• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

insurance premium?

Guest starnite

Guest starnite

HOw much u guys paying for your insurance now? With NCD? 3rd Party fire and thef? Or comprehensive?

Find it ridiculously high now, waitng for a new quote on MOnday.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:banghead: yup hear some members were quoted around the range of $8** ++ for 3rd party with fire and theft. Me also waiting for another quote! Haiz :surrender: mine also 50% NCD lei! AIG quoted me $9** ++ with 50% NCD and loyalty! No way man!

Guest starnite

:banghead: yup hear some members were quoted around the range of $8** ++ for 3rd party with fire and theft. Me also waiting for another quote! Haiz :surrender: mine also 50% NCD lei! AIG quoted me $9** ++ with 50% NCD and loyalty! No way man!

wow! u must be very "young" and "dangerous"!! haha.. $900++ and if without NCD, that must be $1800++???!!! And it's only for 3rd party! kaoz... Wonder why these guys are still in businesss, even though they are complaining abt losing $ every year. Cannot make $, just get out of business and shut up. All excuses to jack up the premium.

insur is sky high now !

i am paying $835 for 3rd pty / fire / theft w 50% off as well.

i cannot wait to receive the renewal for my Jipun car in sept ... it is going to be sky high too !!

OUCH!!

Guest alumetal

seems we are subsiding some ppl / workshop whom inflat the cost of repair.

in my opinion, the insurance are not looking at the roots of the problem..... just increasing premium is not the only way out !!

in my opinion, the insurance are not looking at the roots of the problem..... just increasing premium is not the only way out !!

like it or not ... they have a monopoly over your wallet

unless we are able to do away with this stupid regulation of Must Have insurance

ask yourself ... wat value does insurance add ?

you bang your car (pre COE) ... they scrap it and return you the paper value.

if that is the case ... i also know how to insure myself. Who need the insurer ?

Guest qes78

Dear Brudders.

i'm 31 and married

with 10% NCD and 3rd party,

I'm paying about 600 for my W124 insurance with AXA

My Miata, under my mother's name, 50% NCD, 3rd party with fire and theft, im paying about 700

Do drop me a PM/email if you need help with Insurance, my lobang is pretty good since the brokerage firm I use is quite big and gets pretty good discounts

Dear Brudders.

i'm 31 and married

with 10% NCD and 3rd party,

I'm paying about 600 for my W124 insurance with AXA

My Miata, under my mother's name, 50% NCD, 3rd party with fire and theft, im paying about 700

Do drop me a PM/email if you need help with Insurance, my lobang is pretty good since the brokerage firm I use is quite big and gets pretty good discounts

Bro, when did you last renew?

Guest starnite

like it or not ... they have a monopoly over your wallet

unless we are able to do away with this stupid regulation of Must Have insurance

ask yourself ... wat value does insurance add ?

you bang your car (pre COE) ... they scrap it and return you the paper value.

if that is the case ... i also know how to insure myself. Who need the insurer ?

EOKH,

I agree with you... let the market liberalise and make it a option for insurance. Don't understand why health care can be optional, but car insurance is a MUST! Now u go hospital change spare parts, anytime can cost u $30k. Single day ops will set u back by $5k. The car cost me $1400 per year, road tax is $1815, and insurance is $1488/yr!! (latest quote from AXA with no NCD).

Since our book value is only $3k (coe paid this month), any repair cost more than $3k, they will recommend to scrap the car ( correct me if I am wrong).. so what is the insurance for? and it is bloody $1488 per year!

U are right that they are not solving the root of the problem. The problem is not that premium is too low.. The REAL problem is workshop inflating the claims!!! then Go Fixed it! Set up your damm workshop yourself, so no one can inflate the claims, unless u do it yourself. Or just report the case to CPIB or CID, let them handle it. You just need to bring 1-2 fellows to court, and the rest will be guai guai follow the book.

Guest mr w124

qes78 ]

Dear Brudders.

i' wrote:

Bro, when did you last renew?

This month man brudder. The application being processed

Sounds like a good deal man. I renewed last yr for my 124 in june for abt 800 with 10%ncd 3rd party fire n theft. Thought my deal was good. But qes 78, your deal sounds better. can pm me the lobang? my dad just renewed the ins for his 92 sunny n his went up from 200 to 400 with n**c. best part is that he's got more than the 50% ncd n been driving for 30 over years with a clean record. I agree that these insurance guys r not getting to the root of the problem. wish case would do something abt it. but then, wat can they do?

Anyway qes 78, pls pm me your contact if possible. thanks.

AGH!!! NO WONDER MY INSURANCE WENT SKY HIGH!!!

just found out, some bastard claim against me, when we had already settled privately with black and white and with cash!!

and best part, claim super high!! $30K, when its only side to side, his only scratches, my bumper scratches!!

and the most sickening part is, the AMERICAN COMPANY HAD GIVEN THAT BASTARD THE $ WITHOUT TELLING ME THAT I WAS BEING CLAIM TO INVESTIGATE!!

I'm thinking of going to POLICE for a case of cheating!!

SHOULD I GO? guys???

Guest starnite

just found out, some bastard claim against me, when we had already settled privately with black and white and with cash!!

and best part, claim super high!! $30K, when its only side to side, his only scratches, my bumper scratches!!

and the most sickening part is, the AMERICAN COMPANY HAD GIVEN THAT BASTARD THE $ WITHOUT TELLING ME THAT I WAS BEING CLAIM TO INVESTIGATE!!

SHOULD I GO? guys???

I seriously think u should go. But u might want to show the Ang Mo what u have, and see what they say. Otherwise, just go straight to police, just cannot stand these low living creatures.

Guest mr w124

If this happened before the rule that u have to report an accident no matter wat then i think u should go to the police. cos your ins company should have notified u first. i also had an accident recently with a lexus. no damage to me but his wheel arch was dented. we settled on the spot but no black n white. reported a week later n still got a shelling for the late reporting. so far no claim. must wait n see.

SHOULD I GO? guys???

hi bro

sorry to hear you get rip off

Qn

1. how did you find out ? who did you call ?

2. i suggest you go police... esp if you hv b/w document signed by both parties to settle offline

Guest Raskie

i wonder why the ins coy do not keep us update on these ? I mean if someone made a claim on me and I did not report, how can they proceed to pay ? Is this not fraud then ?

Kel, I suggest you speak to the ins coy first with the black and white and take it from there ... if need be, call up that person to find out what happen and maybe letting him know that you will bring in the police if need to.

:banghead: