• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need Advice : 95" masterpiece E280

Guest Tomo

Hi,all bros,as you all know,I'm looking to buy W124,my initially plan was to get a E200 and transplant a 3.0.But after some advice from senior bros here,I think abit complicated.So I'm looking at one 95 E280 masterpiece that is available at one of the dealers.Went down to take a look,condition not bad,just minor wear and tear to replace.The only big problem is the drivers electronic seat is not 100% working,the seat cannot be adjusted up and down,and there's a small button I think is for adjustment of headrest also not working,but dealer say headrest is manual one.Any bros who has masterpiece care to clarified?As for the electrice seats,dealer says will repair for me after I placed the deposit.Any bros here know the cost of repairing the seats or replacing one,just in case I put deposit already and they can't do it for me,then I have to settle myself.I don't actually trust dealer too much,before you buy,everything also can,after you bought is different story,all become master of taichi.Looking forward to all bros advice.Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro, u should bring the car & let our official workshop, MBM have a full check-up. they will also advise u on wat to change & how much. then u can go back to the dealer & tell them wat to change before u actually purchase it. hope this help. as for the headrest thingy, fruitcake will be able to help u as he is also driving the masterpiece, big small eyes......

bro, u should bring the car & let our official workshop, MBM have a full check-up. they will also advise u on wat to change & how much. then u can go back to the dealer & tell them wat to change before u actually purchase it. hope this help. as for the headrest thingy, fruitcake will be able to help u as he is also driving the masterpiece, big small eyes......

hey... didnt know FCPH got masterpiece leh... u sure ? W210 not masterpiece leh...

don't think the dealer will let me drive to mbm to inspect first.Anyway,i'm quite happy with the conditions,just that the electric seats control make me very kaowei.Any masterpiece owners here can confirm the headrest is manual or electric?Thanks

Bro Tomo

let me guess... W124 Masterpiece E280

there is a white color S class for sale in that same shop as well ??

Dealer drives a black SL320 ??

if yes, pls see the comments from the other bros in my thread asking about a W124 or W140.

BTW... i also noticed the headrest not working problem

Dont you find it suspicious that the dealer re-uphostler the seat leather but never fix the electronics ??

Thanks Bro g8crasher for your pm.The dealer redo the seat because he says it wear off already,it din't occur to me why he din't do the electronic seats.Bro eokh,you wana enlighten me anything which I missed out?Thanks

hey... didnt know FCPH got masterpiece leh... u sure ? W210 not masterpiece leh...

my bad......

Guest clarkewan

i tot in singapore w124 model masterpiece is only e200?? my fren got a w124 e240 masterpiece in malaysia though...

but i havent seen or heard of a e280 masterpiece in singapore....

:D :D :D

YO!! check out sgcarmart

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=33843&DL=1103

the car has resurfaced again under another dealership... tell me what are the chances that there are 2 same year same month same model in the open market

apparently the first dealer has proven to be a incompetent salesman

wonder hows the S krass coming out to be ??

hmmm .... maybe its time for me to stop by and exercise my negotiation skills

g8crasher bro

seems to me more like a case of "Next Better Player"

afterall ... i would be more surprise the first player "can-make-it"

This car is definitely a challenge to sell. But if someone can afford the road tax and yet desire the relatively smaller body, I am sure this car has lots of potential to be the Ultimate Street Fighter Machine

Guest clarkewan

remember to bring it for a car wash first if u decided to buy...

make sure no water goes in when washing the car...

if not...

u definitely cry pain pain....

good luck in getting your mercs!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,if lets say i start with e200 first,e280 abit high on the road tax lah.Seniors here please advise,should I get the 8 valve or 16 valve? i will definitely go for 2.3 later part,so which will be easier to transplant?Thanks

Hi guys,if lets say i start with e200 first,e280 abit high on the road tax lah.Seniors here please advise,should I get the 8 valve or 16 valve? i will definitely go for 2.3 later part,so which will be easier to transplant?Thanks

If want to upgrade to 2.3, easier is get 8V, cos 16V lots of stuffs to be done not worth it.

8V's 2.3 $ could varies with workshop. And most of the blocks are from up north!