• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

kleeman header+cat

Guest alfman

Guest alfman

hi,

Have installed the kleeman header and cat recently, really can tell the diffence in performance from

mid to high end.Song man :punk1:. But i have a question for bros that have installed the kleeman header

and cat . Do any bros here experience the check engine light on after aggresive driving? the CEL will go off after a day or so.This happens to me twice in a month.Everything is normal when CEL is on , fuel comsuption, power, gear shifting. Any bros here have an explanation?thanks

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

Have installed the kleeman header and cat recently, really can tell the diffence in performance from

mid to high end.Song man :punk1:. But i have a question for bros that have installed the kleeman header

and cat . Do any bros here experience the check engine light on after aggresive driving? the CEL will go off after a day or so.This happens to me twice in a month.Everything is normal when CEL is on , fuel comsuption, power, gear shifting. Any bros here have an explanation?thanks

This could be due to the programme setting on the ECU or the sensor on the exos are not fix nicely or faulty, better send it back to the work shop and check.

Guest kepiting1sg

hi,

In my previous W203, CEL came on intermittenly when my Kleemann K-Box got flooded with rain water.

Another time CEL light came on intermittenly when engine oil gets on to the MAP sensors.

Both time I thought it was alright until MBM pointed out the problems to me.

Bro 9339 is rite abt sending it back to the workshop to check.

Sometime when U thought everything is OK maybe not.

CEL dun come on for nothing.

Guest Cklasse

This may not be relevant to a header mod or a new car but no harm taking a look.

A Check Engine light that comes on intermittently (at least in my W203) is a crack intake air manifold.

Guest sy69u

damm love to have the mod.....should have bought a PI instead of an agent car...... :death: :death: :death:

who says agent car cannot do? most of the members here who do mods bought their cars from c&c.

Guest ACSLK

Hi,

i supposed no guideline......as long you mod any parts (warranty usually will be void)......but kleemann :clap: are good stuff so no worries......

Cheers. :rockon:

Guest Gene

Dear Alfman,

I too have the kleemenn header and cat.....

Check Engine Light comes on a few time.... once was due to faulty O2 sensor and once was due to fuel too lean

I believe you will experience a gradual 'retardation' of your performance soon...

Get it check by the workshop again..... or else you wont have a peaceful sleep... keep thinking about it day and night..... ha ha... I experience all that... :yumyum:

Guest alfman

Just went to have my ride my ride scanned, turn out to be my MAF sensors contaminated with

don't know what oil.(K&N oil or engine oil). Mech clean MAF and trottle body and erased the fault code.

Thanks everybody for your helpful comment. will monitor if the CEL comes on again.thanks again :punk1:

Guest kepiting1sg

Just went to have my ride my ride scanned, turn out to be my MAF sensors contaminated with

don't know what oil.(K&N oil or engine oil). Mech clean MAF and trottle body and erased the fault code.

Thanks everybody for your helpful comment. will monitor if the CEL comes on again.thanks again :punk1:

Lucky for U that U got it checked.

In my previous W203, when the CEL came on, engine oil not only contaminated the MAF sensors but screwed up at least 1 of them & the engine cables. Total damaged by MBM $3K+ :death: