• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

changing of brake pad

Guest gt200

Guest gt200

dear brothers,

i juz got my 06 model slk200,realise that the brakes " bae jiak" leh haha.and ask for my fren recommendation to change brake pad,he directed me to a guy name steven,went to his workshop at tanjong katong rd in the esso kiosk.he offer me 470, to change all brake pads,plus brake fluid and cleaning of the braking system,is this the market price?and anyone service yr car at steven there before,tink the name of tthe workshop is call ah kam.

thankyou for the response!

cheers!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ACSLK

Hi gt200,

Welcome welcome......what's the mileage on this ride? Brake worn out so fast? Probably is time to upgrade to AMG BBK sure can stop on time...

(Gene where are you?)

you may wanna try this workshop:

MBM Wheelpower Pte Ltd 176 Sin Ming Dr, #01-15 Sin Ming Autocare 6458 3198

Happy braking...........(mod)

Cheers

Guest redhood

Hi GT200! Welcome to sgmerc n congrats on ur purchase of a fine automobile, the SLK.

Brakes is something you cannot save on. Make sure it is original parts n quality workmanship.

Guest east539

dear brothers,

i juz got my 06 model slk200,realise that the brakes " bae jiak" leh haha.and ask for my fren recommendation to change brake pad,he directed me to a guy name steven,went to his workshop at tanjong katong rd in the esso kiosk.he offer me 470, to change all brake pads,plus brake fluid and cleaning of the braking system,is this the market price?and anyone service yr car at steven there before,tink the name of tthe workshop is call ah kam.

thankyou for the response!

cheers!

ah kam?? actually they have been in the market servicing & repairing merc for quite some time, i still remembered many years ago my dad's W210 gearbox up lorry, ask around for quote & he happened to quote the lowest & the workmanship also quite good. i would say is consider a trusted workshop.

Guest gt200

Dear brothers,

thankyou for all your help,anyway went down to mbm the other day. and one of guy actually help me to test drive the car,and told me that merc brake is normal to be feelin abit bae jiak,its very normal,haha,and after visual inpection of the brake pad,he told me that the front was left almost 70% and the back abt 50%,(and for your information,the guy at the ah kam workshop there told me left only abt 30%,therefore better change) ,therefore no need to change.was really thankful,if not would have spend unnecessary money.i kinda like the service there(thankyou acslk),will definitely go back there for servicing and stuff....due to their honesty and their sincerity.

:clap:

Guest Sareve

Dear brothers,

thankyou for all your help,anyway went down to mbm the other day. and one of guy actually help me to test drive the car,and told me that merc brake is normal to be feelin abit bae jiak,its very normal,haha,and after visual inpection of the brake pad,he told me that the front was left almost 70% and the back abt 50%,(and for your information,the guy at the ah kam workshop there told me left only abt 30%,therefore better change) ,therefore no need to change.was really thankful,if not would have spend unnecessary money.i kinda like the service there(thankyou acslk),will definitely go back there for servicing and stuff....due to their honesty and their sincerity.

:clap:

Been driving a japanese car before this? My friend complains about this alot when he drives my car.

Errr... what happen to all our brothers and sisters???... for the past 2 days straight... no sound no picture????

keep your comment/gossip/experience coming man..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oops... did I post on the wrong topic.... ha!