• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Loud groaning sound from centre console during wet driving

kennyplc

Hi guys,

A newbie here. Have a question on my C200 pre FL here. I experienced loud groaning sound and vibration from the centre console or engine area when driving at low speed and I think it on the 4th gear during raining weather (roughly around 40-50km/h due to slow traffic on expressway) However, it's perfectly fine during sunny day and at the speed. Engine oil and ATF plus filter changed recently. 

Anyone experienced this before? Can share?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope is exhaust problem which might have caused the water to seep in during rain. I will plan a visit to the workshop and ask them to check if there's any dent or holes to seal. Hopefully this is the problem.... Finger crossed...😅😅 will update the findings but have to be next week as this week I'm totally packed

I just brought W204 pre FL and have exactly the same issue.

During heavy rain, felt like no power, loud sound from centre of undercarriage and at time burning smell.

Do keep us update of any findings, I will share my findings next time I bring the ride to my mechanic

I went to the garage yesterday and they said a mid section (a small rectangle metal box) of the exhaust, the stuff inside has gave way.

I repaired it so now I need a rain to test it out.. Unfortunately today very hot...

Hopefully it's really the problem. Damage is $250.

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi All, any updates to this thread? Has anyone managed to resolve the gurgling sounds and loss of power when driving in the rain/wet? With the intention to keep the car for the long term, I have already done the following in attempts to fix the issue but still to no avail for my 2009 W204 C180 Kompressor... 

1. Changed all SC plumbing

2. Changed fuel pump/filter

3. Replaced front/back flexible shaft Coupling and centre bearing 

4. Ignition Coil Pack

5. Air-intake hose

6. Bonnet weather seal 

Thanks in advance for any inputs. 

w a y

"I can resist everything and anything except for temptation itself." - Wilde