• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

how to increase BHP!!

Guest sohail

Guest sohail

Hi guys, its me again. hahah, was wonder what to look out for when tryin to Boost ur 96 E200 w210's horsepower.

iwas hoping you guys can help me make a checklist of things-to-do. hahaha thanks alot! btw have a good weekend!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ACSLK

sohail,

1) Air-filter

2) Better spark plugs

3) upgrade SC

4) Header

5) Down-pipe

6) Exhaust

7) Kleemann pully-kit with K-box.....

8) Tune ECU

Cheers.... :clap:

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi guys, its me again. hahah, was wonder what to look out for when tryin to Boost ur 96 E200 w210's horsepower.

iwas hoping you guys can help me make a checklist of things-to-do. hahaha thanks alot! btw have a good weekend!!

Be nice to Bro fruitcakepablohoney!

Buy him a nice dinner or a good bottle of wine and maybe he will be kind enough to give U some advice.

sohail,

My suggestion would be to keep the engine stock. Just go for an improvement in the looks department with updated headlights, larger rims, lowered suspension and maybe a simple bodykit. I've got a 96/97 210 non Kompressor as well and it's a really comfortable car to cruise in but if you consider the sheer amount of money you have to throw at the car in order to make it faster, it's just not worth your time and effort.

6 cents worth of text. :)

Guest kepiting1sg

sohail,

My suggestion would be to keep the engine stock. Just go for an improvement in the looks department with updated headlights, larger rims, lowered suspension and maybe a simple bodykit. I've got a 96/97 210 non Kompressor as well and it's a really comfortable car to cruise in but if you consider the sheer amount of money you have to throw at the car in order to make it faster, it's just not worth your time and effort.

6 cents worth of text. :)

Hi Leon,

Did U got the W210 recently?

If U do, congrats man! :clap:

Chance to see your ride in the coming GTG?

Hi Leon,

Did U got the W210 recently?

If U do, congrats man! :clap:

Chance to see your ride in the coming GTG?

Harlow Unker. No sir, this one dada's car. You may have seen b4 at earlier meetups. I'm handing over my car end May. Now look c look c for the right car.... :clap:

Guest kepiting1sg

Harlow Unker. No sir, this one dada's car. You may have seen b4 at earlier meetups. I'm handing over my car end May. Now look c look c for the right car.... :clap:

All the best to U hunting for your new ride...BUT...dun go to the dark side please!!!!! :apwink:

All the best to U hunting for your new ride...BUT...dun go to the dark side please!!!!! :apwink:

TY TY. So far go look CC all so disappointing. :L( Need comfort from PRC mei mei. :2guns: :2guns:

Guest E200

transplant maybe can get the 220 block or the 230 block which is on the slk but the gain r not very significant

If change block, how to pass inspection? Engine number must re-engrave? BTW, does anybody have some pics to show where the engine number is engraved on the W124? I tried to find mine but cannot...

Guest qes78

TY TY. So far go look CC all so disappointing. :L( Need comfort from PRC mei mei. :2guns: :2guns:

The Dark Side beckons...

Interested in some Forced Induction FR cars?

The Dark Side beckons...

Hurhurhurhur what devious suggestions have you got up your sleeve ? :ninja:

Guest qes78

The Dark Side beckons...

Hurhurhurhur what devious suggestions have you got up your sleeve ? :ninja:

Cosworth Supercharged NC?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sohail

sorry ah been MIA. thanks for the advice guys, i m just wanna know how to maximize the engine capacity la, not tryin to make it a fast car! no worries there. haha

and i thought of transplant, damn tempting. hahaha. went to propel.

hmmm, sorry lazy to make new tread, got a few more noob qns,

1) when i brake or release the brake got that quite loud sound "geerrkkkkk", can i like repair to reduce the sound?

2) at 80km/hr got like this tyre(left side) wobbly sound/effect. but at 70km/hr and below no problem. above 90km/h also no problem. i tot was the old wheels, just changed to new rims and tyres still got that effect.

3) wheres the high beam ah? hahahaha