• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need Help On My W204 2009

zackky84

Hi All,

My W204 recently came out with this weird issue, when i am stopping on slope and moving off, the car will not response to the accelerate, it will only inch forward with a strong vibration and only the acceleration will kicks in after 5 to 10 secs, and the worst part is the reversing, can't move over a simple hump with full accelerate fully engage, rpm did not response also. The Engine didn't stall . There is totally no fault code at all . Anyone face this issue or can advise on this? 

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Is it a kompressor?  Check the kompressor charge pipe. It might be leaking hence the car is losing boost. 

Ya is Kompressor, But when i full engage pedal there is no response , as in rpm not moving and no rev sound at all. 

• 1 year later...

hi bro. did you manage to resolve your issue? wondering if you could share what happened cos i think i may be in the same shoes...

my car recently displayed similar symptoms : when i stop the car at a traffic light or car park barrier, the car wont accelerate once i step on the accelerator again despite the RPM going up. the gear is still left in D throughout, just changing from brake pedal to accelerator pedal. when it first happened, i just turned off the engine and on again, and the car moves on. now, i couldn't get it to move and almost had to call a tow truck...thankfully after 10min of trying the car moved. 

i went to chip soon (where i usually do my servicing) and was told that nothing showed up in the diagnostics...hence the workshop has no idea where to begin. 

• 4 months later...

not sure if you guys solved your problems but i had similar issues and i managed to rectify them. just sharing my experience:

2009 w204 c180k, first merc here. i recently experienced very similar issues to what was described (strong vibration, noisy start, significant loss of power, unresponsiveness when stepping accelerator, problems sometimes go away after an engine restart.). initial diagnosis was supercharger fault, i had that resolved at the workshop i usually go to but the other problems persisted.

for my case, it turned out to be a combination of two faults:

• one of the sensors (in the engine area, was not reporting the faults)
  • ECU faulty

the workshop sorted out these 2 and it seemed to have resolved all the above issues and it's been a beautiful drive so far. i've been warned by the mechanic that the next thing that is going to fail is the engine mounting so i probably will be going back to sort that out next.

being 10 year old cars, your mileage may vary. not here to advertise so PM me for the contact if you want to give my workshop a shot. hope this helps another w204 owner!