• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Road Manners

g8crasher

Dear SGMERC Members,

I observed a yellow Evo X SBV***** travelling on the AYE in the direction of the CTE this morning at around 1040am tailgated by an ambulance. Every other car before the Evo automatically moved to the left lane to give way except for the Evo. Said driver probably thought his car was quicker than the ambulance anyway so he was doing a favour for the patient in the ambulance.

As they approached the Merchant Road turnoff, the Evo travelling on Lane 4 (to his credit signalled to change lanes but very very late) scrambled to exit, finally allowing the ambulance to push forward, much to the chagrin of some surrounding motorists.

As we enter a brand new year, we'd like to take the opportunity to remind SGMERC members to constantly remind ourselves to exhibit gracious behaviour in all situations.

'I will not see it, maybe you will live long enough to see it; I wish you well,' - MM Lee commenting on attaining a gracious society, January 9th 2008, ISEAS 40th Anniversary.

"Change is coming" - Barack Obama

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tan131

I know of such a case where someone really did die when the ambulance was rushing down to TTSH in the morning on CTE on the shoulder lane. All it took was some idiots to be using the lane to bypass traffic and caused the ambulance precious minutes. Every minute the ambulance saves means an increase in percentage for lesser damage to the patient. So let's hope that 2009 would be a better year.

PS: A Comfort Delgro taxi nearly collided into me in the early hours of 2009 at Suntec City roundabout. Fellow was driving and changing gears with his left hand and holding to a mobile phone with his right. He was changing lanes without looking and vehicle was swaying. My passenger got so pissed and took a picture of him holding his phone! Anyone suggest what I should do?

Guest Otsego

I know of such a case where someone really did die when the ambulance was rushing down to TTSH in the morning on CTE on the shoulder lane. All it took was some idiots to be using the lane to bypass traffic and caused the ambulance precious minutes. Every minute the ambulance saves means an increase in percentage for lesser damage to the patient. So let's hope that 2009 would be a better year.

PS: A Comfort Delgro taxi nearly collided into me in the early hours of 2009 at Suntec City roundabout. Fellow was driving and changing gears with his left hand and holding to a mobile phone with his right. He was changing lanes without looking and vehicle was swaying. My passenger got so pissed and took a picture of him holding his phone! Anyone suggest what I should do?

send TP and Comfort company

Guest kopimonster

fully agree wif bro g8crasher :thumbsup:

as a rule of thumb, dun road hog on lane 1. even if you are traveling at 120kph, if someone is closing up on you, juz give way. it can be an emergency or wat, you'll nv noe.

• 2 weeks later...

Noitalogesto ]

I know of such a case where someone really did die when the ambulance was rushing down to TTSH in the morning on CTE on the shoulder lane. All it took was some idiots to be using the lane to bypass traffic and caused the ambulance precious minutes. Every minute the ambulance saves means an increase in percentage for lesser damage to the patient. So let' wrote:

send TP and Comfort company

Sent as suggested. TP investigating and comfort replied. Apparently, this guy has had loads of such incidents and his complain files were thick enough for his contract to be terminated immediately.

Had to call and use the ambulance service for my mother (she's alright now...).

Thankfully, that yellow EVO X was not on the expressway. Most cars gave way 'automatically', while the rest had to be 'prompted' by the ambulance.

On a scale of 1 - 10 for giving way to ambulance, we are probably a 7.

JGoh ]

Had to call and use the ambulance service for my mother (she' wrote:

that[/i] yellow EVO X was not on the expressway. Most cars gave way 'automatically', while the rest had to be 'prompted' by the ambulance.

On a scale of 1 - 10 for giving way to ambulance, we are probably a 7.

thank god your mum's ok.

7 is way too high bro. by right, all cars should immediately move to the left & let the ambulance pass. not accelerate faster & still be infront of the ambulance.