• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Finally got myself a benz

JSnoob

21 hours ago, JSnoob said:

Oic..haha..i guess i tend to be conscious about getting maximum mileage for my petrol..its the monitoring and constantly improving my score that drives me..keeps me 'busy' looking at aftermarket automotive products.

Another area of concern would be the 'noisy-ness' of my car..especially when i floor my pedal, i think my engine does give alot of grunt. Lol.

I'm looking into some sound proofing materials, so i can turn my car into my private quiet sanctuary ;) with great FC n ICE too! There's still much to be done to transform it, but a small step at a time.

Bro

The cheapest fix is earplugs. Insignificant weight also. HAHAHA.... just kidding. Improve ICE also add weight. Especially add additional speakers, woofer, etc. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JSnoob said:

Oic..haha..i guess i tend to be conscious about getting maximum mileage for my petrol..its the monitoring and constantly improving my score that drives me..keeps me 'busy' looking at aftermarket automotive products.

Another area of concern would be the 'noisy-ness' of my car..especially when i floor my pedal, i think my engine does give alot of grunt. Lol.

I'm looking into some sound proofing materials, so i can turn my car into my private quiet sanctuary ;) with great FC n ICE too! There's still much to be done to transform it, but a small step at a time.

Bro

The cheapest fix is earplugs. Insignificant weight also. HAHAHA.... just kidding. Improve ICE also add weight. Especially add additional speakers, woofer, etc. 

Okay, thanks bro Keltanky. I will try n find some time to bring my car for a check if the vibration persists..its really very occasional only...not all the time.

Today i topped up my tank again with another cyclone installed, this round its sitting right at the mouth of my air intake. Looking forward to seeing an improvement in FC.

Tomorrow morning will hv decarbonization done. I can't wait. ;)

IMG_20170316_103510.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, F&F said:

Bro

Bro, it's not a coincidence that i had already intended to upgrade my sound system but probably less hurried than other plans already put in place. Haha..its no mystery why our cars are our second wives...

An interim update. This evening i checked my odometer after finishing my driving for the day and it read 133km. Its better than my previous tankfuls, considering my last tankful was 430 km and at 1/2 tan level, i had managed to clock 180-200 km, or maybe just a bit more. This round, it looks like still pretty far from half tank level n mileage is already 133 km.

Looks like the cyclone in my earlier post is making a significant difference in my FC, a positive difference indeed.

IMG_20170317_195830.jpg

These past 2 days, there has been much city driving and less on the expressways. The proportion of highway driving to city commuting has been like 70/30. FC has been heavier too. I guess its a situation that cannot be avoided. Still, I'll see how the total mileage works out to be when my tank empties out. 

Update on my FC after installing all my current gadgets. This morning i reached empty marking at 445km but I'm not disappointed as I'm confident the numbers will grow as i start my second tankful soon.

Today i brought my car to hv some work done for the sound system. Got myself a brand new Pioneer single din cd player with Bluetooth connectivity and USB input. Also installed a subwoofer for that extra kick in bass. Plus, i replaced my rear speakers.

Outcome : Sound is much better now, more bodied and a pleasure to listen to, while driving to work. A little microphone placed near my rear view mirror, catches all my speech n sends to whichever contacts i speak to, loud n clear. Nice..no more sliding a screen when answering calls.

After clocking 445km on this tankful (which might not be totally accurate, i mean we don't exactly stare at our odometers when we drive), perhaps its more prudent to draw our conclusions after a few tankfuls, rather than just 1 tankful. 

As such, i had spent most of my afternoon yesterday, getting my i.c.e. upgraded so that driving our stars about, would be a greater joy than before.

Will update again when i start my next tankful.

Finally this morning, i can send in my car for decarbonization. Looking forward to improved performance and FC soon. A good decarbonization will almost certainly restore the condition of the engine and one can almost immediately experience the full power of the engine, like a new car.

Indeed, a good decarb job is like a detox program for our bodies. Having cleared much of our fatty deposits and bad cholesterol, we could almost certainly feel like young adults again.

Will update again soon, and i look forward to sharing exciting news to all.

Brought my car for the decarbonization as scheduled. Air intake was cleared using a foam cleansing agent, initial revs produced a lot of black smoke and revving became easy, needle needed very little persuasion to reach red limits. Driving back, the car felt lighter and more eager to gobble up the tarmac. 

Will monitor next tankful for FC. 

Its been 2 long days since my last post. My apologies to fellow MB owners who might hv been waiting for my updates. After my 'decarbonization', my ride has evidently felt quicker, more urgent, less lead-footed, etc.

