• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying W204

Guest twentyeight

Guest twentyeight

Hi guys,

I'm considering getting C180 Blue Efficiency or C200 from PI or C&C.

1. What's fuel consumption (assuming stock set-up), I read figures provided by C&C, but would like to hear realistic fc figures from present owners.

2. I test drove C180 BE and C200 before, power delivery difference doesn't seem to differ much, maybe butt not sensitive enough. However, noise intrusion into cabin can get quite annoying especially on long drives. Anything that can be done to it?

3. Any issues/problems with the car?

5. Lastly, any good deals or SE recommendations from PI or C&C? Pls pm if not convenient. Thanks!

Guest NewC180

Search, bro, search!

Been discussed before, see these threads:

About Blue Efficiency:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3548.0

About C&C vs PI:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3655.0

Fuel Consumption:

C180 non Blue Efficiency: I'm getting about 10km/l

C180 Blue Efficiency: lower than above obviously

C200: higher than above obviously

The current Merc C is a very well engineered car after many years of R&D (did I say this before??). After being around for about 2 years, I think most bros/sis here will give their big thumbs up in terms of quality and reliability. See this thread also: http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3333.0

I'm pretty sure you'll be getting lots of PM's on SE recommendations. So I don't think I'll need to PM you. If nobody PM you (I SERIOUSLY doubt so), then PM me so that I'll PM you. Ha ha... just trying to liven things up a bit here!

Good luck to your purchase, and looking forward to another new Merc member!

Guest twentyeight

Thanks bro! :iconsalut:

I guess sales package vary from time-to-time..so hope to get bros here to share on packages that they're getting! 8.)

Guest ehwwong

hello brother..

if you did read my thread on my quest of getting a c-class, you would know that i choose C&C over PI. Simply because PI has no ex.stocks.. so if you want to consider getting one from PI, why not check out first automobile which is our site sponsor?

and comparison between c180 BE and c200... its totally DIFFERENT as i have test driven both too, i am sure you didn't whack the throttle real hard when you test drove... not saying that you are boy racer but sometimes you do need the extra power when over-taking.

am getting about 9km per liter in my 200, similar to my honda civic.. hehe

Guest twentyeight

hello brother..

if you did read my thread on my quest of getting a c-class, you would know that i choose C&C over PI. Simply because PI has no ex.stocks.. so if you want to consider getting one from PI, why not check out first automobile which is our site sponsor?

and comparison between c180 BE and c200... its totally DIFFERENT as i have test driven both too, i am sure you didn't whack the throttle real hard when you test drove... not saying that you are boy racer but sometimes you do need the extra power when over-taking.

am getting about 9km per liter in my 200, similar to my honda civic.. hehe

Hmmm, ex stocks anot not too crucial factor for me! I can "lun" da wait! haaha

Tks for recommendation. Will check out First Automobile soon. Any other good PI around for me to check out?

Ya, maybe didn't drive hard enough. Pedal to metal liaoz at every traffic light. Only can feel diff on "S" mode..."C" not too much diff wor...

Perhaps should go back to whack the car again. Well, 9km/l seems decent enough. My current car doing 6km+/l..sianz...

Guest twentyeight

hello bros...

Got my C180 a while ago..

Great ride! definately better than audi or BM! :D

My ride is about 10km/l.

Cheers!

Tks bro. I supposed you've gotten from C&C?

Btw, any guys know that if I buy from PI. Can I go back to C&C for servicing/warranty claims?

For C180 BE guys, how much are you doing for FC?

Guest teriyaki

hello bros...

My ride is about 10km/l.

Cheers!

Btw, any guys know that if I buy from PI. Can I go back to C&C for servicing/warranty claims?

Hi bro!

Steady lar.. Group buy from C&C lar..

Okay.. Answer your question... If u buy from PI, very unlikely C&C will do warranty claims. Since you didnt buy from them, why should they give u warranty? But you do entitled to 2 year international warranty... But guess you would have to go back to PI.

Anyway, havent really seen the performance of C180BE... Quite amazed that a 1.6L can still produce the same 156bhp as 1.8L.

Btw, are u driving RX8? why your FC = 6km/l only?

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Hi guys!

Actually, PI customers CAN come to C&C to service their cars and also for warranty claims..... :clap:

BUT! Firstly, you need to pay an admin fee of $500/- in order to service the cars.

Next, you can only go to the Pandan Loop Service centre on thurdays or fridays and with appointment nia. But if a C&C customer comes in without appointment, they will still get attended first. (Membership has its privileges! ;D)

As for warranty issues, factory international warranty is 2 years from the date of PRODUCTION. So have to be careful when the PI cars are produced.

