• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

S/E switch on AutoGear

Guest E200

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MBfallshirmjager

If I am not wrong, S stands for Standard & E stands for Economical? Anyone else knows? Fyi, mine is used at E due to the fact I used 98 graded petrol...

Cheerios!

Guest paddy

S - sports, speed, slow????? :death:

huh? i thought is S = shiok E = enjoy? No? i might be wrong!!!

now i noe why must start with E, then shift to S...... so that can Enjoy till Shiok Shiok!!!!!

Please refer to page 61 of your W124/200/200E manual. ;D

"S" Standard (Push switch forward - "S" becomes visible.)

In selector lever positions "D" and "3" the vehicle will start off in 2nd gear when accelerating gently. The vehicle will set off in 1st gear when accelerating briskly.

"E" Economy (Push switch to the rear - "E" becomes visible.)

In selector lever positions "D" and "3" the vehicle will start off in 2nd gear even with full throttle. And even with high throttle, changes up and down will take place at driving speeds and engine speeds lower than in position "S".

Notes:

The "E" program affords an even smoother, more comfortable and fuel saving way of driving and facilitates driving on slippery roads during the cold season. As long as kickdown is applied the "E" program is cancelled automatically.