• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Problems with Optik Film

Guest kennethloh82

Guest kennethloh82

Hi bros,

Anyone having problems with the Optik film?

It seems that even after 2 weeks, there are still some bubbles on the windows.

There are also dirt bubbles on the windscreens

Is this common?

Anyway of getting rid of the bubbles?

Sigh!

Hope im still able to send the car in back for getting rid of those unsighty bubbles

Cheers..

Guest ehwwong

i noticed that with my car too.... seems that the worker did not do a good job at all.. i am still considering whether want to inform my SE and get them to re-apply..

are you using huper optik from C&C too?

i dont recommend DIY to get rid of the bubbles... it may be some dust or particles causing the bubble.

Guest iactac

Yes. It happened to me too. Collected m W204 2 months ago and went back to the SE and demanded the change, not once, not twice but three times!! Reasons given were its a 'manual' process and so, don't expect 100% perfect. Also, not sure whether anyonw knows that the film was actually put on right at C&C (Alexander) - 5th/6th floor and its non airconditioned and that's why, dirt are trapped in some of the bubbles.

But then, I did not buy all the bull shit and demanded them to remove and replace the film for me. I also mentioned to them that if they cannot do a swee swee job, then, remove them and I get them installed elsewhere and billed them subsequently. So, I gave them one last chance and guess what, they did a near to perfection job and until now, I did not notice a single bubble anywhere....

Guest kennethloh82

i noticed that with my car too.... seems that the worker did not do a good job at all.. i am still considering whether want to inform my SE and get them to re-apply..

i dont recommend DIY to get rid of the bubbles... it may be some dust or particles causing the bubble.

Yes.. mine is from C&C... the huper optik...

okay.. I will prolly call my SE to inform him about this..

Although these are small bubbles, it gets irritating at times.

I was asked to keep the car under sun so that the bubbles will disappear, but i believe those are dust particles stuck inside :(

Sigh..

Guest kennethloh82

Yes. It happened to me too. Collected m W204 2 months ago and went back to the SE and demanded the change, not once, not twice but three times!! Reasons given were its a 'manual' process and so, don't expect 100% perfect. Also, not sure whether anyonw knows that the film was actually put on right at C&C (Alexander) - 5th/6th floor and its non airconditioned and that's why, dirt are trapped in some of the bubbles.

But then, I did not buy all the bull shit and demanded them to remove and replace the film for me. I also mentioned to them that if they cannot do a swee swee job, then, remove them and I get them installed elsewhere and billed them subsequently. So, I gave them one last chance and guess what, they did a near to perfection job and until now, I did not notice a single bubble anywhere....

Sounds good!

I think i will go back to my SE next week to fix the problem..

How long did it take for them to redo the film?

Sigh...

Guest iactac

Depends on whether you change one to two pieces or the whole car. 1st I went, took about 1.5 hrs to change one piece. 2nd time I went, took about 2 hrs to change 3 pieces. 3rd and final time, I told them enough is enough and I am not coming back for a 4th time and not going to wait for hrs to get them changes. So, they managed to get the whole car changes within 3 hrs (and swee swee). Also, the Asst Ops Mgr by the name of Ken Lee attended to me personally and assured me that all will be properly replaced. Good luck and don't forget to ask for your coffee and snacks while you're there waiting....

Guest iactac

On putting the car under the sun, etc, etc, I think all trying to buy time lah. If the workmanship is good, you are not going to see any bubbles. Also, they should have heat gun to remove the bubbles if they want to and they simply bo chap....hoping that we get used to it as day goes by. For me, spending a few hundred Ks to see such defects is really disappointing. Furthermore, there are shops elsewhere that guarantee no bubbles...so why can't they do the same....So, insisted on perfection!!

Guest east539

i got my W211 NGT since 18th last month, been monitoring the huper optik film that came together as a package, until now the bubbles is still there & i have kpkb to my SE abt it, most likely will be going down within this few days to have it change. hope they get it fix once & for all..

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Bro, next day show it to me.

Guest ehwwong

Bro, next day show it to me.

steady lah... :)

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Huper Optik installation is done at MBC. It is done only AFTER registration of the vehicle.

Usually, when the car is registered, the IU will be installed and then delivered to the showroom from the warehouse at Pandan Gardens.

Depending on the number of registrations on that day, delivery of the new cars to MBC can be on that same day as registration or even next day.

After the car has arrived to MBC, then they will install the solar film. It is easier to install at showroom than the warehouse if you were to say, I believe warehouse is even more dusty. :)

Sometimes, there will be some big bubbles on the glass esp on the corners and bottom or top half of the windscreen. This is normal but it should disappear after a few days. If after one month still like that, inform your SE to arrange a time to bring in the car for the Huper installers to take a look.

As for small tiny bubbles, it is inherant. There is nothing much that can be done. Of course can bring the car in to do. But can do and do and do la, sure to still have one or two tiny ones....bo pian.... That is why emphasis on not opening & closing the windows for the next couple of days as well not sticking anything of the windscreen.

But as I said, if there is alot of bubbles, contact your SE. They will assist you. No worries.... :iconsalut:

Guest kennethloh82

Hi Tummybear,

Thanks for the update!

I think my film is with dust stuck inside.

Those are found on top of the window screen

For some reasons, there is also a lil 1 cm scratch on the screen at the edge.

Not tooo sure why

Btw, what does the warrantee covers?

Does it mean i can keep going back when there is a bubble?

