• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLk200 Fuel Comsumption

Guest agentkaya

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SLK that sips like a Jazz and has consumption better than somebody's papa's Toyota Axio has just travelled 801.8km and reserve tank just triggered. I can safely travel another 50km with the reserve tank before going to the kiosk, making mileage for this tank 850km :bboyspin:

WTH :surrender:

Guest east539

The SLK that sips like a Jazz and has consumption better than somebody's papa's Toyota Axio has just travelled 801.8km and reserve tank just triggered. I can safely travel another 50km with the reserve tank before going to the kiosk, making mileage for this tank 850km :bboyspin:

:o :o :iconsalut: :iconsalut:

Guest SgLaKsa

Driving slow on Leftmost lane is Really different from driving on the fast and furious Right lane. Drivers on the Leftmost lane are really friendlier, they will overtake you just to wave Hello. But when he waved, i noticed that this poor friendly chap has only one finger left, the middle one :1mfinger: :laugh: kekeke

Guest east539

Driving slow on Leftmost lane is Really different from driving on the fast and furious Right lane. Drivers on the Leftmost lane are really friendlier, they will overtake you just to wave Hello. But when he waved, i noticed that this poor friendly chap has only one finger left, the middle one :1mfinger: :laugh: kekeke

hahahaha :banghead:

Guest SgLaKsa

Remember i mentioned that SLK200's consumption can go below 6 Litres/100km? Here it goes:

SLKfuelconsumption.jpg

It can drop lower (i dunno how low though) but i've exited Expressway.

Guest redhood

That's damn impressive, Laksa! I think even MB doesn't advertise such figures. Maybe they don't know? You should report this n they might take it back for research n give u a brand new one!

Guest SgLaKsa

14.5Litres/100km - Wed night, i drove 6km in residential area (no expressway), from home to dinner place and back, the consumption was 14.5Litres/100km for that 6km drive.

5.4Litres/100km - For the sake of showing you guys the above pic, i painstakingly travelled at 60km/hr from Tuas to Pasir Ris (Top down and Air con off) on extreme left lane. I reset computer to zero while already strolling at that speed, so 5.4Litres/100km is the consumption of purely this driving condition after 35km (37 mins) as you can see in all other details.

What every car manufacturers show is the average between both extremes conditions. If they don't know the consumption of these two extremes, how to work out an average for us? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest redhood

14.5Litres/100km - Wed night, i drove 6km in residential area (no expressway), from home to dinner place and back, the consumption was 14.5Litres/100km for that 6km drive.

5.4Litres/100km - For the sake of showing you guys the above pic, i painstakingly travelled at 60km/hr from Tuas to Pasir Ris (Top down and Air con off) on extreme left lane. I reset computer to zero while already strolling at that speed, so 5.4Litres/100km is the consumption of purely this driving condition after 35km (37 mins) as you can see in all other details.

What every car manufacturers show is the average between both extremes conditions. If they don't know the consumption of these two extremes, how to work out an average for us? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:love7: Laksa, I am so touched. you tortured yourself from Tuas to Pasir Ris at 60km/h just to show us what Fuel economy is. thanks!

Guest SgLaKsa

redhood ]

What every car manufacturers show is the average between both extremes conditions. If they don' wrote:

:love7: Laksa, I am so touched. you tortured yourself from Tuas to Pasir Ris at 60km/h just to show us what Fuel economy is. thanks!

Other than torturing myself, i made my wife Damn 'Pek Chek' too... She really 'Beh Tahan' my pattern :tazzie:

Guest SgLaKsa

hahahaha :banghead:

The cat is damn cute, reminds me of the cartoon cat in Shriek

Guest kepiting1sg

Your FC of 5.4 L/100km is very possible and probably full of determination. :iconsalut:

I tried once with my previous W203 M271 - air-con turned on with 3 other adults + 1 child

30+ km - FC 5.7L/100km @ 70 km/hr from Woodlands to Pasir Ris -Highway.

At 60km/hr on Lane 3 or 4 -not only your wife will be pek chek, the bus, lori, goods vehicle drivers would wanna :twinmfinger: U.... :2guns:muahahaha!!!! ;D

Guest ladyseals80

guess time is really money for me

if i travel 60km/hr to reach my clients, means i will take up more travelling time.

if i travel faster for example 120km/hr, i can have more appts instead and probably closing more deals

thou i can save money on my petrol but that does not save time for me

so the conclusion for me is... hack lah... juz drive lah...

juz my 2 cents :D

Guest SgLaKsa

shall we do a FC convoy some day???

see whether can we tally the results shown on ben's slk???

;D

Sure can lah, my car is nothing special, all those with same model will definitely be the same. Uncle Kepeting1sg also proved it already and with Aircon on and car fully packed :iconsalut:

Guest SgLaKsa

Your FC of 5.4 L/100km is very possible and probably full of determination. :iconsalut:

I tried once with my previous W203 M271 - air-con turned on with 3 other adults + 1 child

30+ km - FC 5.7L/100km @ 70 km/hr from Woodlands to Pasir Ris -Highway.

At 60km/hr on Lane 3 or 4 -not only your wife will be pek chek, the bus, lori, goods vehicle drivers would wanna :twinmfinger: U.... :2guns:muahahaha!!!! ;D

U r right man, i also cannot tahan that speed, like i'm riding a bicycle man :tazzie: But i'm determine to get the 5.x L/100km pic to show everyone :laugh: kekeke

Guest kepiting1sg

if i travel 60km/hr to reach my clients, means i will take up more travelling time.

if i travel faster for example 120km/hr, i can have more appts instead and probably closing more deals

No lah! I dun usually drive at constant 70 km/hr or 60km/hr on the highway probably get horn half the time or I fall alseep(even on KPE I set auto-cruise at 76 km/hr)

IMHO, That kind of driving not only impractical but takes the joy out of driving.

Probably SgLaKsa like me just wanna explore the bounderies of our ride especially on the FC side.

I only did it twice and also to prove a point that K-Box do not increase FC if U drive with a light foot @ a constant "low speed"

Another test was when I fitted the ride with the C230 SC + Pulley Kit - the test shows I cannot get lower than 6.3L/100km

Guest SgLaKsa

No lah! I dun usually drive at constant 70 km/hr or 60km/hr on the highway probably get horn half the time or I fall alseep(even on KPE I set auto-cruise at 76 km/hr)

IMHO, That kind of driving not only impractical but takes the joy out of driving.

Probably SgLaKsa like me just wanna explore the bounderies of our ride especially on the FC side.

I only did it twice and also to prove a point that K-Box do not increase FC if U drive with a light foot @ a constant "low speed"

Another test was when I fitted the ride with the C230 SC + Pulley Kit - the test shows I cannot get lower than 6.3L/100km

My petrol is paid by my company and has no limit of usage :laugh: Doing this FC test just to contribute to this FC topic. Thanks for your feedback on the FC after Kleemann mods and 230SC, have always been curious to know it too :thumbsup: cheers man :punk1: :punk1:

Guest Andlee

Yo Ben,

Thanks for doing this test and show wat our SLKs are capable of..I salute you bro...Guess it must be quite torturing to drive in such a slow and controlled manner...

Guest SgLaKsa

Yo Ben,

Thanks for doing this test and show wat our SLKs are capable of..I salute you bro...Guess it must be quite torturing to drive in such a slow and controlled manner...

No problem :laugh: Its damn 'Pek Chek' to drive at that speed on HW man, cos even vans and lorries are 'Tu lan' and overtook me with anger, but yet i cannot Smoke them :tazzie: Inside me, a voice repeats ... Cool down... Cool down 8.) 8.) 8.) kekeke