• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

windscreen wipers jerking effecting

Surprise no one brought this up. It was discussed a few years back.

Available in almost all Esso pump station - S $9:20

CLEW-250.jpg

Steps:

- Clean your windscreen & rubber wiper blades, make sure its all clean

- Apply chemical neat (undiluted) with a piece of cloth onto the windscreen & rubber wiper blades

- Leave it to dry, few min & wipe off.

- Follow by squeezing the bottle, fill up the top portion and pour it directly into the car wiper reservoir.

- That's it.

Don't pour too much in, it's highly concentrated and its foamy : )

• Like 1

Surprise no one brought this up. It was discussed a few years back.

Available in almost all Esso pump station - S $9:20

CLEW-250.jpg

Steps:

- Clean your windscreen & rubber wiper blades, make sure its all clean

- Apply chemical neat (undiluted) with a piece of cloth onto the windscreen & rubber wiper blades

- Leave it to dry, few min & wipe off.

- Follow by squeezing the bottle, fill up the top portion and pour it directly into the car wiper reservoir.

- That's it.

Don't pour too much in, it's highly concentrated and its foamy : )

Hi bro,

what do you mean by apply chemical neat? are you referring to the bottle of windscreen wash?

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Hi bro,

What do you mean by apply chemical neat? are you referring to the bottle of windscreen wash?

Yes, refers to concentrated, undiluted.

Step 1 - Pour directly from bottle to cloth, wipe the entire windscreen.

Step 2 - Pour another cup of the chemical into the wiper reservoir which is already filled with water or windscreen cleaners.

Simple exercise for today hahaahaa

Got a bottle of window cleaner by MB, given when collect ride. Shown in pic.

I used it to clean the wind screen after shuddering and noise happens after the recent rain.

After cleaning, tried the wiper on the dry windscreen, no shudder no noise.

post-7112-0-23165200-1443848657_thumb.png

• Like 1

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Mine too. Very choppy. My new 2 month old car :(

Did C&C give u the Window Cleaner bottle as shown above (pic i posted).

My ride is <2 mths old. After using that cleaner on the entire window screen, no longer "choppy".

It is a concentrate, just squeeze the bottle lightly to have a few drops scattered on the windscreen and use a cloth to spread and clean. Thereafter use a Charmos to finish up wiping.

Do R/L side separately.

Cents.

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

After trying claying and changing to new wipers, it's still jerking after a few wipes. Now I have the clean the windscreen weekly n add the gladco water repellent weekly. My mech tell me the last resort is change the windscreen.

I m sure there r other options than to change the windscreen as changing windscreen also not 100% assurance it will not happen.

Google it, there are other alternate methods not mentioned here.

Got a bottle of window cleaner by MB, given when collect ride. Shown in pic.

I used it to clean the wind screen after shuddering and noise happens after the recent rain.

After cleaning, tried the wiper on the dry windscreen, no shudder no noise.

No I did not receive this upon collection. Have they stopped giving or my agent forgot?

• 3 weeks later...

I find it quite ridiculous too. I used the complementary cleaner and it is greatly reduced now. I hope it lasts for me. But the wiper leaves a dried watermark like stain in the middle of the windscreen where the wiping motion ends. I had to manual clean it to have a clearer vision. Sigh ..

I find it quite ridiculous too. I used the complementary cleaner and it is greatly reduced now. I hope it lasts for me. But the wiper leaves a dried watermark like stain in the middle of the windscreen where the wiping motion ends. I had to manual clean it to have a clearer vision. Sigh ..

It will return. Sent in to C&C to polish also useless, came back soon enough.

• 3 months later...

i'm replying again to this thread for the benefits of concern pple of the stupid effects of the wipers that casue jerking effects..

like all bro and sis... felt quite shit feeling over this... but that was 3yrs ago..

went for PIAA silicon wiper, problem solve.. it last me for the past 3yrs. =)

price was like $160-180 that time, only Autobacs carry. BUT... understand due to price wise.. not every bro and sis willing to spend that type of money on a pair of wipers. For me I think is money well spent.

i'm here to provide a alternative solution, after 3 yrs, I just change my piaa to a new silicon wiper.. but troublesome thing is Singapore never sell...

price wise, it's about the price of ORIGINAL MB wiper cost frm golden link... about $80-100 bucks.

u can buy frm here..

the first link for universal clip.

http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-UB124-Hybrid-Silicone-Wiper/dp/B00464D8E6/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454922856&vehicle=2013-63-16152------------1-0&sr=1-9&ymm=2013%3Amercedes-benz%3Ac250&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011

2nd link below for w204 only...

http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-FB124-Black-Silicone-Ultimate/dp/B00464GNBQ/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454922856&vehicle=2013-63-16152------------1-0&sr=1-12&ymm=2013%3Amercedes-benz%3Ac250&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I had the same problem, replaced the wipers, still have the problem.

Finally learned from Utube, spray some wd4d at the joint where you normally lift up your wipers when cleaning the screen, the back part where there is the the tension spring coil and clip joint, that part maybe stuck due to constant cleaning and also soap water from spray nozzle.

I hope that help you guys,

i thought the issue is the noise caused by the contact between wiper and glass? Not joint....

I thot likewise, change to new wipers, still same jerking,  go to a spray paint shop for advice, they apply a coat of chemicals suppose to smooth the glass for me, but also useless, jerking still. Then I checkout at utube if other might have the same problem. finally saw a clip highlight this problem,

Seem like when the spring or the joint clip is somehow stuck along the way, wd40 looser the clip, so there is no jam and so fore work smoothly.

btw, my wipers stop jerking since I do the spray 2 weeks ago. just be carefull to lay paper tissues before you spray the spring side. 

it might stained some paint off.

My 2 cents worth's.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I thot likewise, change to new wipers, still same jerking,  go to a spray paint shop for advice, they apply a coat of chemicals suppose to smooth the glass for me, but also useless, jerking still. Then I checkout at utube if other might have the same problem. finally saw a clip highlight this problem,

Seem like when the spring or the joint clip is somehow stuck along the way, wd40 looser the clip, so there is no jam and so fore work smoothly.

btw, my wipers stop jerking since I do the spray 2 weeks ago. just be carefull to lay paper tissues before you spray the spring side. 

it might stained some paint off.

My 2 cents worth's.

Thanks

Hi there, still had jerking effects after spraying WD40, pissed!

Go to Autobacs to get new wipers, while choosing, talk to 1 salesperson,

after hearing my problem ,He say could be wax built up on the screen causing the jerking.

He recommend me to send car to carwash to polish the screen or buy 3M microfiber sandpaper and polish it myself. Haha!

Have to make sure  the screen is very wet and also the sandpaper too before starting the polishing of the screen ,

do take note that the screen must be wet all time during the polishing, I use a water spray during the process to wet both while working in order not to scratch the screen. I completed it and wash the screen completely clean. After dried up test using the wipers, Wow!! So much better now.

I will do a second round of polishing again to make sure get rid of all the wax and to confirm if this trick really work,

( not more liquid wax while car washing at car wash centre again , this might be the reason of the wax built up).

Hope this does help all the Bros whom have the same issue with the wipers. 

Good Day to All!!!