• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Scary BMW accident

Guest 9339

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Yeh....I once caught a glimpse of a big kangaroo jumping off the road in front of the little rented Toyota Yaris that I was driving on a rainy night from Perth to Margaret River. Couldn't see the kangaroo from far due to heavy rain and would have taken a kangaroo back as souvenir if I had driven faster.

Wow that BMW driver is lucky his car didn't sustain too much structural damage! The kangaroos here usually don't die after drivers hit them, so they end up kicking the driver full force in the face and killing him.

On a side note, I haven't even seen a single kangaroo or koala here yet! The only things I've seen are the SWARMS AND SWARMS of flies. I love Singapore, it's my favourite country in the world! I can't wait to come back man -_-"

Wow that BMW driver is lucky his car didn't sustain too much structural damage! The kangaroos here usually don't die after drivers hit them, so they end up kicking the driver full force in the face and killing him.

On a side note, I haven't even seen a single kangaroo or koala here yet! The only things I've seen are the SWARMS AND SWARMS of flies. I love Singapore, it's my favourite country in the world! I can't wait to come back man -_-"

pop ur bonnet man, u will see throng of files corpses :laugh:

That is what night vision in the W221 Mercedes-Benz S Class is for, to avoid collisions.

night vision helps u see human and animals or hot stuff that are walking within reasonable speed out onto the path of the car.

my guess is that car was doing over 250kmph for the animal to get embedded that way. judging by the size of the engine cover, its probably 3 litres or more, that easily justifies the speed.

at 250kmph ur car passes by 69 meters every second. thats a 23 storie building u cover per second. at that rate, coupled with the fact that that poor animal was probably running across the road, out of sight of the infrared camera ->

even if u did hit the brakes, with full amg 8pots + 6pots, ABS, BAS and distronic plus at full power and assisting you to the mxm, you'd probably have fresh blood on ur windscreen.