• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CO2 Emission

Freeze

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the discount is already offset against the vehicle’s Additional Registration Fee (ARF)??

http://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=8aa03b88-409f-4852-b2df-09077e101468

dun think will have penalty with rim change as doubt will affect the overall CO2 Emission much.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

If A180, you will have to worsen CO2 from 131 all the way to 135 to be put into different CEVS band

I don't think any rim will do that. 

BUT -  the main problem is that the A class already has quite a harsh ride on 17 inch rims. Do you really want to worsen that? 

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

If A180, you will have to worsen CO2 from 131 all the way to 135 to be put into different CEVS band

I don't think any rim will do that. 

BUT -  the main problem is that the A class already has quite a harsh ride on 17 inch rims. Do you really want to worsen that? 

Hi, may I know what you meant by harsh?

Thanks

Hi, may I know what you meant by harsh?

Thanks

Bounces over humps and bumps. You'd notice during the test drive. 

Quite obviously, some sacrifices have to be made to achieve the handling of the car. If you want a comfortable soft ride, then you get more body roll and poorer handling. And vice versa. The standard suspension is 'sporty' to begin with. Hardly any body roll, rather precise, yet bumpy ride. Add that to the stiff sidewalls of the run flat tyres.

18 inch rims really won't give you any advantage except for exterior appearances.

Supreme soft comfort = overall handling BAD (its a fail by motorhead standards)

Supreme handling = overall comfort BAD (by majority's standard especially those who are not motorheads)

It is as simple as that.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

I find the car has even better road holding after changing to 18" rims with Michelin PS3 tires, no doubt with slightly more bounce over bumpy roads.

For those who have driven down the right most lane of YCK Road from Greenwich Village to the entrance of Gerald Drive would get to enjoy the bounciness of the car :P

My wife also 'complained' as I didn't tell her I changed to non-RFT :D

Thank all for the information. Will consider other brand of rims as AMG rims will cost $6k...

Which set of AMG rims are you looking at?

You can try your luck at one of the site sponsors selling rims+tires, you might be able to find some almost brand new AMG rims traded in by owners going for lighter forged rims or bigger diameter rims.

I was lucky enough to get the AMG rims I wanted from Top93, but I think I could've gotten a better trade-in price for my stock rims & RFT if I had found the rims during the 1st few days of receiving my car, instead of after a couple of weeks.

But then I might not have the chance to spot the AMG rims I wanted if I went earlier.

Life is all about fate sometimes

Which set of AMG rims are you looking at?

You can try your luck at one of the site sponsors selling rims+tires, you might be able to find some almost brand new AMG rims traded in by owners going for lighter forged rims or bigger diameter rims.

I was lucky enough to get the AMG rims I wanted from Top93, but I think I could've gotten a better trade-in price for my stock rims & RFT if I had found the rims during the 1st few days of receiving my car, instead of after a couple of weeks.

But then I might not have the chance to spot the AMG rims I wanted if I went earlier.

Life is all about fate sometimes

will go and take a look first.... my ride not here till dec/jan... :)