• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fuel injector cleaner for w124

Guest mr w124

Guest mr w124

I just purchased a w124 and am having quite bad fuel consumption. is there any fuel injector cleaner that any of the members can recommend for this model? Thanks.

Viknesh

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirBenz

1st of all welcome the club bro :)

Regarding ur Q.

I've heard from other forums the using fuel injector cleaner might harm the fuel divider. why don't u just change the injectors it cost abt $30/pc. alternatively u can try FC60 give Eddie a ring @ 92723423.

btw is ur ride 8v or 16v?

Sorri W124, hijack your thread ...

any idea what is a good engine oil viscocity to use for cars 10years and above ?

For starters, don't use fully synthetic oil. Previous experience with the fully synthetic oils is that they seem to "burn out" at a faster rate than the semi synthetic ones. Semi synthetic blends with no more than 30% synthetic oil is a good compromise. If you're using Shell/Mobil oils the viscosity rating tends to be between 5W-30 & 5W-40.

This list should help you decide on what type of oil to go for :-

Mercedes Benz Approved Engine Oil List

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/oil.html

Hiya Dial,

Thanks - so u suggest to go for mineral and change every 5000km then ?

Yo Raskie, thats my usual service interval. ;D Unless you whack your car real hard a 5,000km service interval is fine. General consensus is 10,000kms but in truth aggressively driven vehicles need a shorter interval.

Regarding ur Q.

I've heard from other forums the using fuel injector cleaner might harm the fuel divider. why don't u just change the injectors it cost abt $30/pc. alternatively u can try FC60 give Eddie a ring @ 92723423.

btw is ur ride 8v or 16v?

Viknesh as Sir Benz has spoken - swap your injectors. :) Cleaners may or may not perform up to expectation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mr w124

hi Sir Benz. sorry for the late reply. been bogged down with work. i drive an 8 valve. just had it serviced and the consumption a bit better. but still hovering abt 400km for 58 litres. abt 7km per l. how many injectors would i have to change? and would it improve the fc or are my figures as good as it gets. Any info would be welcome. thanks.

Guest millionmilebenz

hi Sir Benz. sorry for the late reply. been bogged down with work. i drive an 8 valve. just had it serviced and the consumption a bit better. but still hovering abt 400km for 58 litres. abt 7km per l. how many injectors would i have to change? and would it improve the fc or are my figures as good as it gets. Any info would be welcome. thanks.

Hello Mr. 124! I think there's still room to improve in your vehicle's fuel efficiency. My W126 (3 litre engine) gets ~7.5 km/l, but it's a much heavier car. My dad's W124 (2.3 litre 8V engine) gets as high as 9 to 10 km/l, albeit with about two-thirds of distance done on highways.

Guest sirBenz

Hey mr w124,

I'm driving 8v as well, when i bought my car a year back, was getting 7.5km/l ( 80% highway).

This are things i done. to improve my FC.

1. New plug wires

2. New Distributer Cap & Rotor

3. New Nozzles ( btw u need 4)

4. KNN filter

5. New Fuel Pump

6. FC60 fuel additive( this stuff will clean out ur entire fuel system)

Now getting abt 9 -10km/l 80% on highway. Hope this helps.

Guest mr w124

Hi Sir Benz. Thanks. your info is greatly appreciated. can i just check did u change all of this at one go? n how much did it cost? was there an improvement in power? also wat petrol do u use? i was using 98 till a friend told me 92 is fine for this model. but with 92 my FC is worse.

Guest sirBenz

Hey mr w124,

changed the items 1 at a time..mind u that the results was not instant, took abt 4mths.

1. New plug wires $36

2. New Distributer Cap & Rotor $70 for both

3. New Nozzles ( btw u need 4) $120 for 4

4. KNN filter $100

5. New Fuel Pump $95

6. FC60 fuel additive( this stuff will clean out ur entire fuel system) $33/bottle i'm on my 4th bottle.

Power wise there is improvement, petrol wise i'm using combo of 95 & 98.

Hi Sir Benz. Thanks. your info is greatly appreciated. can i just check did u change all of this at one go? n how much did it cost? was there an improvement in power? also wat petrol do u use? i was using 98 till a friend told me 92 is fine for this model. but with 92 my FC is worse.

when you use 92, you have to re-tune your CO! than you will get your FC as good as before

i also alt use 95/98 or 97( go in Malaysia la)

Hey mr w124,

changed the items 1 at a time..mind u that the results was not instant, took abt 4mths.

1. New plug wires $36

4. KNN filter $100

5. New Fuel Pump $95

6. FC60 fuel additive( this stuff will clean out ur entire fuel system) $33/bottle i'm on my 4th bottle.

Power wise there is improvement, petrol wise i'm using combo of 95 & 98.

hey sir-benz

k&n filter got help meh?

Guest sirBenz

slightly perkier i guess

keltanky ]

when you use 92, you have to re-tune your CO! than you will get your FC as good as before

i also alt use 95/98 or 97( go in Malaysia la)

Hey mr w124,

1. New plug wires $36

4. KNN filter $100

5. New Fuel Pump $95

6. FC60 fuel additive( this stuff will clean out ur entire fuel system) $33/bottle i' wrote:

hey sir-benz

k&n filter got help meh?