• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My Reccee Drive from ChiangMai to boarder of Golden Triangle.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

What an experience! My first reccee drive in Thailand(last year). Rented a car, was surprise it was a brand new Vios...but under-powered ;D. Sorry, as i was busy doing the driving, i can't recall all the places that we stop. But lucky i took some pictures along the way. I'll try ask my dear wife to get more info. I hope someday, sgmerc will take up this challenge & drive up there? :P Meantime pix coming (akan datang)! :iconsalut:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, sorry to :offtopic: abit ah..

Can recommend any good hotels in Chian mai?

Goin there on the 15th of next month...

Also, errr,,,, erm,,,,, those poppy plants ah,,,,, erm,,,,,, err,,,,, can pluck or not ah?

I mean, strictly just to see how they look inside those pods...

err,,,,, coz never see before,,,, erm,,,, coz i curious,,,,

erm,,,, very curious....

seriously....

i'm a very curious boy....

seriously....

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Narmi, if you want something special, i strongly recommend this to you...Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi hotel Chiang Mai :thumbsup:

The Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai is one of the most comfortable and luxurious accommodations one can find in Chiang Mai. The Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai is what one can call a hide-away, tucked inside a 60 acre tranquil and secluded natural landscape. Named after the "Star Goddess", according to a Sanskrit term, the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai is the exemplary of romanticism, charm and unreal picturesque quality.

The 123 colonial suites at the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai offer the esteemed guests with northern Thai-style décor and antique furnishings in the 144 guestrooms, and 77 suites. Located just about 11 kms from the airport, making it quite easily accessible, yet considerably removed from civilization, the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai is the ideal place for someone looking to run away, far from the maddening crowd, and into the arms of nature.

With a number of facilities that are bound to make the stay of a guest pleasurable and extremely satisfactory, the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai aims at giving the best to its visitors. The major amenities that one can avail of in the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai include the 3,100 square meter Dheva Spa, a fitness and recreation centre, a variety of elegant restaurants, the Oriental Culinary Academy, the Lanna Kids Club and Kad Dhara, a traditional Thai shopping village. All these and more combine to give the guests an out-of-the world experience while staying at the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel, Chiang Mai.

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/chiangmai/

Some pix i took, sorry not too good pix! :iconsalut:

DSC03523.jpg

The garden is a paddy field!!! ;D Nice!

DSC03600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi fruitcake,

those are fantastic pictures! they really capture the all the essence and culture of northern thailand. it must hv been an enriching experience for u!

thanks for sharing.

Also, errr,,,, erm,,,,, those poppy plants ah,,,,, erm,,,,,, err,,,,, can pluck or not ah?

I mean, strictly just to see how they look inside those pods...

err,,,,, coz never see before,,,, erm,,,, coz i curious,,,,

erm,,,, very curious....

seriously....

i'm a very curious boy....

seriously....

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

ya right..... 1 2 try say 1 2 try lah... dont err, erm lah....... datuk! u forever lah........

hi fruitcake,

those are fantastic pictures! they really capture the all the essence and culture of northern thailand. it must hv been an enriching experience for u!

thanks for sharing.

Yo Archer, thanks. Do join us on our regular meetup! :iconsalut: