• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Germany Factory Tour and/or Museum?

DenK

Dear fellow Merz owners,I need some quick advice here.

I will be going Germany on business trip to Munich. I could squeeze a free day or two to go visit the Mercedes factory and/or Museum. As I am travelling to Germany for the first time, any advice as to how to get there or which option is better.

Any kind soul can give some advice? Appreciate it.

Dear fellow Merz owners,I need some quick advice here.

I will be going Germany on business trip to Munich. I could squeeze a free day or two to go visit the Mercedes factory and/or Museum. As I am travelling to Germany for the first time, any advice as to how to get there or which option is better.

Any kind soul can give some advice? Appreciate it.

Bro, merc museum is at Stuttgart. About 2-3 hours drive from Munich. BMW museum is in Munich.

Bro, merc museum is at Stuttgart. About 2-3 hours drive from Munich. BMW museum is in Munich.

Thank Bro. I am more into Merc, hance will target Stuttgart. 

I would strongly recommend that you speak to my good friend.

His name is Google (and it is instant gratification).  

Have a good trip. :thumbsu:

Yes, Bro. I did ask your good friend google. Even check Trip Advisor. 

Due to limited time, I could only make a trip either to the factory or the Museum. Wanted to know which one is a better option to go. Trip Advisor has it both great place to go to. Wish I have the time to do both. 

Cheers.

Thank Bro. I am more into Merc, hance will target Stuttgart. 

Yes, Bro. I did ask your good friend google. Even check Trip Advisor. 

Due to limited time, I could only make a trip either to the factory or the Museum. Wanted to know which one is a better option to go. Trip Advisor has it both great place to go to. Wish I have the time to do both. 

Cheers.

Depends on what you want to see bro.

Museum is showcase car for old to new

Factory is see production of new car

Museum can walk in.

Factory need to prebook in advance via email

Hope it helps

Forget BMW Welt, Mercedes Museum is much better. This Tristar brand history is unique and there is dark era during WW2, after this museum visit your will appreciate your merc much more. Stuttgart is 280 km from Munich, I believe day trip to museum from Munich is possible since there is ICE connection. Just take cab from Stuttgart HBF to the museum.

Tip to buy DB ticket book 2 weeks in advance and usually it get 50% discount for 1st class, but note this not flexible ticket and need to travel on the train mentioned on the ticket if not conductor will impose additional fee during check.

• Like 1

It's history, interesting yo know also how Mercedes brand derived. Also the MB first car driver is a lady, Karl Benz built for his wife. Never been to any car museum in Japan, I am not sure if they have museum, may be I just don't know.

The mb museum gift shop full with AMG/MB tag shirt, cap etc in a fraction price on SG MB boutique. also Metzingen is near Stuttgart for shopping Hugo boss at good price.

• Like 1