• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Do you switch off your aircon?

Guest ehwwong

Guest ehwwong

Hello brudders,

what i use to do for my old honda is i always switch off the aircon before i turn off the engine, and will only turned on after i warmed up the engine..

i heard that for mercedes.. better don't switch off as it could draw some external odor.. correct?

Guest NewC180

when mata wear shorts that time, ppl switch off aircon cos scared start engine that time the aircon will drain the battery dry mah.

nowadays modern technology and also batteries more powderful no need to do that lio. even if you park your car 1-2 weeks no start also no problem to start one.

odour or not wa mm cai....

Guest ehwwong

:banghead: :banghead:

sorry ah..... my bad... been driving all my life japan car and always been doing that... mod, please DELETE thread.. very pai seh

Guest kennethloh82

okay.. thats weird..

My SE told me to off the aircon before switching off the engine cos when u on the engine, it will take up the battery life..

But on another note, i didnt follow such a procedure and the battery was still quite lasting.

Guest Cklasse

I have never switch off the air con since my days of A-class (110 000km) till this W203 (150 000 km and still going...). Why make your life difficult when it comes to driving your car? switch off, switch on, switch off for every drive. Leave the auto lights on too and you will enjoy the drive more and life will be nice too. :apwink:

Guest c180g

when mata wear shorts that time, ppl switch off aircon cos scared start engine that time the aircon will drain the battery dry mah.

nowadays modern technology and also batteries more powderful no need to do that lio. even if you park your car 1-2 weeks no start also no problem to start one.

odour or not wa mm cai....

i also feel my c180 battery quite powerful. just turn key can start the car already. there is no delay at all, unlike jap cars can hear the cranking noise.

very impressive!!

Guest ehwwong

actually you don't even need to do full turn on the key.. 1/2 turn also can liao.. beauty of electronics.. and i dont think they use normal starter... that's why no cranking noise

Guest funng

actually you don't even need to do full turn on the key.. 1/2 turn also can liao.. beauty of electronics.. and i dont think they use normal starter... that's why no cranking noise

yea bro, its a confirm start everytime! and if anyone else notice, no such thing as overcrank, which can be done on jap cars (hold the car and "ignition" too long).

i get used to half turn, that day drive a honda, so paiseh, half crank then let go thinking car will start! hahaa. ppl think the car got problem.

Guest holmiumz

hey bro issit true to leave the aircon on always will kill the odor? my car always has the stinky smell everytime i on my air con leh..tried few methods mentioned by bro here but still the same..my SE ever says tat is bcoz of the 3m mat , issit true...the smell very embarrasing leh :(

Guest ehwwong

hey bro issit true to leave the aircon on always will kill the odor? my car always has the stinky smell everytime i on my air con leh..tried few methods mentioned by bro here but still the same..my SE ever says tat is bcoz of the 3m mat , issit true...the smell very embarrasing leh :(

err.. what kind of odor? the new car smell or BO? hahah... joke aside, one of my method is use manual air speed full blast without air recirculation.. it helps!

Guest echodeltax

hmm....I dont think is the 3M mat, so far my 3M mat never give out any smell leh...

sometimes can still smell my leather seat if i don't drive my car for a few days!! And that is the best smell!! :)

Guest ehwwong

hmm...

what if i wanna keep the new car smell?

Feels good!

hahaha!

exactly.. i always tell my wife.. this smell.... only new car have... usually it will disappear after 6~12 months.. sob sob

Guest ehwwong

Anyway... Ah Wong... how many KM have you clocked?

i know abit out of topic!!

:D

aiyo.. i always go off-topic de... muahahaha

already clock 1820km... what about you??

remember to join the GTG

Guest kennethloh82

2054 already!!!

I think I got the car few days before you.. or was it a week!!

would love to.. but might not be in town!

Anw, nice ride u have!

Guest holmiumz

no leh not new car smell, the smell really terrible..like smelly feet :( dunno wat to do man..i have tried the blast and it didnt work..haiz

for milage, mine already 8k after 3 months driving...u guys seems not driving much leh :afro: :afro: :afro:

Guest kennethloh82

Hmm.. I think few ways u cld try..

1) Air the Car.. Open all doors/windows when possible

2) Kill the smell with Pandan leaves.. Provided u ok for the Pandan smell and air it back to have no smell

3) Air Refresherner

4) CHANGE A NEW CAR!! (HAHHAHA!)

5) Prolly can try gg back to C&C and ask how do they maintain the car with the new car smell. (Do tell me if u know how afterwhich)

Guest ehwwong

5) Prolly can try gg back to C&C and ask how do they maintain the car with the new car smell. (Do tell me if u know how afterwhich)

simple.. buy already don't drive loh.... muahahahaha

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Is it some kind of foul smell?

What I can suggest you do to is:

1). Park the car under the hot sun once in awhile.

2). Remove your rubber mats and fabric mats. Wash the rubber mats and sun both rubber and fabric mats.

3). Do not switch off your air-conditioner everytime you switch off your engine.

Always set the car to Auto ventilation and just use the fan switch to adjust the fan speed. Set temperature to between 20-22 degrees.

Do not set the temperature too cold.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Tummy...

So does it mean its best to just switch off the aircon and let the fan ventilation on everytime i switch off the car??

Oh no, what I meant was do not switch off the air-con. If say the fan speed was 2 or 3, bring it down to 1 first before you switch off your engine. Keep the AC button on.