• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine stop when reversed

Guest holmiumz

Guest holmiumz

bros, not sure if you encountered this before...my engine stop when I reversed, so far it happened 4 times (twice tonite) since I have gotten my ride 2 months ago..what could be the problem? This is the first time ever I encoutered an auto car will have engine stop! :( :( :( wat could be the problem?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Is there any "Check Engine Light" on?

Or is there any messages?

Is your car a C&C vehicle? May want to send the car in for a quick diagnostic. Contact your SE to help you.

Guest hwong

bros, not sure if you encountered this before...my engine stop when I reversed, so far it happened 4 times (twice tonite) since I have gotten my ride 2 months ago..what could be the problem? This is the first time ever I encoutered an auto car will have engine stop! :( :( :( wat could be the problem?

It is abnormal and should not happen while performing normal parking on flat road carpark or those with a slight ramp or hump.

Even parallel parking on a downhill slope will not cause automatic car to stall when reversing the car up-slope.

Go check it out with service center.

Guest holmiumz

Is your car a C&C vehicle? May want to send the car in for a quick diagnostic. Contact your SE to help you.

nope the engine light not on and there is no message in the console also ...haiz I also dunno wat happen..I need the car so I cant send in to C&C for service..the previous 2 times happen sometime last month then it was okie but today twice it happened :(

Guest TuMMyBeaR

nope the engine light not on and there is no message in the console also ...haiz I also dunno wat happen..I need the car so I cant send in to C&C for service..the previous 2 times happen sometime last month then it was okie but today twice it happened :(

I know of someone who had this happened as well, but its in "Drive" rather than "Reverse". If, I'm not wrong, it could be for the same reason.

Doubt its a very major problem, more software than hardware... :)

You may want to just send the car in for a quick check 1st. Just to ensure its not a major issue, at least after that they can arrange a date and time to get the car done.

Don't worry so much 1st, send it in 1st. Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

i am driving W124 yr 92..... maybe u can check with ur wkshop..... for mine my mech jus tune the CO

bro our W124 old technology. CO tuning no longer applicable on new vehicles.

Guest hwong

same problem here! for me i guess its due to i reverse at a v fast speed.. its cut off the engine ...

could it be for safety reasons?

No such safety module for MB yet, only Distronic Plus for moving forward in S-Class, hopefully soon to be in the new E-Class too!  :punk1:

Anyway, MBC conducted a recent car intro on W204, so you may get more info from your SE at MBC...  :bboyspin:

Guest Sareve

same problem here! for me i guess its due to i reverse at a v fast speed.. its cut off the engine ...

could it be for safety reasons?

Definitely not, I've reversed up to a speed of 40km/h before, no safety mechanics kicked in.

My W204 have this problem a few time too....

Once i floor a little harder and instant let go the padals when on 'R', engine will stall..... :banghead:

Yap, I do face this problem too, when floor in reverse mode. I think it shd be the safety feature.

Guest holmiumz

Seems alot of us having this problem for w204, so could it really be a factory defects or something? So far any news from C&C on this? I haven check with C&C yet...well if many of us have this problem maybe we should all stage protest at C&C for an answer/solution :D :D :D wat u guys think?

Guest jameslhm

i am driving W124 yr 92..... maybe u can check with ur wkshop..... for mine my mech jus tune the CO

bro our W124 old technology. CO tuning no longer applicable on new vehicles.

noted