• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204- New Side Mirrors

Guest W204

Hi guys,

I just noticed from one of the pics that the 2009 c class has new side mirrors. Doing some research, mb has decided to reduce the wind drag of the previous model. Apparently, the tip of the side mirrors gave some wind noise if driving above 70mph. It does get abit annoying sometimes, i dont believe the previous model w203 has alot noise.

So now, i am thinking of swapping to the new ones. Any ideas if this is possible?

Guest morganoh

Hi guys,

I just noticed from one of the pics that the 2009 c class has new side mirrors. Doing some research, mb has decided to reduce the wind drag of the previous model. Apparently, the tip of the side mirrors gave some wind noise if driving above 70mph. It does get abit annoying sometimes, i dont believe the previous model w203 has alot noise.

So now, i am thinking of swapping to the new ones. Any ideas if this is possible?

Can u refer me the pictures or any website links?

thanks

Guest morganoh

forgot to mention,

the price of our side mirror (just the glass part alone without the external casing that holds the glass)

it cost $280 for the Left and $1000 for the Right (and thats the price if u buy ourside, C&C charge $380 and $1280)

So I believe the external casing may cost min $1500-2000 for both side ( thats just my guess.) cos my friends estima side mirror casing on 1 side is already $750. so Merc can't be cheaper than a Toyota right?

Guest nightfly

My tenorite grey W204 also came with the new mirrors when I collected it last month. My SE showed me a few black W204s that still had the previous mirror so I guessed it depended on whether C&C had sold the older batch of whatever colour you had selected.

NewC180 ]

Found this on ebay. Don' wrote:

Yes - this is the exact Side Mirrors that I got.

Is this really the 'latest' design or the one in the showroom?

Thanks.

Thanks guy.

Looking at pics at ebay it seems that it can be retrofitted with the new ones. Hmmm, i think for 499 Euro is pretty okay. Probably, i'll swap it next year. Looks better too! :coolpic:Nice car..daywalker

Guest daywalker

same here...

Nice ride, daywalker88 - yours is Iridium Silver as well?

I find my Iridium Silver more like light gray! Haha

May be should get Black instead...

Happy New Year to all!

Thanks, and yes, it is Iridium Silver!

Did not want to go black or dark colors becuz then cant really see the amg bodykit (esp fm the frt) :love7:

Guest daywalker

Thanks guy.

Looking at pics at ebay it seems that it can be retrofitted with the new ones. Hmmm, i think for 499 Euro is pretty okay. Probably, i'll swap it next year. Looks better too! :coolpic:Nice car..daywalker

Thanks W204!

same here...

Nice ride, daywalker88 - yours is Iridium Silver as well?

I find my Iridium Silver more like light gray! Haha

May be should get Black instead...

Happy New Year to all!

Thanks, and yes, it is Iridium Silver!

Did not want to go black or dark colors becuz then cant really see the amg bodykit (esp fm the frt) :love7:

My previous ride is Black - but I didn't maintain well; it got really dusty. I thought Silver should be a 'safe' color. haha!

Bodykit is really not my cup of tea - I am more keen to get the Chrome Exhaust pipe instead, as mine came without. :(

Any recommendations?

I replaced mine with the C63 mufflers. If you just need the tailpipes, maybe you can try KBS or Benzline and see if they have the AMG single/dual exhaust tips.

Thanks bro - btw, how much did you pay for your C63 mufflers? :)