• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Queries on A170

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hi bros out there, am new to the forum and will like to enquire about the A Class A170 Advantgarde. Just like to find our more about the pros and cons, owners reviews...etc. Wondering if are there any A class owners in here that will like to kindly share some light on this baby merc. Just wondering is this the only Merc Forum in SG? Is there any other dedicated Merc Model forums around? Hope to be able to learn more about this baby merc before biting the bullet... Thank you. Cheers...!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Klass bro, where are you!! or maybe Cklasse can help out! (since it was his babe :P)

anyway meloble, there used to be a few small merc forums around SG, but died out

This club is moving as fast as it goes!! enjoy you time here...

Guest Cklasse

Hi Meloble,

When you are looking at the A-class, I assume you don't have that mentality of "less money, more metal" when it comes to buying car. If you post this in other car forum, there will be more "don't buy" than "buy".

My previous car was a W168, an A160 elegance. I am sure the current W169 has evolved into a better car than the previous one. Although I don't own the W169, I can see that the built and material used is of a higher quality that is more Mercedes-Benz. What's the advantage of the A-class? the tall stance means you see further, the carpark card reader slot is at the right height to use, in an accident the other car will hit the floor board and not intrude into the door. The occupant sits on a ladder frame chassis that provide additional protection, coupled with a lot of airbags, slide down engine in a frontal collision, it is a safe car for its size.

If you want safety, this is one of those cars. Anyway, test drive it, take it on the AYE, touch the A-pillar material, the dash, the door and you know it is different from the Toyota and Honda.

Guest angela

Hi all, thank you so much for the prompt replies, sorry for my late reply, was away and had no time to log on to the forum, yes, the build quality of the A class W169 is amazing for its class, i believe no other car in its class comes close. Have always liked the baby benz after seeing it in metal at the showroom. Just felt that the engine range below the 2 litre model quite a let down. Can't stretch the budget for an A200 so can only settle for an A150 or at most a A170, still looking around but am seriously considering the A class. Cheers.

Guest Cklasse

An A170 is just right for the size unless you want to chiong first in the traffic light drag race. It gives enough power to shove the car between lanes and is road tax friendly.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Keylargo

I have driven the W169 A170 Avantgarde for 1.5 year now. It is a great family car with surprising amount of space, both for people as well as cargo. Apart from the B-class, I don't think there is any other car out there that even comes close to this. This is certainly not a performance car, but if you are looking for a safe and comfortable family cruiser, then this car will serve you beautifully ;)

Guest Keylargo

Wish I had more time for meet up and such, but work and family are already dominating the best part of my life... So finding time to meet will prove to be a major challenge :-[ Still, it will be nice to get the chance to hang out with you guys.

Kudo to the folks whom have started this site. Very well done :D

Guest Cklasse

I too need to keep my dearest wife of 2.5 years company during the weekend....but you just need to apply visa and meet sometimes. It's a mens' thing when it comes to car meetup, you know? ;D