• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 E220 1998

Guest mkl22

Went to see this car today.

I must say in excellent condition. only spotted 1-2 dents. Almost every thing is stock and only steering wheel and gear knob and center console had been changed or parts added.

Too bad my other half not too keen on older Merc, else i would have grabbed it already.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=37748&DL=1000

Guest millionmilebenz

Yes, that's correct! W124 production carried on in India until 2000, and due to some initial "hesitation" from the usual Mercedes customer base (i.e. towkays) on the W210, C&C decided to bring back the W124 in small numbers.

Because of the place of final assembly for these post-1995 W124, those in the know have not really jumped on the chance of buying them 2nd hand.

there is another white one in gumtree classifieds

the price is ridiculous ... but not as ridiculous as this car.

try searching a bit bcos the ad is quite old already

try emailing the owner... his response very slow so be patient

Guest kepiting1sg

Ya so scary....1994 when i buy the W202 ......$265K than 1996 W210 :death:

I was so happy when I bought the W203 at $146K and I compared it to the W202 @ $265K....wahahha!!! ;D

Damn scary!!!!!!

Guest RedDevils

....., trains n buses packed which means more chicks and cute guys to oogle at on the way to work :thumbsup:

Cute guys not interested.... only the chicks :yumyum:

I remember the 124 costing $210k back in the day. EG Honda Civic was $104k or so.

Ya so scary....1994 when i buy the W202 ......$265K than 1996 W210 :death:

No joke bro, you mean to say this W202 (1994 C-180) used to cost $265k? Never have imagined I am driving a quarter million dollar around day in day out! :clap:

Guest kepiting1sg

No joke bro, you mean to say this W202 (1994 C-180) used to cost $265k? Never have imagined I am driving a quarter million dollar around day in day out! :clap:

No joke Bro!

I bought a new Jap car in Feb 1990.

I was very "f$#kin lucky" to be in the 1st time Government COE scheme and pay a flat $3000 - No bidding at that time.

Then COE start to skyrocket to $100K+.

That also mean used cars value also gone up.

When I bought the Jap car brand new in 1990 it was $65,000 inclusive of the $3K flat COE.

When I sold it 5 years later in 1995, I got back $59,000 - No way to get such depreciation nowadays.

Those days the COEs can nearly buy a brand new C Class W204 today i.e $100K+ COEs. :death: