• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

First 10K Servicing

Guest wee

hi Aal the B-Class bros..

just to check is it necessary to go back to c&c for the first 10K servicing? i'm hitting my first 10K now and called the c&c and was told the servicing will cost me about 3 to 400 hundred (is this true?) just wonder if i can do my servicing other places? i mean in times like this its better to be more wise with $$...

some advise pls. thanks!

wee

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to get your car being serviced by them to cover your WTY .....

You can also give MBM a call, check with them can they cover your WTY if your car are maintain by MBM, sure it will be cheaper at MBM, further more if you have our SGMERC Decal, further 20% discount on labour will be given too.

thanks bro 9339 for the advise :thumbsup:

too bad i have not gotten the decal yet. :-\

so which means i have to call irregardless i service at c&c or mbm...now its really a tough call...

wee

MBM are not the only one which can give wty on new Merc,You can of cos try others if you can trust them in wty of your car.

I serviced my car at MBM, did a few wty claim, no problem, no hassle. best of all no payment needed.

Guest knighthunter

just to check is it necessary to go back to c&c for the first 10K servicing? i'm hitting my first 10K now and called the c&c and was told the servicing will cost me about 3 to 400 hundred (is this true?) just wonder if i can do my servicing other places? i mean in times like this its better to be more wise with $$...

some advise pls. thanks!

wee

I thought service should be 15k interval? Why you need to service at 10k did your service notification displayed on your car? If not just drive until it shows, not necessary to service at 10k interval like Japanese car.

Guest ripclaw

I think all SE advise car buyer to service at 10k. default setting from factory is 15k but probably due to diff driving conditions here and where its manufactured, we were advised to svc at 10k

Guest knighthunter

I think all SE advise car buyer to service at 10k. default setting from factory is 15k but probably due to diff driving conditions here and where its manufactured, we were advised to svc at 10k

Nope I was advised 15k follow the on-board comp. I checked with other merc in my Condo they said also 15k. I am not willing to service at 10k interval.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

hmmm...this is very confusing....so is it 15K or 10K ? maybe i should also ask ard. there's another 2 Bees where i stay.... ;D

Ok, just to clarify this... Factory states is 15k interval or at least once a year.

For SG market, due to the city; start/stop driving and the weather; humidity, we would recommend customers to come in at 10k interval or at least once every 6 months.

But this doesn't mean that the car cannot drive till 15k before you service your car. My advise is to stick to a 10k interval or least around 12k.

Kind Regards,

TuMMyBeaR Aka Alvin Quah

thanks tummybear forthe advise :thumbsup:

okie so its 10k to 12k interval for the first servicing. so i have about 2k more to run before i send for servicing.

thanks everyone for the contribution :clap:

wee

Guest knighthunter

TuMMyBeaR ]

hmmm...this is very confusing....so is it 15K or 10K ? maybe i should also ask ard. there' wrote:

Ok, just to clarify this... Factory states is 15k interval or at least once a year.

For SG market, due to the city; start/stop driving and the weather; humidity, we would recommend customers to come in at 10k interval or at least once every 6 months.

But this doesn't mean that the car cannot drive till 15k before you service your car. My advise is to stick to a 10k interval or least around 12k.

Kind Regards,

TuMMyBeaR Aka Alvin Quah

I think in Singapore Singapore car is less tortured compared in 4-season country or in Germany itself when car is often whacked to limit at autobahn for daily use.

Well, I dun want to contribute $$ to the service center by prematurely servicing the car before it due time (15k km or 1/year). I am not try to prohibit people to service the car at 10k interval, it's your car and your $$ so if you think servicing 10k will makes you feel safer why not.

Guest Cklasse

guys, I have clocked 110 000 km for my previous w168 and now 148 000 km for my w203. Both have been serviced at 15k interval and still running without problem.

bro knightthunder,

thanks for asking ard...i do agree u. what im asking is for the benefit for the rest of the new bee-merc like me (other new benz owners...perhaps) some ideas too. cos when i drive jap cars in the past we are advised to have the first 3 services promptly...

anyway another thing to share with all the bros here...tried sonax fuel system cleaner and i do see the significant change in the fuel consumption and the smoother ride. anyway i just pump full tank and will see how much i'll consume this time. the last time rd my fc clocked at 9.3l/100km hope to see a lesser consumption this time rd. anyway this is jus a short term solution to save on fuel...what matters most s still the driving habits.

cheers!

wee

bro knightthunder,

thanks for asking ard...i do agree u. what im asking is for the benefit for the rest of the new bee-merc like me (other new benz owners...perhaps) some ideas too. cos when i drive jap cars in the past we are advised to have the first 3 services promptly...

anyway another thing to share with all the bros here...tried sonax fuel system cleaner and i do see the significant change in the fuel consumption and the smoother ride. anyway i just pump full tank and will see how much i'll consume this time. the last time rd my fc clocked at 9.3l/100km hope to see a lesser consumption this time rd. anyway this is jus a short term solution to save on fuel...what matters most s still the driving habits.

cheers!

wee

hi all the bee classers

its the feedback time on the sonax fuel cleaner. after putting it into my tank. my fc clocked 8.6l/100km. can feel the car has more power too.

give it a try if u wanna see the difference.

wee

• 2 months later...
Guest notti

I just called C&C and guess what? the 2nd svcing is more expensivse than the first one. I am definitely sending to MBM or other work shops! Arghh , no decal but can say I am from SGMERC forum to get 20% discount or not?

Any bros here know how much will MBM charge?

some advise pls. thanks!

wee

Guest bbwannabe

can bah~ no decal say from here can already.

BUT!

make sure you buy the decal at the next gathering!

btw, you will break your warranty even if you miss one service at cycle. kinda defeats the purpose of buying from AD...

I just called C&C and guess what? the 2nd svcing is more expensivse than the first one. I am definitely sending to MBM or other work shops! Arghh , no decal but can say I am from SGMERC forum to get 20% discount or not?

Any bros here know how much will MBM charge?

You will require our 2nd generation decal else no 20% discount will be offered on the labour.