• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New Calipers

Guest Cerano

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

@upandcoming

if you go aftermarket, might as well change to something better like BBK (big brake kit), don't think C&C carry it as an option but i may be wrong!

@Cerano

For me... if i really want to change, i will change the front first.. then save more $$$ and get the back later. On a serious note, i think its better front and back if your wallet allow because merc is FR and the power comes from the rear wheel.. although front is more important when comes to braking and steering but i guess you need better brakes for the back too.

On a side note, will fitting a BBK affect things like BAS and other safety feature of the car?

Guest blackmercs

Usually do you replace all 4 or just the front 2?

If got budget, can starts with the front only, paint the rear with the front matching color. AMG is almost the same price as Brembo, i would go for Brembo. If you die die wanna see the AMG thingy, place sticker, cheap and nice on yr new caliper!!!!

U got to ask yrself, why u need a BBK? for the look or stopping power??

Guest ehwwong

Actually AMG are made by Brembo :clap: :clap:

icic... then i rather buy brembo if it is the same price.. hehe, the BBK GTR series damm swee swee.. anyway, realistically the stock brake good enuff liao.. if for cosmetic reasons, then too $$$$$$$

Guest upandcoming

haha well im looking for just the AMG kit stock kinda front one..i would say more for looks than any real effect =)

bro wong dun forget me if u wanna do changes!!

Guest kopimonster

bro, you ever consider getting a 4 pot instead of a 6? cheaper and 6 pot (or even 6-4 combi) might be a bit of an overkill if you do not intend to upgrade the performance of your car in the long run. to enhance your stopping power, just slap on a set of good tyres along wif the 4 pot brembos and your are ready to rock.

Guest Cerano

bro, you ever consider getting a 4 pot instead of a 6? cheaper and 6 pot (or even 6-4 combi) might be a bit of an overkill if you do not intend to upgrade the performance of your car in the long run. to enhance your stopping power, just slap on a set of good tyres along wif the 4 pot brembos and your are ready to rock.

Oh i think ill do the 6 pot for the front and leave stock for the back.

Is there a 4pot for AMG? how much?

I already have good tyres (Pirelli P Zero Rosso)

Guest kopimonster

Oh i think ill do the 6 pot for the front and leave stock for the back.

Is there a 4pot for AMG? how much?

I already have good tyres (Pirelli P Zero Rosso)

actually, like what kelvin pointed out, AMG = Brembo ;D the only difference is maybe by slapping on the AMG badge, it gives the manufacturer the right to mark up the price IMHO ;D

i cant really give you the exact price, its been a while, but i think i paid around $4500 for my brembos 4 pots, and i got that from my agent, Premium Automobiles some time back. but i am pretty sure you can get it at a better price elsewhere. another thing to note is you have to ensure that the calipers will clear your 17" rims, and clearance from what i understand, depends on size of rims and layout of spokes.