• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

350 compared to 335

Guest Wildblue

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wuyiche

hmmm ... for some reason I can't open g8crasher's attachment [something wrong with connection from where I am...]

I would think the 335 would be more of a driver's car. with twin turbos, its certainly got more grunt (higher peak torque at a lower RPM, + a very flat torque curve).... although i would imagine that having turbos.. is just another thing that can go wrong.

335 would also have a little more bragging rights... people would tend to go wow..more over a 335 than a C350..

But then again, if you are amongst conoisseurs... a C350 says A LOT about you.. :devil2:

.... having said that both should be phenomenal on the NSHW and wouldn't do too badly on B roads at all... [driven with a C350 once....man! that thing (and the driver) can really hustle...!]

Guest Jedi88knight

335 has got more punch and makes for an enthusiastic driver...but the interior is completely dated

the 350 on the other hand is more of a completely car, with the power and the finesse and all the latest

gizmos to go with it

350 my choice :swduel:

Just saw a C350 in the estate today and I must say it looks killer with the AMG kit and C63 hood.

Yes I agree with wuyiche. Twin turbos have the potential to go awfully wrong when paired with heat soak and local weather. A mate of mine had an E46 M3 with an Active Autowerke supercharger kit installed and boy did the car go bonkers after a year.... so wrong that it had to be sold.

If I were to base my decision on the following :

Purely on external looks - the 335Ci has the nicer ass of the 2.

Grunt wise - stock and mod potential, the 335Ci trumps the C350.

Track usage wise - 335Ci (aftermarket tuning is more readily available for this car).

Chick magnet - 335Ci.

Class & elegance - C350.

alpina.jpg

Guest RedDevils

Just saw a C350 in the estate today and I must say it looks killer with the AMG kit and C63 hood.

Yes I agree with wuyiche. Twin turbos have the potential to go awfully wrong when paired with heat soak and local weather. A mate of mine had an E46 M3 with an Active Autowerke supercharger kit installed and boy did the car go bonkers after a year.... so wrong that it had to be sold.

If I were to base my decision on the following :

Purely on external looks - the 335Ci has the nicer ass of the 2.

Grunt wise - stock and mod potential, the 335Ci trumps the C350.

Track usage wise - 335Ci (aftermarket tuning is more readily available for this car).

Chick magnet - 335Ci.

Class & elegance - C350.

Kekeke... out of your 5 criteria, only 1 goes to C350 :D

Hmm,I don't quite agree with the track thingy..A Couple of my buds took their 335s to the track but man..overheated very quickly..its still an issue to be resolved..handling wise yes..but still..i would prefer a merc..more of a sleeper look... :ninja:

Guest wuyiche

Hmm,I don't quite agree with the track thingy..A Couple of my buds took their 335s to the track but man..overheated very quickly..its still an issue to be resolved..handling wise yes..but still..i would prefer a merc..more of a sleeper look... :ninja:

am curious though... were their 335s mod'ed or stock?

Bro if you ask me to compare 335 vs C63 hahahahahaha you know where my vote will go.....

335 and c63 in different league. what about m3 and c63, which you will go for :devil:

i will definitely take the 335 over 350 as i've heard the exhuast note from 335 and fell in love with it.

as for m3 and c63... aiya... i'm a sucker for convertibles... so what do u think.............

what about m3 and c63, which you will go for

C63. There's no replacement for displacement!

M3 does feel a little chunky - not sure how the C63 is like - and both do fantastic linear acceleration but round the bends maybe the C63 feels better ? This is based on a hunch.

Guest tategoi

Interestingly there is a similar thread on BMW.SG. No prize for guessing where the votes swing to. In fact, if one buys a car based on reviews, everyone will go for 335.

I chose 350 simply because it is not a BMW. And there is only 1 thing I miss that is not available in a Mercedes, BMW Active Steering.

Interestingly there is a similar thread on BMW.SG. No prize for guessing where the votes swing to. In fact, if one buys a car based on reviews, everyone will go for 335.

I chose 350 simply because it is not a BMW. And there is only 1 thing I miss that is not available in a Mercedes, BMW Active Steering.

is the active steering the "during slow speed turn 1/2 ur steering wheel it turns the actual wheel all the way full lock" feature?

i think that feature is available in the s class, maybe the E class has it also, recalled funng talking about some feature like this...

Guest tategoi

Active steering is an automotive technology utilised by BMW which varies the degree that the wheels turn in response to the steering wheel. At lower speeds, this technology reduces the amount that the steering wheel must be turned -- improving performance in situations such as parking and other urban area traffic maneuvers. At higher speeds, the performance is such that steering becomes more responsive and provides improved directional stability.

I don't think its available in Mercedes.

Active steering is an automotive technology utilised by BMW which varies the degree that the wheels turn in response to the steering wheel. At lower speeds, this technology reduces the amount that the steering wheel must be turned -- improving performance in situations such as parking and other urban area traffic maneuvers. At higher speeds, the performance is such that steering becomes more responsive and provides improved directional stability.

I don't think its available in Mercedes.

Merc is parametric steering. In my opinion it is a great for weaving traffic. Take the E class out for a drive in heavy traffic & u will understand.

BMW's active steering is taken out for all the hardcore (i think, well at least mine is). One of the 'famous' feature is the active steering can actually do countersteer for u while negotiating a corner. Not exactly wat hardcore drivers wants going rd a bend.

Not for me definitely cuz i like mine to skid a little when entering into a corner at high spd...

I'll take a 335 any day, faster, better handling, more involving driving, what's there not to like? As an added bonus, it comes in a hardtop convertible model!

I agree with Jenvid, Active Steering is not something any driving enthusiast would want.

Guest tategoi

Yes, Active Steering is not available in M car, thus it is fair to say it is not for hardcore. Maybe I am not a hardcore driver, that's why I drive a Mercedes now. If handling and driveability is what I am looking for in a car, I'd have chosen a 335. Actually I fully agree with the reviewer on his 335 vs 350 in the latest Torque magazine.

If you have driven a BMW equipped with Active Steering, you will realise how easy it is when negotiating in small areas like a carpark. I was sold the moment I drove a BMW out of the carpark when I went for a test drive 5 years ago. At high speed, you won't feel the Active Steering working.

I read that many say Active Steering is not for driving enthusiasts, but almost everyone I know who has Active Steering swears by it.