• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 Lowered

Guest nismo502

Guest nismo502

Just sharing. This is my W203 lowered with Kleeman Springs. They are actually quite comfortable and not too harsh. Car corners flatter now and looks less like a bus :)

Before lowering

DSC00019.jpg

After Lowering

DSC00021.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nismo502

Very Nice!!! :)

What's the cost of the springs plus install charges? Where you got it done?

Thanks! :iconsalut:

I got the springs from a good brother here and had it installed in MBM. But if i am not wrong, you can get eibach springs for almost $600 installed from benzline. But dont quote me on it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm.... i used to have the kleeman spring on my w203 and also finds the front not low enough.

yes, I think the front is not low enough either. I wonder why too.

Engine not havy enough....you might want to consider adding more load to the engine :devil:

Guest nismo502

hmmmm.... i used to have the kleeman spring on my w203 and also finds the front not low enough.

yes, I think the front is not low enough either. I wonder why too.

Engine not havy enough....you might want to consider adding more load to the engine :devil:

Its either i put on more weight(in which i already have too much) or find a c36 halfcut ;)

Having said that, you heard of anyone who have done it locally?

Guest nismo502

I think a V's engine will add on more weight.....still not enough than add a V's super charger :devil:

Actually, I always wanted a V engined C class but I couldnt find one while shopping for my car. Maybe I should find a halfcut. Having said that, there is a SL55 body in the market now. My friend wanted to swap it into his SL350 but my mechanic wouldnt even touch the project with a pole :( He said he wouldnt dare to touch modern merc engine swap even though it is a halfcut. There are too much electronics and he is not ready to spend the next 3000 years sorting it out.

Thats why I asked if you have heard of anyone who has done that.

Guest nismo502

Sorry if i ask, 'halfcut' meaning the front half or rear half ?

If front, it should have come together with the dash which include most part beside gear box right ?

Halfcut meaning front. And it would include the gearbox. The last I found in KL was RM$28k. Imagine that, for less than $15k sgd, you get a c36 wannabe. niceeee

The problem is no one wants to start the project and they feared engine check light. Everything in a modern merc is connected to the ecu, down to the bloody taillight bulbs :P

Guest nismo502

Mercedes cars have a spring pad system. This pad is available in different thicknesses. Getting a thinner pad will make your car lower.

Thanks. That is most helpful information.