• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

UK-spec GLC250 AMG vs. HKG-Spec GLC250 AMG

aling

Hello All,

This is a fence-sitter who is very motivated to change the existing ride to the GLC250 AMG or GLC250d AMG.

As I've visited a couple of PIs (sorry C&C wait time and pricing doesn't work for me), I see that they carry both the UK and HKG spec cars.

UK-spec for GLC250d, and HKG-spec for GLC250.

The GLC250d seemed to have higher level of features, ambient lighting, collision prevention assist, sports suspension, touchpad, existing wiring for GPS (so you do not have the antennae sitting at the corner of the dashboard), heated seats etc.

Question 1: Does the higher road tax justify the diesel ride (it's $1Kmore per year) compared to the petrol car)? Any feedback in terms of comfort, real power vs. the known fuel savings? Any other downsides of owning a diesel car (thinking resale etc)?

Question 2: I'm veering over to Vincar just because they are quite reputable. Any kind soul who have bought the above from them? Do you mind to share the experience? Good price with freebies?

Question 3: Still thinking......

Thank you all for your valuable advice!

What is UK spec versus HK spec? Each country has it's own base specifications and add-on options. Are you referring to just the base specifications for AMG UK versus HK without additional options?

Not sure if you have seen the UK specs document in detail. Attached for your reference.

glc-coupe.pdf

From what i know diesel engines have higher torque figures then their petrol counter parts so in essence the 0-100 time is faster. Your 1K road tax will be offset by the cheap price of diesel fuel :) 

As for the specs. Every country has basically the same number of options just that the base spec for the car might vary.

19 hours ago, billyteng said:

What is UK spec versus HK spec? Each country has it's own base specifications and add-on options. Are you referring to just the base specifications for AMG UK versus HK without additional options?

Not sure if you have seen the UK specs document in detail. Attached for your reference.

glc-coupe.pdf

Thank you billyteng. The attachment was helpful. Although the minister quoting diesel vehicles under scrutiny now.....moves me to the petrol version, means without the UK-spec options....

3 hours ago, ACEGabz said:

From what i know diesel engines have higher torque figures then their petrol counter parts so in essence the 0-100 time is faster. Your 1K road tax will be offset by the cheap price of diesel fuel :) 

As for the specs. Every country has basically the same number of options just that the base spec for the car might vary.

Thank you ACEGabz.  Although the minister quoting diesel vehicles under scrutiny now.....moves me to the petrol version, means without the UK-spec options....

17 minutes ago, aling said:

Thank you jtang. Care to PM me on your package, if you don't mind sharing? Did you get the diesel or petrol version?

Its a CLA45....so its not diesel. Different car has different margin, hence different pricing. Generally, for C & E class the savings can be about $20k from C&C. My CLA45 was $40k difference. You do the maths with some homework before signing on the dot.

Golden rule about buying from PI ( Vincar included). Buy existing stock car.....forget about indenting, it will save you a lot of headache & heartache. You buy what you see....make sure it has all the features that appeal to u. If u want pano roof or certain paint color & the dealer has none, walk away to another dealer that has what you require.

• Like 2

i went to vincar... comparing the the price and specs from them, their price was alot higher. in the end, i bought from a friend of mine( also PI ) who indented the car based on the specs i wanted as there was no available stocks(according to my specs) in UK and it was also alot cheaper. the specs i ordered was also higher specs than vincar ukspec diesel AMG cars , i will also be the 1st owner.... not registered as a used import.

if you indent, it will take sometime as now there are backlogs to the order in UK. comparing the HKspec, UK spec is slightly higher specs than HKspec cars and also UKspec cars are diesel, HKspec cars are petrol.

dun worry about the minister talk, they will have to consider any changes to diesel vehicles will have a huge impact on the ALL business in Sg, so they wont really change anything. i suspect they will impost nitrogen oxide taxes on diesel cars, but nowadays, the new mercs diesel engines produced very little of it, so its not much of an impact.

after you drive a diesel, you will not look at petrol anymore . based on feedback from my kaki, its about $65 for 800km on sports mode on a GLC250d AMG model.

cheers 

1 hour ago, Michaeltoh said:

i went to vincar... comparing the the price and specs from them, their price was alot higher. in the end, i bought from a friend of mine( also PI ) who indented the car based on the specs i wanted as there was no available stocks(according to my specs) in UK and it was also alot cheaper. the specs i ordered was also higher specs than vincar ukspec diesel AMG cars , i will also be the 1st owner.... not registered as a used import.

if you indent, it will take sometime as now there are backlogs to the order in UK. comparing the HKspec, UK spec is slightly higher specs than HKspec cars and also UKspec cars are diesel, HKspec cars are petrol.

dun worry about the minister talk, they will have to consider any changes to diesel vehicles will have a huge impact on the ALL business in Sg, so they wont really change anything. i suspect they will impost nitrogen oxide taxes on diesel cars, but nowadays, the new mercs diesel engines produced very little of it, so its not much of an impact.

after you drive a diesel, you will not look at petrol anymore . based on feedback from my kaki, its about $65 for 800km on sports mode on a GLC250d AMG model.

cheers 

thank you michaeltoh. I've PMed you.

mine was ready stock. they were quite firm on their price. only managed to knock some off. But main reason that i purchased from them was they were the only one having the spec n colour i wanted and it was ready stock. in addition, they had their own in house servicing facility and not out-sourced. 

• 4 months later...