Cheers

Guest bbwannabe

don't bother with the default one they give bah... even though it is branded, it is the lowest possible end.

go for a slightly less branded one and take their highest end film.

definitely worth the money! try driving in the sun before and after and you'll know what I mean~

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Hi Tummybear,

Thanks for the update!

I think my film is with dust stuck inside.

Those are found on top of the window screen

For some reasons, there is also a lil 1 cm scratch on the screen at the edge.

Not tooo sure why

Btw, what does the warrantee covers?

Does it mean i can keep going back when there is a bubble?

Cheers

Bro, don't worry, just contact your SE to arrange a date & time to bring the car in for the Huper guys to take a look.

But please don't quote me hor.... :P

Guest TuMMyBeaR

don't bother with the default one they give bah... even though it is branded, it is the lowest possible end.

go for a slightly less branded one and take their highest end film.

definitely worth the money! try driving in the sun before and after and you'll know what I mean~

Bro, on the contrary, the ones that is given is not the lowest grade. It is the highest grade in the Huper range.

The cost is very high to C&C. Please do not assume that Huper is a standard SOP item that is given. It is still a tradeable item which has a significant cost to the company.

Sometimes, during the process of installation due to the mass number of registrations as well as owners chasing SEs to deliver the cars to them do not help the process. They Huper guys have to rush through the installations.

So please do bear with certain imperfections. As long as they take responsibility for it, its ok.

Guest iactac

Yes, film is of the highest quality but workmanship varies. This, I think is where the problem lies (not on the film itself)!

Actually, it depends on how fussy you are with the bubbles. For me, a NO NO since these are something that you really cannot do much about and worst still, you get to see them everyday. When I saw my brother-in-law car (using v-kool), his is so perfect (and he is not driving a conti). So when he asked me how on earth a merc, which most people associate to be of some level of status and prestige, could have such obvious 'defects', my only reply to him is don't worry, I will get to the bottom of this and ensure mine is as good as his!! :banghead:

So, I made all the efforts to go back to my SE (whom I must say is very patient and accommodating) and insisted on getting them changed (or I get them installed outside and billed them). But come to think of it, it's really beyond what the SEs can do as they do not supervise (or do) the installation and what they can do is to escalate this and hopefully, the issue gets resolved somehow. I also feedback this experience in the feedback form to C&C and maybe that's why they finally get serious and installed the film swee swee for me on the 3rd (and last time) attempt. Anyhow, do not think C&C will deny any responsibility - so go back to them and get them resolve the issue. My humble advice.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Yes, film is of the highest quality but workmanship varies. This, I think is where the problem lies (not on the film itself)!

Actually, it depends on how fussy you are with the bubbles. For me, a NO NO since these are something that you really cannot do much about and worst still, you get to see them everyday. When I saw my brother-in-law car (using v-kool), his is so perfect (and he is not driving a conti). So when he asked me how on earth a merc, which most people associate to be of some level of status and prestige, could have such obvious 'defects', my only reply to him is don't worry, I will get to the bottom of this and ensure mine is as good as his!! :banghead:

So, I made all the efforts to go back to my SE (whom I must say is very patient and accommodating) and insisted on getting them changed (or I get them installed outside and billed them). But come to think of it, it's really beyond what the SEs can do as they do not supervise (or do) the installation and what they can do is to escalate this and hopefully, the issue gets resolved somehow. I also feedback this experience in the feedback form to C&C and maybe that's why they finally get serious and installed the film swee swee for me on the 3rd (and last time) attempt. Anyhow, do not think C&C will deny any responsibility - so go back to them and get them resolve the issue. My humble advice.

Agreed... Well said.... :clap:

Guest bbwannabe

oic.

i assumed that way because i felt a difference after changing to a no brand version. it maybe psychological, i don't know. at least my gal isn't complaining any more.

no brand wise, it still pass LTA requirements for the VLT.

Guest east539

anyway just one thing to add, just my view. I believed C&C let Huper Optik local dealer undertake the solar films jobs & have a team there to stand by at MBC(i think so) & one of the most likely reasons why the Huper Optik guys are unable to do a good job might be like what bro tummybear said there are a lot of cars been registered that day & many customers are rushing their SE to hand over the car ASAP, but is it be coz of not enough manpower? if so, why can't Huper Optik have more manpower stand by at MBC when there are suppose to be a large of cars register on that particular day?

anyway i think this is what the C&C & Huper Optik management have to sort this out sooner or later, coz in long run it is going to hurt both C&C & Huper Optik image especially when many cars owners are getting this problem when they took delivery of their new cars & this sound really crazy. it will be even more for us when our friends or family members whose non conti car solar films are perfectly done at the first time. i know nothing is perfect, but when others are able to complete the solar films jobs perfectly at the first time & why ours not?

Guest c722

guys apart from the bubble etc etc, does the film work ? my current vcool 45/40 works very well for the back seat. driving under the hot sun also no problem at all. Last time I was offered Huber Optik, but I opted out (because a friend told me the vcool film really works) and do vcool myself. costs me 1.1k.

Guest ehwwong

been using huper for my old car and this one.. the bubbles problem is more than likely due to poor workmanship or rush job by the workers.... i find that it helps to block off heat but since i never had a vcool so cannot compare

been using huper for my old car and this one.. the bubbles problem is more than likely due to poor workmanship or rush job by the workers.... i find that it helps to block off heat but since i never had a vcool so cannot compare

I thot I recalled reading the warranty included for workmanship and bubbles? If have, can go back to them to rectify rite?