• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I am noob

Guest xuexun

Guest NewC180

I had a bad experience with c&c on this when I've collected my car a month ago. The polishing done was not good and there are swirl marks even after a repolish. In the end, I gave up and went to a polishing shop to remove the swirl marks and put Zaino on my car. Car looks even better then when I've collected it new... IMHO, you can get better polishing elsewhere probably at a lower price as well.... my 2 cts....

I am collecting mine this Friday! can't wait!!

New mirrors? Got what diff??

hi, congra!

The 'new' mirrors are different from what they show you in the showroom - with an almost 'Z' light indicator light instead of a rectangular type.

Thanks.

I had a bad experience with c&c on this when I've collected my car a month ago. The polishing done was not good and there are swirl marks even after a repolish. In the end, I gave up and went to a polishing shop to remove the swirl marks and put Zaino on my car. Car looks even better then when I've collected it new... IMHO, you can get better polishing elsewhere probably at a lower price as well.... my 2 cts....

Thanks bro - I was thinking about it last night too.

As I am very 'lazy' and I justified it for being busy - my last ride was so dirty that many thought it was grey colored (actually it suppose to be black).

I am open to sending to outside polishing shop but I am concerned that the so called nano-ceramic paint job on Merc might be 'damaged' by inexperienced polishers?

I heard of the Zaino shop at Toh Guan - they are quite expensive as well but they seem to be very professional though.

Thank you for the feedback.

Merry Christmas!

Hi Profectus, Audio 20 can read MP3 recorded only into CD.

For me, I now use CD-R, as I experience stuck CD for using CD-RW.

I hope it does not get stuck.

hi bro hwong,

Thank you for the feedback - this morning I tried loading one CD-RW before I can read your posting; Audio 20 can play the music but not too good (distortion and sounds like jumping tracks). Fortunately I can remove the CD-RW!

I burned my CD from MP3 that I ripped from my original CDs at 320Kb - anyone have any idea why Audio 20 has problem with playing back? Will it be better if I use CD-R instead?

It will be great if I can play MP3 - I can 'squeeze' approximately 5 CDs into one CD-RW; which translate to almost 30 CDs for the 6-CD Changer on Audio 20. :)

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Guest NewC180

Profectus ]

I had a bad experience with c&c on this when I' wrote:

Thanks bro - I was thinking about it last night too.

As I am very 'lazy' and I justified it for being busy - my last ride was so dirty that many thought it was grey colored (actually it suppose to be black).

I am open to sending to outside polishing shop but I am concerned that the so called nano-ceramic paint job on Merc might be 'damaged' by inexperienced polishers?

I heard of the Zaino shop at Toh Guan - they are quite expensive as well but they seem to be very professional though.

Thank you for the feedback.

Merry Christmas!

Yup, I went to the Zaino shop at Toh Guan, and I have to say I am very impressed of their work. When I send in the car in the morning, the swirl marks on the bonnet were so obvious, and I was so shocked that they were all gone when I collected the car at the end of the day. And the car still feel very smooth after 1-2 weeks of bad weather. Price wise I think they are reasonable considering the quality of work done, IMHO.

I'm quite skeptical about the paint protection thing. I've did the paint protection at another shop at Toh Guan as well for my the other car, and the effect really doesn't last. Now my the other car has lots of swirl marks, and I'm gonna send it in for the Zaino thing as well....

Guest turismo

Swirl mark cannot be avoided. Washing of car is the most common cause for Swirl unless you don't wash your car swirl mark is bound to happen. Use a proper washing method and clothe can help cut down swirl.