• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W221 I.C.E anyone?

Guest leonwei

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest narmi

Hi bro,

first of all, welcome to the forum!!

secondly, for ICE enquiries, our resident ICE pro is Unker Batam.

ICE should not be so model specific so i think if you put up your enquiry on the ICE thread, would be most helpful.

Unless maybe you are thinkin of putting bodykits on your W221, then maybe u could be more thread specific.

If u are planning to go for rims, let me know.. can get u some lobangs on gd rims, and plus, i'm planning to change my rims on my 219 also, so maybe can group buy! >:D >:D

Anyway, here's the rims on my dad's W221..

IMG00041.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi,

i'm a newbie. Does anyone know any installer that do benz. As my ride still have 2 yrs warranty... Pls Advice...

Hi Bro leonwei,

:welcome: :welcome: A warm welcome to you!!! :welcome: :welcome:

My ICE installer is

Sam Tan

Swift Motion

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1

Eunos Technolink #03-11

Tel: 62966330

Sam has been in this business for >20 years maybe longer...hehehe!!!

Beside ICE installations, he organize ICE shows, competitions & talks both locally & overseas.

They do installation for all cars beside Japs, Koreans, Continentals

to exotics like GTR, Lotus, Maserati, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari.

Your W221 will be in good hands.

If U do pay him a visit, just mention KP from Batam Island.

Dun worry, I dun get a cut from him....hehehehe!!!! :-[

Hope U enjoy your stay with us!!!!! :apwink:

Guest leonwei

Hi Bros,

thanks for all the reply. Sorry abt the thread posting this is the first forum i actually do posting.... :-[.

As for the ICE i will go down today to have a chat with the installer. But what kind of budget should i be prepared for? As i just want a simple enhancement from the current stock one. As i have 2 kids who still need strollers. So boot space is impt....

As for rims is there going to be a group buy......? Pls post it up if there is going to be one....Thanks

Guest yoshikix

Hi Bros,

thanks for all the reply. Sorry abt the thread posting this is the first forum i actually do posting.... :-[.

As for the ICE i will go down today to have a chat with the installer. But what kind of budget should i be prepared for? As i just want a simple enhancement from the current stock one. As i have 2 kids who still need strollers. So boot space is impt....

As for rims is there going to be a group buy......? Pls post it up if there is going to be one....Thanks

Nice man , btw may I ask what the C.C of the engine? I was wondering does S300 comes with a distronic plus system? Thanks!

Guest leonwei

it abt 34** i can't remember the last 2 digits. But i test driven the 300, can't move......so i went with the 350. the std ones dun come with distronic. but the sale rep told me LTA has not approve it yet....Hope this helps.. :punk1:

Guest yoshikix

it abt 34** i can't remember the last 2 digits. But i test driven the 300, can't move......so i went with the 350. the std ones dun come with distronic. but the sale rep told me LTA has not approve it yet....Hope this helps.. :punk1:

So it's not install onto the car you mean by default? I saw the Video when they using the Distronic PLus , DAMN COOL :3some:

Guest yoshikix

Well its not really LTA disapprove

its Mindef...

cos, Distronic plus interfers with their signals :censored: :censored:

Dammit , :banghead: , by the way , now a days I seems to have problem with the sensor on the front and rear car , most of the time the sensor just turn red and beep sound , like not working liao :banghead: , then I tried to clean with a little wet cloth , wipe the sensor , when go raffles place , still okie , when into the car park , screw up again , after that I wipe with my finger , going back to office, looks okie again , can recommend any solution?

Guest narmi

Bro, if u ask us for any recommendations, our obvious reply would be, "sell the car, get urself a new one!" :)

You did not tell us what car ur driving (I know u placed it under S class segment but we don't know how old is your car or whether or not its still under warranty.

And plus, this topic is under ICE, maybe u might want to start a new thread so that more brothers here can help instead of thinking its a qns regarding ICE?

Just my 0.02 cents worth bro..

Hi Bros,

I/C/E budget... mmm.. basic enhancement over stock starts from 1k+ depending on what speakers you wanna swap to... problem is with the new speakers, you'd want a new amplifier... with a new amplifier you need some decent cables... goes on and on... :tongue1: