• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

95" Masterpiece E200 4 0r 5 speed

Guest Tomo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly speaking,I'm looking at a high speed cruiser,I'm considering either E36 320 or a W124,I like the classic look and the stability of the W124,but sadly,its only 4 pot and 4 speed,I can't do much.But E36 320 is a 6 potter and 5 speed,I can get a M3 halfcut and I'm on my way to cruising 250 km/h on N/S highway.I need to get at least E280 to acheive the equivalent.So now abit confused,my heart goes to W124,but my mind tell me E36 more potential.

Tomo

many E36 had been badly "gang- :tongue1:"

finding a good one will be tough

there is a racing horse green one E36 coupe on the market ... owner lives near SGH ... Nice senior gentleman ... see if you can find his ad on sgcarmart. Ad last appeared sometime in CNY this year. Car is in pristine condition but seller is not very motivated.

there is another silver one that had been carefully restored ... try your luck there too

between moddability (E36) and stealth (W124) ... i would choose stealth

Tomo

many E36 had been badly "gang- :tongue1:"

finding a good one will be tough

there is a racing horse green one E36 coupe on the market ... owner lives near SGH ... Nice senior gentleman ... see if you can find his ad on sgcarmart. Ad last appeared sometime in CNY this year. Car is in pristine condition but seller is not very motivated.

there is another silver one that had been carefully restored ... try your luck there too

between moddability (E36) and stealth (W124) ... i would choose stealth

Perhaps you might want to consider a 300CE.

300 ce road tax very ex leh.the green one i din saw at sgcarmart,but the silver one i did get in touch with the owner.$45k for a well done 320 coupe is quite attractive,but the engine is still stock,i need another $10k to mod up the engine,I'm not so particular about the appearance,I'm more focus on the bhp.

300 ce road tax very ex leh.the green one i din saw at sgcarmart,but the silver one i did get in touch with the owner.$45k for a well done 320 coupe is quite attractive,but the engine is still stock,i need another $10k to mod up the engine,I'm not so particular about the appearance,I'm more focus on the bhp.

M54B28 are a dime a dozen on german eBay

that's their bread and butter model

>:D

Guest abrahamsgsg

Frankly speaking,I'm looking at a high speed cruiser,I'm considering either E36 320 or a W124,I like the classic look and the stability of the W124,but sadly,its only 4 pot and 4 speed,I can't do much.But E36 320 is a 6 potter and 5 speed,I can get a M3 halfcut and I'm on my way to cruising 250 km/h on N/S highway.I need to get at least E280 to acheive the equivalent.So now abit confused,my heart goes to W124,but my mind tell me E36 more potential.

i agree wif u tat the e36 has much more potential. even the straight six on the stock 320 is a better block den e w124. if horses is wat u wan, i trust tat the e36 would be better. if space n comfort is wat u r after, then the w124 is great.

I am not thinking of turbo charging,cos I'm afraid of inspection issues and if suddenly the LTA fellow on road seow seow wana open my bonnet then I finish.yup,E36 got potential for higher BHP but W124 is more comfy.Another option for me is the Cefiro 230 jm,the engine is VQ23de,which is same block as nissan fairlady,so this is another more labour intensive and expensive conversion.But end result will be a very comfy car with enough BHP to cruise the N/S highway.Still pondering lah.

you cant be serious !! putting a VQ23 into a W124 ?

then may i suggest a VQ35 instead... if it can fly a plane, it can propel you along NS comfortably

but the problem with swopping blocks from other manufacturers is that the mounting points are different + tranny are different.

makes the whole conversion exercise laborious and painful

moreover, it screws the weight balance and distribution ... handling can be a chore

the V6 is fun ... but i dont think its worth the hassle.

i think a "hairdryer" is the best way forward

even if kenna Lorong 8 .... its stil only 800 buckaroos

the price of a brethren swap is definitely more expensive than that

oh,no lah.What I mean is get a cefiro 230 jm (depreciation also about 4k plus per year),then sawp a vq35de into it,together with a 5 speed auto.Not putting a vq engine onto W124 lah.Like that got power plus got comfort mah,but very tedious plus expensive also.but think back,still more worthwhile then get a BMW 530 or Merc E280.

Heavyweight title division champ..

Damn power !! squeezing a 2JZ engine inside

but as expected ... the power screws the balance ... see how unsteady the car is after coming out from the bend

i think it was bcos the rev was too low so the turbo cut off and upset the weight distribution balance

see the way the rear backside fishtails ... scary !!

but i dont mind thundering down NS on this monster !! this will definitely give the Wiralutions a run for their money

another option which i would suggest is to squeeze in the 3L NA supra engine .. cannot rmbr the engine code liao. But its a JZ engine also.

that one has a more linear power curve .. will be fun !!

oh,no lah.What I mean is get a cefiro 230 jm (depreciation also about 4k plus per year),then sawp a vq35de into it,together with a 5 speed auto.Not putting a vq engine onto W124 lah.Like that got power plus got comfort mah,but very tedious plus expensive also.but think back,still more worthwhile then get a BMW 530 or Merc E280.

if you are thinking of the model before Teana ... i rcmd dont

bcos the suspension is too soft.

not sure if there is a tien aftermarket for it

but i am sure the previous previous model does have a tien to suit.

and yes, a VQ35 on that car will be a good NS machine bully-kitchi as well