• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

workshop installing grill

AY8686

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check with CarbonRevo

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

what kind of grill is it? and to fit which car?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I got a replica c63 grill on my c180 which give me a hard time. Lawrence from CarbonRevo did it for me. Which looks very hard for me as it's not a direct fit. So must see is what kind of grill

• 2 months later...

If you're the very fussy kind of guy, go to Lye design @ #04-04 AMK Auto Tech Point in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A.

In other car forums, Ah Lye is known as 'Hands of God' on body work. I've been going to him for some 20yrs.

I've fitted a similar after market grill to my SL350 (R230) shown in Gallery. I painted all the chrome 3 pointed star body color front and back for a stealth look over bling and only kept f tail pipes + 2 fog light bazzles chrome on my car. It wasn't a straight forward fix as the mounting points differ, so new mounts were fabricated for me using aluminum alloy over stock mounting points so I get flexibility to revert back to stock grill if I choose to do. 

If you're the very fussy kind of guy, go to Lye design @ #04-04 AMK Auto Tech Point in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A.

In other car forums, Ah Lye is known as 'Hands of God' on body work. I've been going to him for some 20yrs.

I've fitted a similar after market grill to my SL350 (R230) shown in Gallery. I painted all the chrome 3 pointed star body color front and back for a stealth look over bling and only kept f tail pipes + 2 fog light bazzles chrome on my car. It wasn't a straight forward fix as the mounting points differ, so new mounts were fabricated for me using aluminum alloy over stock mounting points so I get flexibility to revert back to stock grill if I choose to do. 

Thanks for your reply. I'm not fussy but just can't seem to find the right place that sells it. Went to one shop at Paya Ubi and was offered $580 for a single piece type. Then went to another place at Tai Seng area and the fella was more keen on hard selling me other stuff and on top of that his price for a 2 piece kit was $400plus. Just find some vendors a little iffy and makes me lose confidence in their products and services.

So if anyone can once again point to other sources, that would be most helpful.

Ah boon selling at $400. Include install. I bought mine there.

Me too

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I will be getting my CLA soon, I saw the chrome diamond grill installed instead of black in some CLA models. Any idea where I can get the grill changed from black to chrome ones? I checked with c&c, they don't change the grill for me..

They came on the CLA AMG kit and CLA 45.

From my knowlege CarbonRevo do carry them. CLA and A class is the same.