• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

baby car seats

Guest dewey

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that means i cannot buy the baby car seat with ISOFIX base....

i wanted to buy the Maxi Cosi CabrioFix with EasyFix (Isofix) base...

now i must look for other options...

THANKS anyway for the info~!

• 5 weeks later...

I think Maxi Cosi is for babies aged 0-1, after that you need to buy another 1 for 1-4 and the iso-fix based cannot be used. when shopping for car seats I also wanted that as it can be attached to quiny strollers. But a lot of my friends advised me to get a car seat for ages ranging from 0-4. I ended up with a Britax Boulavard with cowmoflage prints. It can be fitted both using the iso-fix or seat belt. We found the fabric from Britax much softer than Maxi Cosi...

I think Maxi Cosi is for babies aged 0-1, after that you need to buy another 1 for 1-4 and the iso-fix based cannot be used. when shopping for car seats I also wanted that as it can be attached to quiny strollers. But a lot of my friends advised me to get a car seat for ages ranging from 0-4. I ended up with a Britax Boulavard with cowmoflage prints. It can be fitted both using the iso-fix or seat belt. We found the fabric from Britax much softer than Maxi Cosi...

can u share where did u buy??

how much?

I bought mine from "First Few Years" located on the the 5th Floor of Paragon. Alternatively, there is also 1 shop at Great World city selling.

http://www.britaxusa.com/products/Default.aspx

I think mine is $600+ before discount.

THANKS~!

did my homework & now have decided on the MAXI COSI DORI.

only $238, can use from 0 - 4yrs

Do try to look at the italian brand peg peraggo or smthg like that. Their designs are quite good.

Try Baby Hypermart at Kaki Bukit for all ur baby needs....2 shops side by side...

I bought mine from "First Few Years" located on the the 5th Floor of Paragon. Alternatively, there is also 1 shop at Great World city selling.

http://www.britaxusa.com/products/Default.aspx

I think mine is $600+ before discount.

THANKS~!

did my homework & now have decided on the MAXI COSI DORI.

only $238, can use from 0 - 4yrs

Do try to look at the italian brand peg peraggo or smthg like that. Their designs are quite good.

Try Baby Hypermart at Kaki Bukit for all ur baby needs....2 shops side by side...

thanks for the suggestions bro...

i've seen almost every brand available in SG & to my personal preference,

i think Maxi Cosi looks the best both for car seats & strollers (i'm buying the Mura 3).

Peg Perego strollers are good & price ranges about 50-60% of Maxi Cosi.

but i'm just another vain pot..

this is the Maxi Cosi that i choose.

Mura3.jpg

this is the Peg Perego

P3.jpg

Very Nice.... same as me, Looks are as important as function... hahahaha...

Try not to let the new born sit too often in the car seat as I heard it is not good for the spine as the car seat is curve....

I bought Skate from Peg-Perego..

Very Nice.... same as me, Looks are as important as function... hahahaha...

Try not to let the new born sit too often in the car seat as I heard it is not good for the spine as the car seat is curve....

I bought Skate from Peg-Perego..

Skate was also in my consideration in the early stage but wife complains of the heavy weight.

Its a couple of kilos more...

everytime i boost about e-class having a larger boot space then many other cars (even S-class)..

today i almost cry looking at my car boot.

went kaki bukit with wife & mother-in-law, after spending a couple of hours there,

we happily made payment for the baby stroller, car seat & baby cot.

(decided we will cash & carry for the stroller & car seat, & let them deliver the cot)

was so freaking shock that the stroller couldn't fit into my boot~!!!

nearly walk back & exchange for another model... (but very malu lah)...

ended up SQUEEZING it in after REMOVING two wheels~!

luckily when i got home, i try different directions for entry & manage to fit in nicely

but i have to remove the seat from stroller~! (thats the best & only way)

i guess my next car must definitely be a LARGE SUV...

wow willy you seems to be able to read dewey's mind! :thumbsup:

His next project car will the R-klass. He and his wife was eyeing NCS's ride at prev gtg! :surrender:

ya noe what they say...........

"great minds think alike..." hahahaha...

May I know which stroller did u buy? I tot the Skate is already quite big and it will occupy the whole of my car's boot (GTI) when I put it in... I was still thinking of using the Merc when baby, me and wife go out.... i haven try putting the stroller into the back of the E class yet... Neither have i try putting the car seat....

By the way, can i install iso-fix system in the E-class?

May I know which stroller did u buy? I tot the Skate is already quite big and it will occupy the whole of my car's boot (GTI) when I put it in... I was still thinking of using the Merc when baby, me and wife go out.... i haven try putting the stroller into the back of the E class yet... Neither have i try putting the car seat....

By the way, can i install iso-fix system in the E-class?

i bought the stroller in the pics i posted.

its MAXI COSI Mura 3

it may not look bigger then the skate but when folded, its taller.

my problem with the boot is the height clearance..

for E-class.. there is no isofix..

they say executive/towkay cars like these are more for work/business, thats y don't have..

some kinda stupid reasons...

i was at Audi a few days ago looking at the A6 & Q7,

the A6 also DON'T have isofix...

& they don't bring in the Q7 V12.... SAD........

wow willy you seems to be able to read dewey's mind! :thumbsup:

His next project car will the R-klass. He and his wife was eyeing NCS's ride at prev gtg! :surrender:

just went MS showroom a couple of days back,

wife don't like R.. she likes the ML..

wondering how's the GLK.....

Seems like they have lots of excuses for the E class not having Iso fix system....

The excuse 1 sales person gave me was the safety belt is safer than the ISO-fix system!!....

Luckily my car seat can be attached either by ISO-fix or the safety belt....

somehow I like ISO-fix as it is pretty easy to attached and unattached the seat...