As for C&C, its 3 years from date of REGISTRATION.

For PI customers, if above criteria are met, C&C will honour the warranty claims. However, you will need to pay for the repairs/ replacements first in order to get the car done. They will submit the claim to Daimler on your behalf.

C&C customers won't need to pay a single cent for warranty claims.

Certain items may not be able to replace due to the fact that the PI cars have standard items that are for another country and different countries will have different specs. So do take note that not all things can be claimed.

Guest teriyaki

Hi guys!

Actually, PI customers CAN come to C&C to service their cars and also for warranty claims..... :clap:

BUT! Firstly, you need to pay an admin fee of $500/- in order to service the cars.

Next, you can only go to the Pandan Loop Service centre on thurdays or fridays and with appointment nia. But if a C&C customer comes in without appointment, they will still get attended first. (Membership has its privileges! ;D)

As for warranty issues, factory international warranty is 2 years from the date of PRODUCTION. So have to be careful when the PI cars are produced.

As for C&C, its 3 years from date of REGISTRATION.

For PI customers, if above criteria are met, C&C will honour the warranty claims. However, you will need to pay for the repairs/ replacements first in order to get the car done. They will submit the claim to Daimler on your behalf.

C&C customers won't need to pay a single cent for warranty claims.

Certain items may not be able to replace due to the fact that the PI cars have standard items that are for another country and different countries will have different specs. So do take note that not all things can be claimed.

Erm.. So conclusion is...

Buy from C&C still the best right? :yumyum:

Guest upandcoming

after 2 mths of walking numerous PIs im back to cycle after seeing sufficient horror stories haha...enough said...shall i say welcome first?! :welcome:

Guest NewC180

IMHO, if the savings is not more than 15-20% based on the SAME SPECS, it is better to buy from C&C for a better piece of mind.

HOWEVER, if you are going to MOD BIG BIG TIME, and don't care about warranty at all, go the PI route, use the money you've saved and MOD MOD MOD!!!

Also, when buying from PI, better to buy from those with ready stock, you won't know what will happen a few months after you've paid your deposit, especially during these "turbulent" times....

Our sponsor First Automobile does have many good reviews here (I'm not related to them ok...) and I think they're quite professional in their business.

Bros, agree with me??

Guest twentyeight

hello bros...

My ride is about 10km/l.

Cheers!

Hi bro!

Steady lar.. Group buy from C&C lar..

Okay.. Answer your question... If u buy from PI, very unlikely C&C will do warranty claims. Since you didnt buy from them, why should they give u warranty? But you do entitled to 2 year international warranty... But guess you would have to go back to PI.

Anyway, havent really seen the performance of C180BE... Quite amazed that a 1.6L can still produce the same 156bhp as 1.8L.

Btw, are u driving RX8? why your FC = 6km/l only?

Yo yo bro...

Group buy? Waiting for you only arh..haha

Anyway, despite all the horror stories, FL RX-8 is not bad.

My full tank can go close to 500km with some gu-niang driving on 50%-50% City/Highway style.

So that's before all the crazy moddding...after that...sigh..dun say liaoz..But it sure is fun car to drive.

Currently, I've another TC Jap car as my daily-ride.

So anything more than 6km/l is a blessing! haha

Guest twentyeight

IMHO, if the savings is not more than 15-20% based on the SAME SPECS, it is better to buy from C&C for a better piece of mind.

HOWEVER, if you are going to MOD BIG BIG TIME, and don't care about warranty at all, go the PI route, use the money you've saved and MOD MOD MOD!!!

Also, when buying from PI, better to buy from those with ready stock, you won't know what will happen a few months after you've paid your deposit, especially during these "turbulent" times....

Our sponsor First Automobile does have many good reviews here (I'm not related to them ok...) and I think they're quite professional in their business.

Bros, agree with me??

Good point that u brought up bro!

Heard friends saying some of local AD would seize every chance to void your warranty.

Change rim also void warranty...

Btw, is C&C very niaoz on the warranty parts?

So far my experience with PML is that they seem quite relac when it comes to modding...

Guest twentyeight

teriyaki ]

Hi guys!

Next, you can only go to the Pandan Loop Service centre on thurdays or fridays and with appointment nia. But if a C&C customer comes in without appointment, they will still get attended first. (Membership has its privileges! wrote:

Erm.. So conclusion is...

