• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 Why?

Guest TuMMyBeaR

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TuMMyBeaR

I personally went through a heart-stopping emergency braking before near Commonwealth MRT.

I was acclerating to almost 100kmph when the lights turned amber/red and an old lady just stepped out on the road. I was about 4-5 car lengths away.

Slammed on the brakes and came to a complete stop just before the lights..... The old lady was actually stunned and was staring at me. I sheepishly smiled at her to carry on crossing the road.... hee hee.... Oh, at that moment, the hazard lights came on (Adaptive Brake Lights).

Looked into my rear view mirror and saw a lady in a Toyota Altis with her jaws dropped staring at my car.... (Must have seen the flashing brake lights... :P)

I tell you, the brakes are freaking good..... I am so confident of my car after that.... Excellent! :thumbsup:

Guest TuMMyBeaR

i watch the clips at least 10 times liao... hehe

Hahaha..... Go youtube and search for mercedes-benz ads.... Daimler has freakin good ads, too bad we don't show them in SG....

The ads are the best salesperson for the cars.....hmmm.... if got ads liao, maybe don't need me? :tongue1:

Guest Cklasse

I personally went through a heart-stopping emergency braking before near Commonwealth MRT.

I was acclerating to almost 100kmph when the lights turned amber/red and an old lady just stepped out on the road. I was about 4-5 car lengths away.

Slammed on the brakes and came to a complete stop just before the lights..... The old lady was actually stunned and was staring at me. I sheepishly smiled at her to carry on crossing the road.... hee hee.... Oh, at that moment, the hazard lights came on (Adaptive Brake Lights).

Looked into my rear view mirror and saw a lady in a Toyota Altis with her jaws dropped staring at my car.... (Must have seen the flashing brake lights... :P)

I tell you, the brakes are freaking good..... I am so confident of my car after that.... Excellent! :thumbsup:

The C-class Challenge during the C-class launch had lots of such hard turning and stopping to prove that the car is able to handle. However, the ESP is programmed too kiasu in controlling the car during hard turning.

Guest funng

the braking power of MB cars, nothing to say, i also tried before at orchard road (Cineleisure junction), amber light when i at 3rd or 4th arrow, so acclerate to 60km/h (or more) to beat the light, but got 2 girls itchy feet, cross before pedestrain light turn green. slam on brakes, can feel and hear ABS preventing wheels from locking, ESP lights. scary stuff, stop with front wheels cross line, and 2 stunned people about half car width away. after that i seldom try to beat amber light alr. :death:

the stock brakes are good enough for me :thumbsup: but sometimes i see jap cars, the stock brakes from the outside looks exactly the same, thats why i wonder if the commercial is using stock brakes, cause the C class they were using all with AMG kits, but cannot see the BBK from the angle.

I think the commercial abit short, could be longer, but the words create the impact, "why? why? why? why? because we promise you a MB", you smirk cause you're driving a MB, then you find out more about them. haha.

The C-class Challenge during the C-class launch had lots of such hard turning and stopping to prove that the car is able to handle. However, the ESP is programmed too kiasu in controlling the car during hard turning.

Hurhurhur. I personally can't stand the over interference but hey.. I guess that's what makes it so safe. :) :thumbsup:

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Thats true.... But can switch it off.... ^-^