• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

hot buttons

Guest eokh

hi W124 folks

i just found an issue with my car

the aircon knob... when driving at nite ... is lit up

however, after sometime, i found the knob to be very very hot.

so hot until i cannot hold that knob for more than 5 secs

same goes for the other knob to change the air direction

is this normal ??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulbs are of the wrong variety. Wattage too high. Have a hard time finding the right ones. Prolonged usage will melt the knob.

0.4w glazed is what we need. Will post a pic tmrw

Bro

thanks for the info

do you know where to buy the bulbs ?

Bro its getting increasingly difficult to obtain these bulbs. Many shops are selling the more powerful finger burning 5 watt versions! Am looking around as well. If I do find a batch, I'll just buy them up first then you guys let me know how many you need.

Guest paddy

Bro

thanks for the info

do you know where to buy the bulbs ?

Bro its getting increasingly difficult to obtain these bulbs. Many shops are selling the more powerful finger burning 5 watt versions! Am looking around as well. If I do find a batch, I'll just buy them up first then you guys let me know how many you need.

count me in for the bulbs...... now at night either drive with "darken" speedo or else end up with bright bright hot hot a/c knobs :banghead:

Thank you sirr !!

i need at least 2 ... my 2 aircon knobs are burning the hell out of my fingers

shd refrain from drv my Grand Dame at nite for a while ... dont want to burn the car down.

My friend was right ... always have at least 1 new car and 1 old car

Lucky i didn't buy 2 W124 instead

Guest clarkewan

I am not using the 0.4w bulbs. I am using the 1.2w bulbs which is still ok.

Anyone interested can look for me.

I got it at $2 each. I changed all the bulbs which I can access. Example, air con panel, meter cluster, air con vent, gear box shifter, etc....

Quite a fair bit of bulbs though.

Guest clarkewan

Think b4 u all decide, come n try my air con buttons first....

Hee hee....

N let me know in advance cos I need to get my supplier fren to send over to me.

I can be reached at 96777707.

Thanks.

Guest clarkewan

i have no problems with the hot buttons...

:D :D :D

all my bulbs had been changed to 1.2w since 3 days of taking car.....

both my father in law and mine no problem.....

cheers!!!

Guest clarkewan

Yes. Got lights to indicate gears on shifted for auto w124. Mine also no lights when I took car so I took the opportunity to change all the lights in my car. In fact I can say all my bulbs in the car are new!!! Except for the lights on the rear pillar.

Guest mr w124

Wow. didnt know that the shifter panel had lights. i would like that man. Clarke, any chance you would be free to help me with that? would love to see your car too man.

Guest MBfallshirmjager

Yup...speaking of the light indicators for all the swtiches on the console, all should lit up when you drive in the night. Nevermind, just sent to regular workshop and get your trustee mechanic to fix. Its a fast job...

Guest mr w124

Hi Clarke. Yes, i would be very grateful if you could help me with the bulbs n installation. how much would all the bulbs cost? my fan blower knob broke off that day n i i am trying to get a new one for that. while it was off, then i realised how hot the bulb was. also my temp setting dial on the left does not light up also so i think i'll need that bulb as well. Thanks Clarke.

Guest clarkewan

i also cannot remember how many bulbs are there.....

as for the knob...

u can try surpass....

i got my light knob from them...

only S$5 a piece and got mercs logo logo inside...

cheap...

hahhhaa....

i go order 2 boxes of bulbs from my fren....

ask him to bring over....

if u want u can call me at 96777707 to arrange...

can come over my office....

cheers!!!

• 4 months later...

Hey Clark, count me in. I need to change the light for air con panel. for meter cluster i'll just leave it as it is.

Did you know how many in total for the aircon panel required? I've changed the air con switch twice for my W124 twice due to the temperature melt internal air con switch.

Thanks in advance

Alex