• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204- New Side Mirrors

Guest W204

Guest xuexun

xuexun, is that a amg kit? where did you fix it? what's the damage?

Yes, it is the AMG bodykit. I've asked the C&C sales person to help me fix b4 delivery of car. Only Front and rear spoiler and side skirts and spoiler. He sent me invoice from benzline. cost approx $6xxx

Guest NewC180

xuexun ]

xuexun, is that a amg kit? where did you fix it? what' wrote:

Yes, it is the AMG bodykit. I've asked the C&C sales person to help me fix b4 delivery of car. Only Front and rear spoiler and side skirts and spoiler. He sent me invoice from benzline. cost approx $6xxx

Oh, that's good arrangement to get it done before delivery. Thanks for the info. Nice ride!!!

Guys, fyi..... MBM can do the AMG body kits at a lower price for all SGMERC member, pks do check them out to compare.

If black car will not make the kits stand out, do consider a lighter tone if going for kits.

Think this side mirror are the same as CLC. For me i will still prefer the old W204 mirror with the big signal.

• 2 weeks later...

forgot to mention,

the price of our side mirror (just the glass part alone without the external casing that holds the glass)

it cost $280 for the Left and $1000 for the Right (and thats the price if u buy ourside, C&C charge $380 and $1280)

So I believe the external casing may cost min $1500-2000 for both side ( thats just my guess.) cos my friends estima side mirror casing on 1 side is already $750. so Merc can't be cheaper than a Toyota right?

no way! those prices are enough to kill!

does anybody know why the difference in price from Left to Right mirror?

Archer ]

forgot to mention,

the price of our side mirror (just the glass part alone without the external casing that holds the glass)

it cost $280 for the Left and $1000 for the Right (and thats the price if u buy ourside, C&C charge $380 and $1280)

So I believe the external casing may cost min $1500-2000 for both side ( thats just my guess.) cos my friends estima side mirror casing on 1 side is already $750. so Merc can' wrote:

I think 1 side are with the anti-glare .

9339 ]

forgot to mention,

So I believe the external casing may cost min $1500-2000 for both side ( thats just my guess.) cos my friends estima side mirror casing on 1 side is already $750. so Merc can' wrote:

Thanks...only 1 word to describe these prices: Gila!

9339 ]

forgot to mention,

Anyone know the rational having only the right side mirror with anti-dazzle but not the left side? Merc saving cost??

Guest turismo

This I want to know as well. In fact I call up the service centre when the car was 2 days old to report that my anti-glare was not functioning on my passenger side window and was told is suppose to be like that..... :banghead: :banghead:

Anyone know the rational having only the right side mirror with anti-dazzle but not the left side? Merc saving cost??

best guess is that they're afraid that anti-glare on the passenger side might cause the driver being unable to see..

imho i drive other cars with both side mirrors having anti glare and find myself still being able to see out with anti glare activated.

even on their website it seems the older generation C55 and S65s dun have antiglare on the passenger side...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tategoi

Very disappointed my just-collected C200 still has the old mirrors >:(

Did you get it from PI or C&C? What is the production month/year of your car? Ask your salesman. Some PIs are still clearing old stocks, and yours is probably a New Old Stock, like hifi tubes.