• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to remove the W204 rubber padding on the throttle?

Guest heavenknows

Guest heavenknows

Hi Everyone. I bought a set of W204 AMG Sports paddles from eBay and now trying to install them DIY.

In order to install, got to remove the original rubber paddings, drill some holes and then use the bolts to bolt them on. I managed to do it for the parking brake, brake paddle, but found it rather difficult to remove the rubber padding of the throttle..

Wondering if any Bros here know how the padding can be removed?? :-[

Thanks for any advise...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heavenknows

You would need to dismantle the whole throttle body to enable to do it.(The whole box)

It should comes in 4's pcs for W204, throttle,brake,footrest and handbrake.

Thanks, 9339

Yup. The whole set comes in 4pcs like you mentioned. I managed to install the footrest, brake, and handbrake. For the brake and handbrake, the rubber just slide and it came off easily. The throttle one cannot come off ... So have to remove the throttle assembly then can take out the rubber padding? So leychay, ah?

Would it affect the electronics since it is an electronic throttle?

Guest heavenknows

Hi Heavenknows

How much had you paid for the paddales include the shipping cost?

Bought from eBay for US$50 and shipping US$20. If I remember, insurance was US$1. So total I paid US$71. This was the cheapest I could find on eBay thus far. ^-^ Thought the price is reasonable.

AMG_W204_PEDALS.jpg?t=1220600864

The seller is "pagani-zonda-f. Try doing a search on eBay.

Got a slight problem. The screws for the throttle are too short. So I am asking the seller for longer screws. Let's see what happens. Otherwise, will just have to look for an use my own screws. Not a big issue lah as screws are not expensive.

• 5 months later...
Guest xtrem

You would need to dismantle the whole throttle body to enable to do it.(The whole box)

It should comes in 4's pcs for W204, throttle,brake,footrest and handbrake.

Thanks, 9339

Yup. The whole set comes in 4pcs like you mentioned. I managed to install the footrest, brake, and handbrake. For the brake and handbrake, the rubber just slide and it came off easily. The throttle one cannot come off ... So have to remove the throttle assembly then can take out the rubber padding? So leychay, ah?

Would it affect the electronics since it is an electronic throttle?

Hi Heavenknows,

i have the same problem as you. Guess by now you should have remove the throttle and took out the rubber padding,

may you advise me how is the correct way to take it out, thanks.

Guest heavenknows

Hi Heavenknows,

i have the same problem as you. Guess by now you should have remove the throttle and took out the rubber padding,

may you advise me how is the correct way to take it out, thanks.

Hi, xtrem. In the end, I didn't remove the rubber. Just use self tapping screw to hold down the paddle. Takes a bit of effort as it is not easy to pierce through the rubber.

I understand that the throttle can be remove without any problems. After removing, just slip off the rubber from the bottom.

Cheers!

Guest xtrem

Hi Heavenknows,

Thanks for your reply. Will try unscrew the trottle box and slip in the rubber studs. From the pics u purchase the items, my is totally differ from yours. My do not have need screw to tighten it, just bend the rubber slip it nia. May be will post a pic once i successful install it.

Have a great day ahead.

Guest Cerano

Wow sai, Cerano, sah bah very xpensive leh. Must thanks my fren given it to me.

Still got no time to install it yet. :batman:

haha i got the real deal from MBM mah. 320 plus install ah