• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car Battery - How long will it last without starting the car?

Guest Sareve

How long can I leave a car alone without starting it before the car battery dies?

And are there any steps I can take to make sure that the battery doesn't die like unplugging it or something?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I have to leave my car here in australia for a month without touching it, scared later come back car cannot start!

Funny la you, Disconnect the 2 cable attach to the battery will do, but remember to seperate the + / - .

Guest RedDevils

Haha I have to leave my car here in australia for a month without touching it, scared later come back car cannot start!

Went for holidays for 2 weeks and the batt is still fine. Not sure about a month though. Also, it must depend on the condition of the batt.

Cheers!

Funny la you, Disconnect the 2 cable attach to the battery will do, but remember to seperate the + / - .

Unplug the negative will do and it is safer as the entire metal body is negative ground.

Dude it's v important where you're gonna park it too. I'm not out to scare you but carjacking is very common in Syd/Melb...

I suggest you consider ensuring the following before leaving for home :

1. The car is not easily towed out of your garage (that's why you need a quick release steering wheel :2guns:)

2. Make sure your car alarm doesn't funk out on you while you're away

3. Good neighbours help keep a lookout (if you have any)

4. Call me kiasu but I used to park head in close to the pillar and fully lock my steering wheel to the right/left

Thanks for all the replies! :thumbsup:

Is there any negative effect to unplugging the battery other than having the clock screw up?

I've seen some guys put some sort of damn complicated lock on the steering wheel, ensuring that even if someone steals the car, they won't be able to drive it anyway. Btw, I don't think I actually have a car alarm O_O Even the bmws here don't come with it, it's a $400 option -_-"

Thanks for all the replies! :thumbsup:

Is there any negative effect to unplugging the battery other than having the clock screw up?

I've seen some guys put some sort of damn complicated lock on the steering wheel, ensuring that even if someone steals the car, they won't be able to drive it anyway. Btw, I don't think I actually have a car alarm O_O Even the bmws here don't come with it, it's a $400 option -_-"

haiz... why not follow Mr Bean way... Removed the 4 wheels, rest the darn car on bricks, & unscrew the steering wheel. Remove the fuel pump fuse.

Next best thing is to pass the darn car to your neighbour & drive.. unless it an AMG or Ferrari or Porsche or etc.. ahaha

easily solved. sell the car off... 1 month later, buy it back at a lower price, say 50% less. or better still, buy another car.... hehehehehehe...

where r u again? which part of down-under?