• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E250 Avant Grade reporting

Hi Simplisticnoch,

Congrats to u too. Gd choice, no regrets n enjoying the ride.

Yes, oil change at 15K km or 1 year which ever comes 1st.

Running in till 500km or more to ensure car have no problem before I piggyback ECU n Transmission. Will oso do engine oil change at the same time.

Am considering removing Eco Start/Stop, add permanent "ON" A/C internal circulation and other features for the Head Unit.

Next in line will be the Sound system. Planning to change the front 2 way speakers n add an Alpine processor to drive it.

That's all for the time being.

Cheers

Hi Simp,

My previous ride was installed with Active 3 way Brax Speakers driven with 3 units of Sifoni amps using Alpine head unit n processor. It added extra load n space to my boot! But it suppressed the car insulation engine noise n compensate with high end music.

With this new well insulated Mercedes, all I need is change the front doors 2 way speakers n using the processer to fine tune the system. No amp needed, clean n neat.

Damien,

When I mentioned run-in, it's to make sure my engine is perfectly OK before installing piggybag tuning. Intend to drive ard 1K km and do a oil change only without oil filter replacement with tuning.

Was at C&C this morning to rectify my local installed reverse camera issue. Randomly, there was a "No Signal" message appear in the screen when the car was in reversed gear.

The job was done in an hour and the GPS unit was replaced.

Did enquired frm them regarding installing power backup recording unit for front and back camera after the car is switched Off. Apparently, they said the unit will auto cut-off if the car battery starting to fall below12 volts. It cost ard $100 or more for it.

Any Bros here have experience, comments or suggestions to share?

Thanks!

Hi Simp,

My previous ride was installed with Active 3 way Brax Speakers driven with 3 units of Sifoni amps using Alpine head unit n processor. It added extra load n space to my boot! But it suppressed the car insulation engine noise n compensate with high end music.

With this new well insulated Mercedes, all I need is change the front doors 2 way speakers n using the processer to fine tune the system. No amp needed, clean n neat.

Hi bro, U find our e class very well insulated meh? drive a little longer and u will notice Its not as good as expectation...

Bro lks328,

What I meant was a comparison of my previous car when new.

Sorry for that misunderstanding.

U're right n agreed with u that "wait n see later" situation.

All of us experienced this when wear and tear starts.

One very good example is when the tire wears off gradually, tires "rolling" noise comes on after clocking

15K km or more(subject to tire brand).

More so when we mod the car, especially the engine. As the saying goes "The faster the car, the louder it's!"

We've to accept it so long the car serve us well without much problem.

That's why I've considered buying Mercedes over BMW & Audi brands!

Cheers

Bro lks328,

What I meant was a comparison of my previous car when new.

Sorry for that misunderstanding.

U're right n agreed with u that "wait n see later" situation.

All of us experienced this when wear and tear starts.

One very good example is when the tire wears off gradually, tires "rolling" noise comes on after clocking

15K km or more(subject to tire brand).

More so when we mod the car, especially the engine. As the saying goes "The faster the car, the louder it's!"

We've to accept it so long the car serve us well without much problem.

That's why I've considered buying Mercedes over BMW & Audi brands!

Cheers

Yeah. Bro. agreed. But sound insulation for this model is not my expectation. My first servicing not due yet.. I find the exterior noise, especially from rear boot... Rather obvious.. Nothing to complain other than this ..

Insulation from engine noise is good.

Bro lks328,

If am not wrong, car owner manual book stated that the exterior is made of aluminium material. U'll released how light and loud when u "bang" to close the bonnet.

When driven fast, there's wind noise frm the wing mirror window side. What u mentioned abt the boot area, u'll notice the spare tire compartment is not insulated with sound proofing material. Cos of this, u've the "noise" issue u mentioned. U can try to insulate the bottom compartment to see whether it works.

Alternatively, the best solution is to upgrade the car Audio system to Camafluge the unwanted noise as what I did to my previous car. Hehehe

• 2 weeks later...