• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Average waiting time?

Guest quacks

What is the average waiting time you guys have experienced for your Mercs so far?

Im talking about the day you book/sign the contract till the day you collect your ride. Is a waiting time of 3 weeks common if the car you want is in stock?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the average waiting time you guys have experienced for your Mercs so far?

Im talking about the day you book/sign the contract till the day you collect your ride. Is a waiting time of 3 weeks common if the car you want is in stock?

i think 1-2 weeks for paperwork to be done if car in stock and here.

from PML i had to wait over 1 week even though mine was a show room model.

3 weeks?! That's ridiculous! They are just taking your money and not providing you with the service you should be getting. You should complain!

Guest skipper

3 weeks is not impossible - it depends on when you get your COE. If you book just after the COE bidding has ended, you have to wait 2 weeks for the next bidding and then 1 more week after that to get your car.

For my Merc (car in stock):

Booking date - 16 Jul 04

COE date - 21 Jul 04

Car registered - 28 Jul 04

For my Bimmer:

Car arrived in S'pore - 7 Jul 08

Car registered - 16 Jul 08 (including customs clearance, etc. COE already obtained)

Guest NewC180

PML delivered my 523 within 1 week earlier this year with a open cat COE, and Cycle delivered my C180 within 1 week after successful COE bidding last month. So I guess 1-2 weeks should be norm, 3 weeks is too long!

I did the booking and sign all the final papers 2 days before the first round of COE bidding for November....

Till now still haven't see or smell my new ride yet... tulan man.... :dblfk:

I did the booking and sign all the final papers 2 days before the first round of COE bidding for November....

so have you got your COE yet?

Guest skipper

Some SEs need to be chased...everyday!

No news yet...

Hopefully everything is settled by next week.

We shall see how everything goes... :pray:

PS: CB post this thread then kanna -1 karma, don't tell me my SE surf sgmerc also?!?!?!

No news yet...

Hopefully everything is settled by next week.

We shall see how everything goes... :pray:

PS: CB post this thread then kanna -1 karma, don't tell me my SE surf sgmerc also?!?!?!

Relax Bro quacks.... I help you recover it ok ?

All wait time depend alots on your booking price, anyway i dont think your Se or the company do it on purpose, there must be a reason behind it.The earlier they deliver,the faster they earn, why do they want to delay it. Hope you will get your car real soon...

Don't worry, I may have given off the wrong impression by my posts. I am not angry or anything...

I was just wondering what was the "average" acceptable waiting time to get the car.

Cheers!

Just took delivery of my car and it took about 2 weeks from the successful bid of COE. Cycle went on a recent sales conference of some sort to macau and most SE and staff where gone the whole week of the 10th Nov. Maybe that could have caused you more delay.

Hope you get your car soon. Good Luck!