• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Going Down The DIY Route

I hope this thread will develop into a useful resource which collects the various stores around Singapore where we can obtain I/C/E related DIY materials and services.

I'm giving serious thought to this DIY approach so I hope we can share some info!

Some common items/requirements for DIYing include :-

Fibreglass + Resin, various thicknesses of MDF (Medium Density Fibre) boards, MDF speaker rings, Speaker grille cloth, woodwork shop services for cutting up the boards

Please post any information on where we can get our hands on any of the items listed and we'll compile them nicely.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

I hope this thread will develop into a useful resource which collects the various stores around Singapore where we can obtain I/C/E related DIY materials and services.

I'm giving serious thought to this DIY approach so I hope we can share some info!

Some common items/requirements for DIYing include :-

Fibreglass + Resin, various thicknesses of MDF (Medium Density Fibre) boards, MDF speaker rings, Speaker grille cloth, woodwork shop services for cutting up the boards

Please post any information on where we can get our hands on any of the items listed and we'll compile them nicely.

It will be nice to start afresh but it's also much easier than to reinvent the wheel.

The is a lot of hardcore ICE D.I.Yer out there in SG and they are much alive.

For the SG D.I.Y ICE forum.

This forum bars all ICE installers from going in.

This forum was formed after some ICE D.I.Yers

form the opinion that some local ICE installers

in the ICE forum http://forums.delphiforums.com/CarsSoundSystem/messages/start

are full of bulls and also out to chio business.

So they started this ICE D.I.Y forum!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/diy4fun/start

Dun go there and also for ICE installer recommendations or else U will get f$#k!

BTW Unker is the boss of the ICE kopitiam folder there.

Most of the Qs you asked is under the FAQ folder.

Any intention to DIY is strongly encouraged by the forumers there

and your Qs will be duly answered.

The forum owner nick is DIYMan and I know him personally.