• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Renew COE for SLK200

Hi all,

While searching online for some car information and come across this SG forum. I have read some of the useful threads here and hope to get advices from forumers.

I  am thinking of renewing COE before Feb2021. Currently, the mileage is about 15K, servicing done last year by C&C. My questions are

1. First time renewing COE, other than our own judgement about our car condition (slight scratches here and there, occasionally have to step on accelerator pedal to get aircon going, no roof leakage, etc), do we send for any car inspection before renewing COE? 

2. I would like to upgrade the audio 20 to aftermarket infotainment unit, add on front and rear dash cam, any reliable workshop? 

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a rare find if the 15K Km is genuine!

Find a reliable workshop and plug in the MB Xentry Diagnostic checks.

The car genuine mileage will show up during the diagnostic checks.

imho no point in upgrading the original MB infotainment from Audio 20 to COMAND NTG4.5 

It cost an arm & leg to upgrade and the Navigation Maps are as good as 2015 or rather 2014 Maps.

The only bragging rides is that you will get the navi display in your instrument cluster

There are other choice like adding an Android Display with Carplay & Android Auto.

This will be a much cheaper and practical option

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Hi Kepiting,

Thanks for the reply. 

If left to my own devices, I would just leave the car as it is since most of the time  listening to radio while driving.  Now, more family members are going to use this car, there's a need to upgrade the head unit. Please bear with my noob's questions:

1. As I am the one footing the bill, I am wondering whether I can just change the head unit to a pioneer/sony/alpine system and connect to existing speakers? 

2. I notice that only Apple HP can received phone call presently in the SLK.  Samsung  phones can't even connect successfully via Bluetooth.  This doesn't happen to the other car which can take both apple and android phone calls or put on spotify music interchangeably. Am I right to assume that these aftermarket head units work with both apple and android HP?

3. I would like to fix the aftermarket head unit exactly into the slot occupy by the current audio set to have a neater look. I notice a number of cars fix up with an  8inch tablet. Other than the tablet is removable and can be used by passengers for entertainment purpose, are there any advantages? 

4. I hope to do it once and  it can last me at least 5 years (am I overly hopeful with these modern gadgets?) Any reliable installers to recommend?  I am going to fix the front and rear camera as well.

TIA.

On 3/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, sags said:

Hi Kepiting,

Thanks for the reply. 

If left to my own devices, I would just leave the car as it is since most of the time  listening to radio while driving.  Now, more family members are going to use this car, there's a need to upgrade the head unit. Please bear with my noob's questions:

1. As I am the one footing the bill, I am wondering whether I can just change the head unit to a pioneer/sony/alpine system and connect to existing speakers? 

imho 

Yes you can. It's a miracle if the existing paper cone speakers have stand up till now

2. I notice that only Apple HP can received phone call presently in the SLK.  Samsung  phones can't even connect successfully via Bluetooth.  This doesn't happen to the other car which can take both apple and android phone calls or put on spotify music interchangeably. Am I right to assume that these aftermarket head units work with both apple and android HP?

The stock HU should be able to take bluetooth calls from both IOS & Android Phones. Maybe need firmware updates?

3. I would like to fix the aftermarket head unit exactly into the slot occupy by the current audio set to have a neater look. I notice a number of cars fix up with an  8inch tablet. Other than the tablet is removable and can be used by passengers for entertainment purpose, are there any advantages? 

New tablets with Apple Carplay & Android Auto capable will be a joy - WAZE, Google Maps, Spotify, etc

4. I hope to do it once and  it can last me at least 5 years (am I overly hopeful with these modern gadgets?) Any reliable installers to recommend?  I am going to fix the front and rear camera as well.

Any after market HU should easily last you >5 years.

I used to frequent New Generation AutoSound - may not be "cheap" but they are good

TIA.

See my comments above

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 1 year later...
On 3/19/2020 at 5:01 PM, kepiting1sg said:

The stock HU should be able to take bluetooth calls from both IOS & Android Phones. Maybe need firmware updates?

See my comments above

Same here I just bought a slk250 . Would wanna get upgraded so I can use CarPlay