After topping up my tank this round, i waited for my first quarter mileage and this morning when I drove into the carpark, i peeked at my odometer and it read 089...a good improvement from the usual 70+ km before the needle arrived at the 3/4 mark.

Perhaps the first 3/4 mark may not be convincing enough, and i feel so myself, therefore i need to sit tight till my needle reached my half tank mark instead. And this will come quite soon...don't go away yet.. ;)

2017-03-26-06-36-59.jpg

Just to recap, to date i hv installed the following gadgets (in chronological order):

1 pc Cyclone 3

Epower system consisting of scalar wrap, aero mesh, fuel ioniser and fuel vaporiser

1 application of X-1R Friction Reducer

1 more piece Cyclone

1 treatment decarbonization

Will be looking at replacing my muffler/silencer when i have the opportunity.

Will also be looking at upsizing my rims when the time comes.

Regarding the decarbonization, i think its not a full decarb compared to what some specilized workshops offer, at a premium, of course. After i saw what that guy did, i pretty much understood it and will probably carry out such treatments myself in the future. 

This morning when i reached my workplace, my odometer read about 130km and my fuel meter slightly above the needle shown here. I'm hoping i would not have to make short city trips these few days which really eats into my total FC. Then i can look forward to better consumption figures come mid tank and empty too. 

IMG_20170317_195830.jpg

Hi folks n fellow MB owners,

This morning when i reached my workplace, i took a peek at my fuel meter n odometer. Odo says 176km and fuel needle has still room to move before it arrives at the half tank mark. Looking back about a month ago, i clocked about 180km just before reaching half tank. This round I'm more confident and hopeful that i can reach at least 230-250 by the time my needle arrives at half tank mark.

Will update again when that happens. Cheers to all. :DIMG_20170328_061305.jpg

This morning i took a longer look at my fuel meter after reaching workplace. Odometer reading is now 228km. Needle is sitting at half tank marking.

I'm now looking forward to the quarter tank and reserve markings. With the current fc, i may perhaps achieve 500 km per full tank (hopefully with some loose change too!)

My nx 'upgrade' will have to be replacing my silencer/muffler. Based on my past experience in replacing silencers, i believe the difference just ONE good new silencer could make for FC, would easily surpass any of my individual current gadgets installed. On our tiny island, the cost of replacing is just as cumbersome as the need to get certification. But once i get it done, I'm pretty sure my FC figure will move past the 500km threshold. Then the rumor that old machines like ours are just oil guzzlers will no longer hold true. We can have bragging rights about our FC being 9-11 km per litre. No kidding about that too!

2017-03-29-06-56-43.jpg

On 17/02/2017 at 1:13 PM, JSnoob said:

Not sure if anyone has seen or used this before..its one of my favorites with older cars...

Screenshot_2017-02-17-13-10-34-933_com.thecarousell.Carousell.png

damn that looks like a cyclone!

22 hours ago, keltanky said:

hmmm your drives is mostly off-peak?

Sorry i missed your question earlier. Yes, mostly but at times i need to run about to get some things done, so as a result, short trips here and there. 

I had not reached empty tank yet. My current odometer reading is 335 km. Hopefully i will reach 400 km before my needle touches the 1/4 tank mark.

Still looking forward to replacing my silencer but it may be a couple of months before my goal turns to fruition. Hope all my sharing has been helpful n beneficial to fellow MB owners here, especially the older 200e series like mine. Cheers!

IMG_20170330_075237.jpg

Btw, does anybody know how's the process for changing color of the car? Has anyone here done it before? Do we require LTA approval or just simply filling out a form to notify them as a formality? Somehow i just love the color black. *grin*

Some examples of the black beauties I'm referring to :

Screenshot_2017-03-30-10-00-07-484_com.android.browser.png

Screenshot_2017-03-30-09-59-49-374_com.android.browser.png

Screenshot_2017-03-30-09-55-39-613_com.android.browser.png

1 hour ago, JSnoob said:

Btw, does anybody know how's the process for changing color of the car? Has anyone here done it before? Do we require LTA approval or just simply filling out a form to notify them as a formality? Somehow i just love the color black. *grin*

Some examples of the black beauties I'm referring to :

Screenshot_2017-03-30-10-00-07-484_com.android.browser.png

Screenshot_2017-03-30-09-59-49-374_com.android.browser.png

Screenshot_2017-03-30-09-55-39-613_com.android.browser.png

these are W201, 190e, different from W124 200e