• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone wants these!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Wow wow wow!! Lovely, especially the creamy white W113 280SL! :yumyum: But I'm sure the price will not be cheap... About half-a-year back Autobahn was selling a couple of examples asking for >$120k each.

As for the R107, it's a 280SLC not 280SEL. How can the owner make such a fundamental mistake? ??? Never seen that rim before too.

Guest benzw124

Its a 280SLC(R107) not an SEC(W126). They look like AMG penta rims on the SLC which are very rare and worth quite abit if they are indeed real. It also comes with various expensive options like the AMG wood steering wheel and a car phone as well. From the looks of the stance, the car may have lowered suspension(AMG springs?) or it could just be a very worn out suspension. Considering that COE pqp is rather cheap now, this car is actually a very worth while buy if one can foot the high road tax.

Guest technophobia

The second car is a C107 280SLC, not an SEC. The SLC designation was used on the R107-based "big" coupes of 1972-1981. The C107s are the only SL-based "big coupe" variants ever produced. Their replacement, the W126-based C126 coupes (manufactured late 1981 thru 1991) were the only Mercs to use the SEC designation.

The vehicle being sold has the North-American headlight kit retrofitted to it. Nice touch, considering that the legendary rally cars, the 450SLC 5.0 and 500SLC from three decades ago, ably piloted by racing luminaries Bjorn Waldegaard and Hannu Mikola, used US-type headlight clusters instead of the composite European light group. Presumably, this was because it was easier to replace busted bulbs and lenses on the U.S. spec light configuration.

Interestingly, while the R107 SL sports cars of 1971-1989 have no racing heritage to speak of, their longer, heavier SLC 2+2 coupe variants have a short history of rally victories in the hands of said drivers. Despite their weight and size, those SLC coupes shined brightly in the Bandama rally in the late seventies! Those behemoths won those pre-AWD rallies thanks to unmatched reliability and sheer power!

Car and Driver Magazine called the SLC the "King of the Hill" during its heyday, a title many enthusiasts say is well-deserved. :thumbsup:

Guest millionmilebenz

this is nice!!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=31996&DL=1000

MMB hehehe :punk1: :punk1:

Wow bro Kelvin, you really spreading dangerous poison ah!! hahaha :death:

The body looks great and the seats seem like they may have been re-wrapped. The rims really need changing though. Those look like W140 rims.

The W126 SEC is truly a beauty from any angle you look at it... :love7:

Guest technophobia

Yes, those C126 SECs are really nice. Actually, after dusting off the cobwebs in my brain, I remembered that there was one other Merc to use the SEC designation after the C126 of 1982-1991. It was the car's C140 coupe replacement, which for 1992 to 1993 was called the 500SEC and 600SEC. For 1994 thru 1997, that same car was called an S500 and S600, just like the W140 saloon on which it was based. This is because starting with model year 1994, then-new Mercedes-Benz nomenclature dicated that the letters (vehicle series) come before the engine size. After 1997 and until the end of C140 production in 2000(?) the very same car was called the CL500 and CL600. As far as I know, this is the only time Mercedes-Benz changed the name/type designation of the exact same car THREE TIMES. Nevertheless, I like the "ring" of the three letters "SEC". Not only because SEC represents one of the most charming, most attractive, most reliable and enduring coupes from the Three Pointed Star, but because SEC also stands for the Securities and Exchange Commission. Truth be told, when those SECs were in the new car market, you needed to own and operate an SEC top-rated corporation in order to be able to afford one. ;D

Hey technophobia, thanks for those interesting bits of trivia! Truth be told, I'd prefer the C126 anyday over the C140. The styling for me is the key issue. I just absolutely hate the front styling for the C140 and wished the designers would have done more justice to the design. In contrast the W140 looks absolutely regal with the classic benz look.

a91f18941ke.jpg

61642e34.jpg

There is something magical about the pillarless C126.

Guest millionmilebenz

Hey technophobia, thanks for those interesting bits of trivia! Truth be told, I'd prefer the C126 anyday over the C140. The styling for me is the key issue. I just absolutely hate the front styling for the C140 and wished the designers would have done more justice to the design. In contrast the W140 looks absolutely regal with the classic benz look.

There is something magical about the pillarless C126.

Can't agree more with you bro! Our sentiment is shared by many with more than a few blogs claiming the SEC as the best-looking coupe that MB has ever designed. Long live the C126 :thumbsup:

P.S: look who owns a C126 SEC... ;)

bruno-sacco.jpg