• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W212 Suspension types

DingoHK

Hi all, 

I'm a new member from hk. In hk for sedans mb usually offers Elegance(Classic), Avantgarde and Sport for very same model of C and E classes.

I'm a W212 E250 Avantgarde owner for a year, before that l shortly owned a W204 Sport for a few months, but l got serious back problem because of the car's super hard suspension...

I sold the w204 quickly and bought a W212 Avantgarde, then changed the springs to Elegance specs to give softer ride.....

So l'm curious to know, how do you guy's think of W212's suspension? Do you think it is soft or stiff? Any comments?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, DingoHK said:

Hi all, 

I'm a new member from hk. In hk for sedans mb usually offers Elegance(Classic), Avantgarde and Sport for very same model of C and E classes.

I'm a W212 E250 Avantgarde owner for a year, before that l shortly owned a W204 Sport for a few months, but l got serious back problem because of the car's super hard suspension...

I sold the w204 quickly and bought a W212 Avantgarde, then changed the springs to Elegance specs to give softer ride.....

So l'm curious to know, how do you guy's think of W212's suspension? Do you think it is soft or stiff? Any comments?

What sizes of wheels you're running?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Wow! You're already running on the fattest tires with smallest 16" rims that can go on to your ride. 

I don't think I can comment much more other than getting the correct tyre pressure and your shock absorbers are in good conditions

Cheers

Thank you.

Yes l'm already running the fattest tyre and l lowered the tyre pressure to 31psi as well, almost the lowest limit...

I had some discussions on other forum for months, some owners also found the W212 Avant-garde is a bit stiff in suspension setup, and most agreed that Elegance gives much softer ride....

I already changed my car' springs to Elegance specs, l'm thinking changing the shocks too but some owners suggest there are not big difference between Elegance and Avantgarde shocks. So perhaps l could hear some suggestion here.

Any experience to share?

5 hours ago, DingoHK said:

Thank you.

Yes l'm already running the fattest tyre and l lowered the tyre pressure to 31psi as well, almost the lowest limit...

I had some discussions on other forum for months, some owners also found the W212 Avant-garde is a bit stiff in suspension setup, and most agreed that Elegance gives much softer ride....

I already changed my car' springs to Elegance specs, l'm thinking changing the shocks too but some owners suggest there are not big difference between Elegance and Avantgarde shocks. So perhaps l could hear some suggestion here.

Any experience to share?

My first 2010 W212 E250 Avantgarde was on staggered 18" AMG rims and I found the ride to be comfortable enough

My 2nd 2011 W212 E250 Avantgarde had gone from stock staggered 18" to 19" Brabus Monobloc Q.

Later I "downgraded" to 17" all round with 225/55/17 and to me the ride with 17" were much comfortable to my liking.

Cheers

6 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

My first 2010 W212 E250 Avantgarde was on staggered 18" AMG rims and I found the ride to be comfortable enough

My 2nd 2011 W212 E250 Avantgarde had gone from stock staggered 18" to 19" Brabus Monobloc Q.

Later I "downgraded" to 17" all round with 225/55/17 and to me the ride with 17" were much comfortable to my liking.

Wow you got a lot of experience driving W212...

225/55/17? That is one inch bigger than 225/55/16, is it ok using bigger wheels?

2 hours ago, DingoHK said:

Wow you got a lot of experience driving W212...

225/55/17? That is one inch bigger than 225/55/16, is it ok using bigger wheels?

My mistake, it should be 225/50/17 

Cheers