• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bank exec dies after being flung out of car in collision

http://news.asiaone.com.sg/st/st_20070625_132505.html

Bank exec dies after being flung out of car in collision

Driver and three passengers of other car said to have fled the scene

By Tanya Fong

Jun 25, 2007

The Straits Times

BANK executive Lim Chee Kian, 28, was sound asleep in the back of his friend's car in the early hours of the morning on Saturday, when another car slammed into their vehicle.

He was killed after his body was flung onto the grass verge, next to a traffic light at the junction of Jurong West Avenue 4 and Jurong West Street 64.

The driver of the second car and his three passengers - all men - apparently fled the scene after the crash.

But police say they have identified the driver and tracked down one of the passengers, who is helping them with their investigations.

The owner of the second car, who was not driving the vehicle when the accident happened, has been contacted by the police.

Mr Lim was getting a ride home at about 3am, after a night out, when the accident happened.

He suffered severe head injuries and broken facial bones, and was taken to the National University Hospital, where he died at 3.15pm.

Mr Lim, who was not married, lived with his parents in an HDB flat in Jurong West Street 81 - barely five minutes from where the accident happened.

The driver of the car he was in, Mr Zhou Zhi Wei, 26, and the front-seat passenger, a man in his 20s, suffered fractures and are still warded in hospital. Both are also bank executives.

Yesterday, Mr Zhou told Shin Min Daily News that he was keeping a straight course when he saw two cars - one red and the other black - speeding towards them from the opposite direction.

'The two cars suddenly turned at the junction without signalling or slowing down,' said Mr Zhou in Mandarin.

He said the red car managed to complete the turn, but the black car slammed into the side of his vehicle, sending it careening into a lamp post before coming to a standstill.

'I was so shocked, and by the time the car stopped, I was in pain but could not move at all,' said Mr Zhou.

He said that he saw four men getting out of the car. 'They left the scene while we waited for the ambulance to arrive,' he added.

Police have classified the case as 'failure to give way'. Eye-witnesses or anyone with information on the accident can call the Traffic Police hotline on 1800-547-1818.

[email protected]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

It pays to drive a Merc, it's like buying insurance ;D

Nat Geo has a program on car safety and it shows the importance of seatbelt and airbags, both front and side, including the window curtain bag.

Guest kepiting1sg

Long time ago when I was in Germany,

a German sarcastically told me that a Volvo is like a German tank.

It's built like a tank! tank.gif

Drive like a tank! tank.gif

As fast as a tank! tank.gif

Thinking back, the last 2 descriptions nowadays hold no more truth. ;D

I told my wife that to get a fast car we must get the following cars:-

Getz, Jazz, Fit, Altis or Sunny becos I usually see them going very fast.

(No offense to these car owners but I seen many of them driving these

cars as if they are on the track) :-X

Last Saturday on the ECP a Lancer probably souped up but not an Evo wanted to chio me and even tailed me all the way to Pasir Ris.

Good thing old Unker mellow liao can loon but never lose face becos at times when I will pull away in legal speed, he find it hard to catch up! ;D

Guest CBlack

Last Saturday on the ECP a Lancer probably souped up but not an Evo wanted to chio me and even tailed me all the way to Pasir Ris.

Good thing old Unker mellow liao can loon but never lose face becos at times when I will pull away in legal speed, he find it hard to catch up! ;D

this happen to me almost everyday :P

Guest kepiting1sg

this happen to me almost everyday :P

Yesterday I took back my car from MBM.

I de-kit my perf. mods back to stock.

Slam on the gas pedal, gone are the pull & boost

from the C230 supercharger rushing loudly through the exhaust.

Gone too is the needle going all the way near to the red line in 3rd

before changing to 4th. Now it meekly change gears in the lower rpm.

Pls. lend me your shoulder...... cry2.gifcry2.gifcry2.gif

Now want to cheong also cannot liao.....chiak lat!!!!!! ;D

There're thoughs of selling my ride.

Still debating with my Min. of Home Affairs.

She didn't like my mods...she think I will speed and get myself into problem.

So the mods have to go off 1st......heheheheh....maybe later I phycho her

and change to a faster car devilfinger.gifdevil.gifdevilfinger.gif

If my age minus 30 yrs.

I go for that C32AMG liao.....sigh......sigh.....must look for that elusive exilir of youth........wakakakaka! ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

uncle, can the 230 supercharger be used together with the k-box?

I was told the main diff. with C230 & the rest i.e E200, C200, C180, CLK200, SLK200 M271 is the Supercharger, fuel mapping and the shape of the piston cylinder head. Was also told that the C230 Intercooler also sama2 like the C180.

I didn't ask about the gearing ratio though. :(

I used the C230 supercharger with he K Box & pulley kit.

Slam on the gas pedal, the pull is instantaneous and the roar of air rushing through the exhaust system sure is loud. The feeling is shiok & contagious! ;D

There's much difference when compare to fitting only just the K Box.

No delay! No feeling of low end torque loss!

The only set back is fuel comsumption goes up bet. 5 to 10%. Who cares? :laugh:

Guest CBlack

I was told the main diff. with C230 & the rest i.e E200, C200, C180, CLK200, SLK200 M271 is the Supercharger, fuel mapping and the shape of the piston cylinder head. Was also told that the C230 Intercooler also sama2 like the C180.

Slam on the gas pedal, the pull is instantaneous and the roar of air rushing through the exhaust system sure is loud. The feeling is shiok & contagious! ;D

maybe i should consider taking over the C230 supercharger from you if it fits the W204.

• 1 month later...
Guest angela

C180, C200 Kompressor = LPS 0.45bar

C230 Kompressor = HPS 0.8bar