Buy from C&C still the best right? :yumyum:

If above-mentioned pointers that are being mentioned by bro tummybear is true...C&C does seem like a safer bet? :D

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Don't say that la.... I'm always quite objective.... :)

As a consumer, if say PI prices are least 30% cheaper, I don't mind taking the risk. Even so I will still buy from a PI that is more established (likely to cost more for the car) than some small PI with a small shop (which will be the cheapest generally).

Guest NewC180

Bros, agree with me??

Heard friends saying some of local AD would seize every chance to void your warranty.

So far my experience with PML is that they seem quite relac when it comes to modding...

see this thread about C&C warranty, self explanatory:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3780.msg52142#msg52142

Ok guys, if you have seen the specifications sheet from C&C with the factory options at the back, all those have to be factory fitted.

Technically, you cannot fit all those locally. But I believe there are certain items that can and has been done.

As for Harman Kardon, I seriously doubt you can fit it locally. Anyway, Harmon Kardon is mainly an upgrade of the number of speakers in the car including a subwoofer as well as amps. Not too difficult to get a local ICE shop to assist you in installing any brands of speakers that you may been keen in.

As for Command, one of the bros here have tried to install but there were some issues which I believe cannot be resolved so easily, so my advice is a don't touch option.

Keyless definite no no la.... cost will be ridiculously high even if can.... I know that there are some places who can install a GPS, DVD & Reverse Cam into the original audio 20 screen. Cost wise I'm not too sure, have to check.

Again, I would like to state that any modifications to the car NOT originally fitted by Merc-Benz and C&C will void warranty ah.... ::)

So far, my experience with pml is that banging tables usually reinstated voided warranties!

Guest twentyeight

Bros, agree with me??

Ok guys, if you have seen the specifications sheet from C&C with the factory options at the back, all those have to be factory fitted.

Technically, you cannot fit all those locally. But I believe there are certain items that can and has been done.

As for Harman Kardon, I seriously doubt you can fit it locally. Anyway, Harmon Kardon is mainly an upgrade of the number of speakers in the car including a subwoofer as well as amps. Not too difficult to get a local ICE shop to assist you in installing any brands of speakers that you may been keen in.

As for Command, one of the bros here have tried to install but there were some issues which I believe cannot be resolved so easily, so my advice is a don't touch option.

Keyless definite no no la.... cost will be ridiculously high even if can.... I know that there are some places who can install a GPS, DVD & Reverse Cam into the original audio 20 screen. Cost wise I'm not too sure, have to check.

Again, I would like to state that any modifications to the car NOT originally fitted by Merc-Benz and C&C will void warranty ah.... ::)

So far, my experience with pml is that banging tables usually reinstated voided warranties!

Ya, banging tables does seem to be way to go at PML! haha

Btw, would fitting DVD+Reverse Cam+GPS means that factory unit have to be replaced?

Picture certainly will help. Btw, any estimate how much damage it's gonna to cost?

Guest blackmercs

Btw, would fitting DVD+Reverse Cam+GPS means that factory unit have to be replaced?

Picture certainly will help. Btw, any estimate how much damage it's gonna to cost?

Bru is just add on, this has been discuss many times, do a search.

cheers

Guest NewC180

Bros, agree with me??

The system is offered by J4C, no need to replace your factory unit, and can make use of your current Audio 20 screen (a bit small though). I think blackmercs post the prices etc here before, do a search. Alternatively call J4C to check.

Guest twentyeight

Bru is just add on, this has been discuss many times, do a search.

cheers

Oppss...my bad... :P

Guest Cklasse

I am a gentle guy who does not like to bang table. One sure workable way is to write to Daimler in Germany for any warranty claim or even out of warranty claim (as long as you have valid reason) or any issue.

I have tried many times and C&C will act very quickly to resolve. They even sent the missing part to my home when I cannot pick up the part from Merc Center.

• 1 month later...
Guest greenvibes

Hi guys,

I'm considering getting C180 Blue Efficiency or C200 from PI or C&C.

1. What's fuel consumption (assuming stock set-up), I read figures provided by C&C, but would like to hear realistic fc figures from present owners.

2. I test drove C180 BE and C200 before, power delivery difference doesn't seem to differ much, maybe butt not sensitive enough. However, noise intrusion into cabin can get quite annoying especially on long drives. Anything that can be done to it?

3. Any issues/problems with the car?

5. Lastly, any good deals or SE recommendations from PI or C&C? Pls pm if not convenient. Thanks!

2. is the C class really that noisy? isn't refinement high in the list of characteristics of luxury cars, what kind of noise are you referring to?