• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Problems with Optik Film

Guest kennethloh82

Guest TuMMyBeaR

been using huper for my old car and this one.. the bubbles problem is more than likely due to poor workmanship or rush job by the workers.... i find that it helps to block off heat but since i never had a vcool so cannot compare

I thot I recalled reading the warranty included for workmanship and bubbles? If have, can go back to them to rectify rite?

When did you collect your car?

Please contact your SE to arrange for the Huper guys to take a look.

Guest blackmercs

vcool i think is better than huper. can feel the difference if you move your hand over

Not for my case, within 2 mins cool liao despite parking under the hot sun. No issue for bubbles thingy too. :pray:

Guest kepiting1sg

Not for my case, within 2 mins cool liao despite parking under the hot sun. No issue for bubbles thingy too. :pray:

Bro BlackMerc,

Wan cheapo & goody solar film cum Pleasure Island aka Batam Island.

I had my Prado done a few months back, the F%$#kin installer put in >70% dark film when I wanted <30%.

That nite could see any damn thing outside the car so dungerous and went back the next day to F%$k them.

They redo my solar film new FOC, it works, no bubbly thing or if any my lao wah eyes couldn't see but the best

part they did my solar film twice for a princely sum of

Now U wonder why so many solar film companies out there.....shhhhhhhh!!!!! :wifstupid:

Guest blackmercs

Bro BlackMerc,

Wan cheapo & goody solar film cum Pleasure Island aka Batam Island.

I had my Prado done a few months back, the F%$#kin installer put in >70% dark film when I wanted <30%.

That nite could see any damn thing outside the car so dungerous and went back the next day to F%$k them.

They redo my solar film new FOC, it works, no bubbly thing or if any my lao wah eyes couldn't see but the best

part they did my solar film twice for a princely sum of

Now U wonder why so many solar film companies out there.....shhhhhhhh!!!!! :wifstupid:

Unker for film i high class ok, i wan Huper Optik hor, coz FOC .............. :clap:

Frankly, this brand is good and effective but cost an arm and leg!!!!

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Honestly, I find HO very good liao.....

Been using it for my last 5 cars, only my 1st car was Vkool.... I don't notice any difference at all......

After all, it FOC la.... so neber mind la.... :P :tongue1:

Guest iactac

anyway....front, back, side. As long as the film is put on, potential risk of bubbles. Having said, that depends on the workmanship....maybe, you're lucky....those chaps put on nicely for you loh....

For me, you can see bubbles on almost every piece, some big, some small and some with dirt stuck. The first time when I noticed them, one was so big (with a big black dot - ie dirt), when I showed the SE, he was shocked as well (initially, I thought my mirror has cracked!!). Well, check again and who knows, you might see some surprises....

Guest ehwwong

I also noticed some bubbles on the side of the windscreen. My SE said will go away after a few months.

Not sure if I should bring it back....

well, make sure your SE will FIX for you if it does not go away a few months...

Guest iactac

are you bubbles big or with dirt in it? If big, doubt it will go away, not even years. If with dirt in it, that's even worst....make your car looks unpleasant. Well, if you can bear with it, continue to monitor and wait for months before going back to your SE. For me, a no-no as you think that all else in the car is so perfect, except this....To make matter worst, there are outside companies that guarantee (and prove) 100% perfect workmanship!!