• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Problem starting when warm?

Guest E200

Guest E200

My ride developed the following symptom:

1. in the morning when engine is cold, no problem starting.

2. h/v, after having travelled and engine is warm/hot, switch off engine and then try to turn it on again, it cranks hard, fires, but then engine runs and seem like it's going to die (hokkien: xi-chia). Move the car and then it becomes ok again...

Strange, right? Thot of going to the w/shop, but just wanted to find out if any body encountered something like that before? So that I don't get smoked by the mechanics there mah...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You driving a W124/210/211 mate ?

For W124, a high possibility your ignition module may require replacement. I suffered similar symptoms before my ignition module decided to give up the ghost. Spark not strong enough hence the engine threatening to die off.

Better send it in ASAP before you get stuck on the road halfway driving because that's what happened to me.

Guest calp

hi,

it might be a minor thing just like leon says... hopefully it is... :pray:

but you'd better have head gasket checked just to be sure...

can check the coolant water color as well... Is it just clear pure water or a murky grayish mixture of water and engine oil? :death:

That is another sign of the blown head gasket. ???

Guest E200

You driving a W124/210/211 mate ?

For W124, a high possibility your ignition module may require replacement. I suffered similar symptoms before my ignition module decided to give up the ghost. Spark not strong enough hence the engine threatening to die off.

Better send it in ASAP before you get stuck on the road halfway driving because that's what happened to me.

Hey bro, thanks for the suggestion... must say that I hadn't been diligent enuf in checking out for replies..!

BTW, how much did it cost you to replace the ignition module? TIA

Guest noelhon

Hi Bros, my first post here. Just got my 1991, 8v ride last week. had similar problem as E200 mentioned. try crank a few times then can. i am sure my batt is ok. wanted to bring to mechanic this wkend to check. Is ignition modules expensive? Thx for info!

Guest noelhon

Hi Bros,

I got my problem fixed last sat. the issue lies with fuel regulator beside the engine and also the fuel accumulator (near to fuel tank). Mechanic says there is leak/not working properly. After the fix, no problem at all. cost a fair bit though, $315 just for the 2 stuff :(

Also did my 1st service and change the alternator belt. the car now drives smoother with better fuel consumption. Most impt, it can crank at first try :love7:

Hi Bros,

I got my problem fixed last sat. the issue lies with fuel regulator beside the engine and also the fuel accumulator (near to fuel tank). Mechanic says there is leak/not working properly. After the fix, no problem at all. cost a fair bit though, $315 just for the 2 stuff :(

Also did my 1st service and change the alternator belt. the car now drives smoother with better fuel consumption. Most impt, it can crank at first try :love7:

Great to hear everything is okay. $315 will go a long way bro. :thumbsup:

Guest E200

Hi Bros,

Bro, care to share what's your FC like now (before and after)?..

BTW, my problem still there.. have sent to 2 workshops and they couldn't find out the problem. Now that you got yours solved, maybe I should provide some "advice" to them liao!

Guest noelhon

Hi Bro E200,

My FC before the fix was 6.7Km per Liter, damn jialek cos the mech was saying it was leaking without my knowing. Nw i am still monitioring, have to wait my next pump then i can know.

Do hope you can get your prob fix asap, cos i can understand how u feel!!!