• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

random gripe

Guest bbwannabe

Guest bbwannabe

haha... just complaining.

sometime, i feel that we RHD ppl are 2nd class. an afterthought in the design process of the car.

here is a list by a picky driver. haha...

list of should-be:

-HU should be flipped. ergonomically, the types of function (radio, cdc, video, etc) + power button and volume should be on the right. since these are more important than the rarely used tel keys

-the telephone numbers should be on the left.

-the place of handle to release foot brake. (have you ever tried to engage the foot brake and then to release it without getting yourself tangled with your own right knee?)

-gear shifter. for those gear shifter with the D- and D+ slots, you shift it to the RIGHT (towards you) if you want to up gear. the intuition is to shift it AWAY from you to shift up.

-i bet it is the same for the the COMAND aps, the 2 column of key buttons are likely to be flipped too. haha

-feel free to add on. =)

one other thing:

not related to the LHD and the RHD thing, but i feel the speedometer should be on the right instead of being on the left. since most of us have a right master eye, this would make sense. compared to having rev meter on the right.

fortunately, some benz use the large center speedometer, that one isn't so bad.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sy69u

i think as a singaporean, we are very adaptable. thanks to the goverment. little or major changes does not really effect us unless, its a matter of life & death.

bbwannabe can I intro you to the perfect car ? This one confirm RHD not an afterthought but central to the design.

f1interior.jpg

How ? Swee bor ? Some more sit 2 other people to your left and right, can cho cho you from both sides.

Guest bbwannabe

hahahha.. yah we all can adapt. just random thoughts.

hmmm... cannot lah, that car. i can only have one gf. my gf makes sure it stays that way!

Guest Sareve

sometime, i feel that we RHD ppl are 2nd class. an afterthought in the design process of the car.

list of should-be:

-HU should be flipped. ergonomically, the types of function (radio, cdc, video, etc) + power button and volume should be on the right. since these are more important than the rarely used tel keys

-the place of handle to release foot brake. (have you ever tried to engage the foot brake and then to release it without getting yourself tangled with your own right knee?)

-gear shifter. for those gear shifter with the D- and D+ slots, you shift it to the RIGHT (towards you) if you want to up gear. the intuition is to shift it AWAY from you to shift up.

-i bet it is the same for the the COMAND aps, the 2 column of key buttons are likely to be flipped too. haha

-feel free to add on. =)

one other thing:

not related to the LHD and the RHD thing, but i feel the speedometer should be on the right instead of being on the left. since most of us have a right master eye, this would make sense. compared to having rev meter on the right.

Actually, it is a natural tendency for me to shift TOWARDS me when I upshift. But then I don't think our cars are designed badly, I think most of these "design flaws" would probably also be present in LHD cars from an LHD perspective because the interior layout minus the COMMAND aps have essentially been flipped for the RHD conversion.

My main gripe with RHD cars is that we have obviously been given the proverbial short end of the stick. Allow me to list a few awesometastic cars that are unfortunately ILLEGAL in our country because they're only produced in LHD. Let's see...

SLR, Ferrari F40, F50, Enzo, Enzo Successor, Bugatti Veyron, Alfa 8C, Corvettes, SL65 Black Edition, Carerra GT.

But hey, the Aston One-77 is available in RHD, here's to hoping monumentally rich person in Singapore might buy it.

Guest Sareve

bbwannabe can I intro you to the perfect car ? This one confirm RHD not an afterthought but central to the design.

f1interior.jpg

How ? Swee bor ? Some more sit 2 other people to your left and right, can cho cho you from both sides.

Looks like a LHD design to me, note that driver entry is only possible from the left and that the shifter column is on the right of the driver's seat. Is that some showcase model of the Mclaren F1?

Guest bbwannabe

list of should-be:

-feel free to add on. =)

one other thing:

Actually, it is a natural tendency for me to shift TOWARDS me when I upshift. But then I don't think our cars are designed badly, I think most of these "design flaws" would probably also be present in LHD cars from an LHD perspective because the interior layout minus the COMMAND aps have essentially been flipped for the RHD conversion.

My main gripe with RHD cars is that we have obviously been given the proverbial short end of the stick. Allow me to list a few awesometastic cars that are unfortunately ILLEGAL in our country because they're only produced in LHD. Let's see...

SLR, Ferrari F40, F50, Enzo, Enzo Successor, Bugatti Veyron, Alfa 8C, Corvettes, SL65 Black Edition, Carerra GT.

But hey, the Aston One-77 is available in RHD, here's to hoping monumentally rich person in Singapore might buy it.

hang on. i thought there is a Bugatti Veyron in Singapore (already)? it was stomped recently i think.

Guest Sareve

Yes, but it's not road legal. Just like the 3 Enzos, 2 Alfa 8cs, the CGT and a few other awesome cars stashed away in private collections. Go check out TG's house to see a bunch of fantastic (and non road legal) super cars lined up outside.

Yes, but it's not road legal. Just like the 3 Enzos, 2 Alfa 8cs, the CGT and a few other awesome cars stashed away in private collections. Go check out TG's house to see a bunch of fantastic (and non road legal) super cars lined up outside.

Legality is just a question of money hehehehehehe :clap:

Guest Sareve

Haha I think it's more of a question of what you're going to do if you go to a ticket machine car park and the machine is on the wrong side of your car.

Haha I think it's more of a question of what you're going to do if you go to a ticket machine car park and the machine is on the wrong side of your car.

Then again if you drive a Veyron it's a question of which hotel valet you wanna park with ? 8.)

Unless you visit suburban or older buildings under arcane management who don't want to fork out $$ for IU based scanners, you better travel with an assistant. :P

Guest narmi

Aiyoh, got money also difficult, no money also difficult!!

Let's all of us buy that India 4K car lah.. That way, totally got no buttons or command aps or triptonic to gripe with!! :)

yeah lah datuk, lets shed all our clothes lest we let brands segregate us.. let's all drive Tata Nanos!!

Speaking of shedding clothes, I can't imagine being part of a nudist colony.

:devil2:

Guest narmi

Errr...

Sgmerc meetups going to be nudist ah?!?!

Where's pigletress and opiume?!?!? :3some: :3some: (Sure kena bang for that statement ah) :banghead: