• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Opinion wanted - W205 C180 for sale

PearlJam

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=526814&DL=2037

OK, so I guess that asking price of $173'000 might be on the high side cos Fulco is asking $178'800 for this Dec 2015 C180 but Avant Garde trim.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=526814&DL=2037

i kinda find it irritating that C180 doesnt have memory seats cos i share the car with the wife... if you drive yourself should be ok

C200 has 25hp more, real leather seats, adaptive dual-LED headlamps (closer in terms of looks to S class)............ and that's pretty much it

resale wise, C180 should fetch better proportionately (hence I went for C180)

• 5 months later...

i kinda find it irritating that C180 doesnt have memory seats cos i share the car with the wife... if you drive yourself should be ok

C200 has 25hp more, real leather seats, adaptive dual-LED headlamps (closer in terms of looks to S class)............ and that's pretty much it

resale wise, C180 should fetch better proportionately (hence I went for C180)

Hi bro, what do u mean by your last sentence?

The resale value of the c200 is not there? Sorry, it's a old post. But just reading up and trying to learn more! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Engine capacity           kw       hp       Torque            0-100 km/h

C180            1'595 cc                   115      156         250                7.3 sec

C200            1'991 cc                   135      184         300                8.5 sec

The local C200 has Intelligent lights, 2 front memory seats, real leather and a 2 litre engine.

The price difference between the C180 and the C200 is large (C&C's marketing strategy to grab sales) and that made me agonised for a long long time.

However I had the opportunity to drive both at length and must say the C180 performed admirably despite the puny 1.6 litre engine.

But the C200, with 20 kW or 28 bhp more, it is not a great leap but I dare say that there is a noticeably big difference in performance once you rev beyond 2'500 rpm.  The 2 litre engine pulled like a diesel.  
As a snob, I refused to accept a 1.6 litre engine in a Mercedes.  :)

So finally I went for a C200 and enjoying it.

Anyway different people have different selection criteria, no right or wrong.  Just sharing my 'journey' in choosing the C200.  

• Like 1

Engine capacity           kw       hp       Torque            0-100 km/h

C180            1'595 cc                   115      156         250                7.3 sec

C200            1'991 cc                   135      184         300                8.5 sec

Something seems wrong with your 0-100 timing.

Mark, I was referring to the C180 Sonderausgabe version (special edition) with a twin turbo and straight-through exhaust set-up.

No, I am joking.  Obviously I got the figures "terbalek".  Must be the lack of coffee today.

But Mark, I must say that you have a keen eye ! :thumbsu:

• Like 1